Status: In progress! That's right! I'm back!

That Last Little Spark

Sixty Nine

“Now this is a suite!” Jess exclaimed as soon as Erica opened the door to the room where the girls would be staying the night.

“Who gets the big bed?” Chloe asked.

“My wedding, my bed!” Erica called out and threw her bag on it.

“This couch is so comfortable. I call dibs!” Ashleigh sank down onto the plush couch on the other side of the room. “And it folds out!” she picked up one of the cushions to see a handle.

“Someone gets a bed to herself.” Kelsey observed as Jess and Chloe led the way into the second bedroom.

“Mine!” Jess pounced on one of the soft beds. Kelsey and Chloe looked at each other, then at the bed.

“Before you two wrestle each other for a bed, might I suggest a coin toss?” Jess asked. Kelsey dug a quarter out of her purse.

“Heads!” Chloe exclaimed.

“I guess I’m tails.” Kelsey said.

“Are you girls serious?” Erica laughed from the other room as Kelsey tossed the coin into the air and let it hit the floor.

“Heads! The bed is mine!” Chloe cheered when the coin stopped spinning.

“It’ll be just like high school, Kelsey!” Jess grinned at the memories of her and Kelsey having to share a bed whenever they slept over at Bam’s house...or whenever they slept over at each other’s houses in general.

“Oh great.” Kelsey teased her and tossed her bag on the bed with a dramatic sigh.

“We should go down now, so we’re on time.” Erica spoke up from the doorway once they had all checked out the room. They had fifteen minutes left until their appointments, but they all agreed that it would be better to be early than risk losing their reservations.

“That’s it. I’m remodeling my apartment like this.” Jess whispered as the girls walked out of the elevator and into the reception area.

“Can I just move here?” Kelsey giggled in agreement as they appraoched the reception desk.

“Ah, you must be the bridal party.” the young woman behind the desk smiled and checked them in. They were all getting the Hammam massages, followed by the Sense Signature Facial. And because it was Erica’s wedding, the spa had given her a deal, meaning the massages and facials were half off. A few of the girls were also getting some of the Blissful Basics, like Jess, who had decided to get the Bright Eyes treatment which would take care of the dark circles around her eyes that had yet to go away after the past few days.

“I wish my bathroom looked like this.” Ashleigh ran her hand along the wall as the five of them descended the stairs from the reception area to the actual spa. When they had all changed into their bathing suits, they were given fluffy robes and slippers to wear while they waited.

“Can I take this with me when I leave?” Ashleigh sighed and snuggled deeper into her robe.

“I wouldn’t get too comfortable, we’re probably going to have to take them off to get the massages.” Chloe giggled.

“But it’s so warm!” Ashleigh replied as a woman entered the room. “If you would all follow me I’ll take you to your treatment rooms.” she smiled. Her voice was soft and soothing.

“Can I just pay her to talk? I could definitely relax to that.” Kelsey whispered to Jess. There were three rooms designated for the Hammam massage treatments, with two beds in the first two rooms and one in the third room.

“I say we give the bride her own room. She has to share a suite with the four of us later.” Jess teased Erica as the girls all nodded and smiled in agreement. Erica was led into her own room while Ashleigh and Chloe were shown to another.

“Guess I’m stuck with you.” Jess playfully bumped her shoulder against Kelsey’s as they entered their own room. The room was divided in half, however by a cream colored curtain that drawn down the center enough so that the people giving the massages could walk to the other side, but the people lying on one bed couldn’t see the other.

“I wish this was in my apartment. I would never leave.” Jess looked around the room, decorated in all black and white with the wall opposite from the door slowly changing color. The floor was thin cream carpeting to contrast the walls and compliment the curtain dividing the room.

She stopped talking, however, when her massage began. All she could think about was the smell of lemon, coffee, and orange blossoms. Soothing music played overhead, and she closed her eyes, allowing herself to drift away from consciousness.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry, everyone! This took longer than I expected/wanted. I had to put this story at the back of my mind for midterms last week, especially for my Algebra II/Trig midterm.

I failed it anyway, though, with a 57, which really makes me wonder why I studied for it all day the Sunday before [it was last Tuesday], made all of those study sheets, took home blank copies of the review packets and did them all, and then studied for the TWO HOURS we had in between our English midterm and the math midterm. I guess I shouldn't be too bitter, though, because I heard someone got a 4 on it. I passed everything else though...but I really wanted to pass the Trig midterm.

Who invented trig, anyway?

In other news: I HAD NO SCHOOL TODAY. That's big because the last time my school had a snow day, I was still writing 'If You Took Another Look'...that's almost a year ago. We rarely close. I guess that's what you get when you have a principal from Canada and a superintendent from Alaska.

We close for the weirdest things though: second day of school in 7th grade we had a power outage. Second day in 8th grade, a flood in the middle of town.
And they counted as snow days...really?!

And even though I said I wouldn't do it, I wore my pajamas inside out last night, flushed ice cubes down the toilet, and wished on 11:11 for a snow day.

Anyone else closed today?

Oh! I forgot to mention: it hasn't snowed since six this morning. Cloudy skies, but nothing falling. So...a snow day with no snow.