Status: In progress! That's right! I'm back!

That Last Little Spark

Chapter Seven

*3 hours later*
[Bam]

"Kiss me too fiercely, hold me too tight
I need help believing you're with me tonight.
" a silvery voice floated over the room. People nodded approvingly and turned to face the girl at the piano, singing as her fingers hovered delicately over the keys.

"That girl and Wicked go hand in hand." the female bartender smiled.

"And just for this moment, as long as you're mine,
I've lost all resistance and crossed some borderline.
And if it turns out it's over too fast,
I'll make every last moment last.
As long as you're mine.
" she continued to sing even as a guy took the stage.

"Maybe I'm brainless, maybe I'm wise." he sat down on the piano bench next to her and together they finished the song. I clenched my fists as he gave her a kiss on the cheek.

"Take a bow." she instructed. He sighed and bowed a little before walking off the stage.

"Give it up for my lovely duet partner, Mike! This was his first time singing that song." she grinned and people applauded politely. My nails dug into my palms when the guy sat beside me.

"You have some balls, my friend. JJ would absolutely kill my voice." the guy bartender put a drink in front of the man. I grimaced at the nickname WE had given Jess.

"Remember that time we went to see Wicked and you were the only one who didnt know the words to any of the songs?" a waitress giggled as she set an order down on the bar.

"How do you all know JJ?" I asked.

"She was in almost all of my classes in college. When I moved back here, her and Kelsey followed." the guy said.

"Good for you." Dunn muttered under his breath.

"We know her from here. We go out as a group almost every Friday. That reminds me, Chloe, since your birthday's on Friday, where do you want to go?" the female bartender asked the waitress.

"What about that new place on Broadway?" she asked.

"Oh yeah! It's supposed to be a really good restaraunt. We should try and catch a movie, too." the female bartender replied.

"Or clubbing." Jess' voice was next to me again.

"Where's my margarita?" she asked. The female bartender produced another pink drink.

"The ice melted in the other one." she said as Jess took a sip.

"We could do that, too. I kinda wanna party for some reason." the waitess replied. It was almost one in the morning.

"One last song and then I'm done, and so are the rest of you, because this is last call." Jess winked and returned to the piano.

"I will always be with you, makes no difference where your road takes you to.
Even if we're apart, now we're joined at the heart.
Though our moment may be gone.
You and I will still live on.
"

"Thank God we found her. Our last piano player sucked and was such a bitch." the male bartender looked fondly at Jess.

"When you're lost in the night, and you can't see the light,
My love will see you through
I will always be there, you'll have me there.
I will always be with you.
" her voice matched the tone of the last note, and the place erupted in applause. People began picking up their coats and walking into the New York City night.

"See you tomorrow, everyone!" she laughed. I stood up and ran over to her.

"Can't we stay and have another?" I asked.

"Last call was before Jess' last song. Sorry." the female bartender announced.

[Jess]

"I don't think I asked you." Bam half slurred.

"I don't really think you can talk to my friends that way." I hissed as I put on my coat.

"So they're your friends? What the hell are we?" he asked.

"You're still my friends, too. Why? Jealous?" I asked icily.

"Of two bartenders, a waitress, and Peter Pan over here?" he scoffed. The bar was closed, and the only people left in it were Chloe, Mike, Erica, Joey, Ashleigh, the guys, and me.

"What's wrong, Bam? Feeling replaced? Angry because one of your old friends can't hang out and drink beer all day and night? Because I have a job to do and I can't bullshit around all the time like I used to? Well here's a reality check: this isn't the past anymore." I slammed my hand down on the wooden bar.

"If you had come back home-" he began.

"Oh drop it, Brandon! You're pissed because I'm doing perfectly fine without your help. Did you expect me to come crawling back to Westchester once I saw that part of your show? Or did you expect me to wait there until you guys all came back? I'm sick of waiting, Bam. It's caused too much shit in the past. So if you want me to live in the past, you might as well go back to West Chester, because this is my home. I belong here." I hissed before I turned and walked out the door.
♠ ♠ ♠
this is going to be the last update until saturday, unless i can manage to squeeze an update in tomorrow afternoon, which isnt likely. going to a haunted hayride tomorrow night! any fellow new yorkians in the house?

6:30- 10/16: THANK YOU DEATHSISSUE6661 FOR MAKING THIS STORY A BANNER!!!!!!