Status: In progress! That's right! I'm back!

That Last Little Spark

Sixty Eight

“Finally!” Erica sighed when the last two girls entered the modern lobby, decorated in black and white with orange accents. Chloe and Ashleigh stood up with her, looking just as relieved.

“It looks like Halloween in here.” Kelsey whispered to Jess, who laughed quietly in response.

“Ah, these must be the last two girls in the wedding party.” the man at the desk smiled when the five girls approached him.

“The last bridesmaid and my maid of honor.” Erica nodded with a smile.

“I hope you find everything in order, and on behalf of us here at the Carlyle, we wish you all the best for your wedding day.” he smiled even wider.

“Thank you.” Erica grinned back.

“How many times a day do you think he says that?” Ashleigh snickered quietly when they were waiting for the elevator. When they looked back, the man was leaning back in his chair, staring up at the ceiling with a bored expression on his face.

“He sure looks like he loves his job.” Jess whispered, causing Chloe to giggle.

“Be nice!” Erica shook her head, but she was smiling too. When they they looked back again, the man had that same smile plastered on his face as they could hear him congratulate yet another couple checking into the hotel. He said the exact same thing to the couple about everything being in order in their rooms and how everyone at the hotel wished them the best for their day.

That did it for the five girls, who burst out laughing as soon as the elevator doors closed.

“And he couldn’t even come up with anything different!” Kelsey doubled over in laughter, bracing her hands on her knees.

“So where’s Aaron staying tonight?” Ashleigh asked randomly as she tried to catch her breath.

“His mom’s apartment. We’re trying to keep up that tradition about not seeing each other before the wedding, and he said that if we were in the same hotel, he would most likely end up breaking that tradition.” Erica smiled, ignoring the kissing noises and the cooing noises from her bridesmaids and maid of honor, especially.

“And where’s Bam?” Ashleigh turned on Jess.

“I’m assuming he’s at his house. I’m not sure...he hasn’t called me yet-” she began explaining as her phone rang...with ‘Wait for Me’ by Theory of a Deadman as the ringtone.

“Judging by that glowing look on her face, I would say that’s Bam Bam now.” Kelsey gestured to Jess, who suddenly smiled and furiously dug through her purse.

“Yo babe.” Jess could almost hear Bam smiling on the other end.

“Hey.” she replied softly. “You back at home?” she asked.

“Just got in. I got lost somewhere in Pennsylvania and had no fucking service so I couldn’t call anybody.” he groaned.

“Why don’t you have a GPS?” she asked knowingly.

“Because after watching you trash yours in my driveway I figured it would be useless to get one. Besides, I’ve driven to New York enough.” he explained.

“It was a piece of shit, anyway. And how could you get lost if you’ve driven to the city before?” she asked.

“Because someone else usually drives home and I’m usually passed out in the back seat.” he laughed.

“You would.” she smiled and shook her head.

“It’s true! New York City always tires me out. Especially with all of those pretty girls like you.” he laughed a little.

“Then who’s going to drive you home this time?” Jess asked with a smirk.

“Would you two just have sex with each other and get it over with? I think I just lost my virginity listening to the two of you go back and forth flirting with each other like we’re all back in high school or something!” Kelsey suddenly burst out. Chloe dropped everything she was holding in shock, Ashleigh and Erica exploded with more giggles, and Jess’ cheeks flamed bright red.

“Scream that a little louder, Kels. I don’t think the rest of the house heard it.” Bam chuckled into the phone.

“Or the rest of the hotel.” Jess rolled her eyes and simply pushed her best friend into the wall of the elevator.

“Hey, can I talk to Erica for a second?” Bam suddenly asked.

“Uh...sure?” Jess poked Erica’s arm to get her attention. “Bam wants to talk to you.” she held her phone out to Erica, who took it in confusion.

“Hello?” she asked. Silence.

“Oh! Alright!” she suddenly smiled. “Yeah...oh that’s amazing...aw, she’ll love that.” Erica shot a smile in Jess’ direction. “Alright. Thanks for telling me.” she smiled again before giving the phone back to Jess. The other girls in the elevator looked at Erica, confused.

“I gotta go, babe. I’ll see you tomorrow, okay? Or I’ll call you later tonight.” Bam said reluctantly.

“Before you go, what was that about?” Jess asked.

“I’d love to tell you, but I can’t. It’s a surprise.” Bam laughed softly.

“Fine.” Jess sighed.

“I’ll try to leave as early as I can tomorrow, but if I’m not at the ceremony, I swear I’ll be at the reception.” he promised.

“Okay.” Jess smiled, saying goodbye before disconnecting.

“What, no ‘I love you’?” Chloe asked.

“We haven’t gotten to the whole ‘I love you’ thing, yet.” Jess admitted.

“You want to...don’t you.” Erica said...not as a question, but as a statement.

“Yeah...I do.” Jess sighed and looked down at her phone again before dropping it back in her bag as the elevator doors finally opened, letting the girls out on the 16th floor.
♠ ♠ ♠
Oh, the things I make Kelsey say XD
[it's going to be described in the next chapter, but if you want to see what the rooms look like, go back to the Carlyle website, under Rooms & Suites, and the girls are going to be in the Superior Two-Bedroom Suite]
or you can just click here to save you the trip of going back a chapter. There's a floor plan of each suite/room, too.