Status: In progress! That's right! I'm back!

That Last Little Spark

Seventy Six

Jess tried to put Bam out of her mind during the pictures, she really did. She tried to have faith that he would get to the reception in time, but she wondered what was taking him so long.

“Are you okay?” Erica took her arm as they were walking back down the path to the carriages after the pictures had been taken.

“Just thinking.” Jess sighed.

“He’s gonna be here, Jess. Don’t worry about it.” Erica laughed softly.

“She just wants to dance with him.” Kelsey looped her arm through Erica’s free arm and giggled. “Twirl him around the floor a few times, get him liquored up and see where it goes from there.” she winked.

“Where the hell are you getting all of these innuendos from? It feels like since the first night we saw the guys, your mind has gone straight into the gutter!” Jess bit back a smile.

-

Cocktail hour was underway .

“He’ll be here, Jess.” Kelsey whispered when Jess looked around the room once more in between sipping on her champagne.

“I just don’t get why he won’t call, or hasn’t called at all today.” Jess frowned in response.

“Oh...I thought you were just getting impatient or something. Have you tried calling him?” Kelsey asked.

“Once during the pictures but he never picked up. Straight to voicemail. It doesn’t take that long to drive here, and he knows where we are.” she shook her head. It was only then that she noticed the guests filing back into the banquet hall, where the staff of the boathouse had been setting up the tables for the last hour. It had been transformed into a beautiful reception hall, from what she and Kelsey could see.

Once the last guest was through the doors, the wedding party lined up once again to make their entrance. One by one they were announced by the wedding deejay and filed through the doors and onto the dance floor.

Again Jess looked around for Bam in the sea of familiar faces. Just when she was about to give up on him showing up, she finally saw him, April, Phil...and her aunt. They were sitting towards the back of the room, smiling and waving when they finally saw her. Erica and Aaron came in right behind her and Aaron’s brother, and everyone stood up, cheering and clapping, but Jess was only looking at Bam.

As they sat down at the head table, every girl in the bridal party, including Erica, looked at Jess with a knowing smile. She grinned back at them and breathed a sigh of relief.

“Look, Jess. Red wine!” Kelsey called down the table behind everyone’s backs. Jess looked down at the table to see glasses of red wine and bubbling champagne, then looked around to make sure the photographer wasn’t nearby before she flipped Kelsey off. But she couldn’t help how large her smile was. Now that Bam was here, everything was finally falling into place.
♠ ♠ ♠
There's really no excuse as to why I haven't updated in almost a month. Procrastination+writer's block....
Short but sweet.

I'm really not sure if Mindfreaked is ever going to be finished, because I'm thinking about a new story. Some of you may have noticed that 'Everybody's Fool' is not on the story list anymore. I have that and some ideas for the story on a word document, but like Mindfreaked, the chances of me finishing that are slim.

So why start a new story?
I have a ton of ideas for it. When I've been sitting around doing nothing, I'm always thinking of ideas for this new story.

What is it?
A Ghost Adventures fanfiction.
...Why?
I've become even more addicted to the show than before. Plus these ideas have been bouncing around in my head for almost a month, and I need to put them somewhere. And for the fact that there really aren't a lot of Ghost Adventures stories here or anywhere else. I promise it won't be all romance. I've got a lot of terrifying lockdown ideas just begging to be put into this story. That's what you get from a girl who loves everything that has to do with Halloween and haunted houses :) And in case any of you want to know, the title is 'Chase the Shadows Away'

But don't worry! I won't be starting that until this story is OFFICIALLY OVER. I'm going to guestimate about 10-12 [LONG] chapters are left in this story before I finish it. And unfortunately, there will not be a sequel.