Status: In progress! That's right! I'm back!

That Last Little Spark

Eighty One

“Get him, Erica!” Ashleigh shouted from the crowd when it was time to cut the cake.

“Go for the face!” someone else yelled in agreement. Erica and Aaron each picked up a small piece of cake and grinned at each other. Aaron slowly brought his piece to Erica’s lips, gave her one more wide smile, and smeared the cake across her mouth. She gasped and smeared her piece across his face, spreading frosting from the corner of his eye all the way down to his chin. The people around them laughed and started cheering. Erica grabbed his frosting covered face and pulled him down to meet her lips.

“Sweetest kiss ever.” Jess overheard Aaron say to Erica when they pulled apart.

“Tasted pretty good, too.” Erica winked. One of the staff wheeled the cake back toward the kitchen where it could be cut up for the rest of the guests while the bride and groom left to clean themselves up.

*

2:30 AM

The last wedding guests were slowly making their way out of the ballroom. The only people left were the wedding parties, and the parents. Even the little kids were still there, even though Katrina was asleep in Erica’s mom’s arms. They all walked out into the New York City night, where one of the carriages was making its way up the path.

“Have fun! Take lots of pictures! We’ll miss you!” they were all saying goodbye to Erica and Aaron, who were leaving for a two week cruise around the Bahamas the next day.

“Use protection.” Jess giggled in Erica’s ear when they hugged.

“You too.” Erica winked back when they pulled away, causing Jess to flush. Erica turned away from the group to allow Aaron to help her up onto the carriage seat.

“Bye! Goodbye!” they all yelled and waved as the carriage pulled away from the boathouse. When their goodbyes faded into the night, the rest of the group began saying goobye to each other before going their separate ways.

“Promise you’ll both come down to see us!” April exclaimed, drawing Jess and Kelsey in for a hug.

“Are you leaving right now?” Kelsey asked.

“Early tomorrow morning. I have to do hair for a wedding at three so I want to get ready.” April sighed.

“Then promise to come up and see us if we can’t make it down there! We’ll go out clubbing!” Kelsey smiled at the older woman.

“Yeah, Kelsey and I will show you a good time.” Jess laughed in agreement. Her aunt stepped forward.

“I have to go too, sweetie.” she pulled Jess into her arms.

“But you just got here! And you haven’t seen my apartment or the club yet!” Jess frowned.

“I know, I know, but I have to work tomorrow, too. But you looked beautiful.” her aunt said into her ear, squeezing her one more time before letting her go.

“You’re not leaving, are you?” Jess turned to Bam, who wrapped his arms around her waist.

“Not a chance. You’re stuck with me for a few days, babe.” he laughed softly. “As a matter of fact, let’s get out of here.”

“You read my mind.” she whispered back to him. “Guys,” she said louder to the group. “We’re gonna take off.”

“See you later, lovebirds.” Chloe winked.

“Keep her in one piece, Bam! We still need a piano player at the club!” Ashleigh giggled.

“Any more sex jokes or are you guys done?” Jess put her hands on her hips.

“Give us about ten minutes, we can come up with a few more.” Kelsey smiled as Jess flipped her off for the second time that night.

“Bye!” Jess and Bam both yelled over their shoulders as they walked away.

“Back to the apartment.” Jess sighed in content, ready to sleep in her own bed.

“Nope.” Bam grinned.

“No?” Jess repeated.

“You still have to pick up your stuff from the hotel, remember?” Bam laughed. They reached the entrance to the park and waited for the light to turn red.

“Hey! Wait up!” a voice suddenly called from behind them. They both turned to see the rest of the bridal party running to catch up.

“What are you doing?” Jess asked. “Where are the guys?”

“The boys went off to Aaron’s hotel. We have to get our stuff!” Chloe panted as they all slowed to a stop beside Bam and Jess. “The damn shoes!” she added, bending down to pull them off of her feet.

“You know what? I’m sick of them too.” Kelsey pulled hers off.

“Ew, you’re going to walk around on the dirty streets and sidewalk with no shoes on?” Jess asked.

“Of course not! You’re going to give me a piggyback ride!” Chloe grinned.

“In a strapless dress? Bitch, you can hitch a ride from someone else.” Jess laughed.

“Chloe I’ll do it!” Kelsey raised her hand with a giggle and stooped down a little so Kelsey could jump on her back.

“Someone grab our shoes!” Chloe pointed to where the two pairs of shoes were lying on the ground.

“This traffic is never going to stop!” Ashleigh groaned as the cars kept coming and the light stayed green.

“Someone stick their leg out!” Jess suggested.

“We want to cross the street, not catch a taxi, Jess.” Ashleigh corrected her.

“Isn’t this like, the shortest red light in the city?” Kelsey asked.

“Oh my god, you’re right. It’s literally a 10 second light.” Jess shook her head.

“Then we better haul ass. Chloe, hold my dress up. As soon as this light turns green, red, we’re going!” Kelsey instructed.

“I’m recording this!” Ashleigh had her camera in her hand, pointed at the giggling bridesmaids. They watched as the light suddenly turned red and the cars reluctantly stopped.

“Go!” Jess exclaimed. Kelsey ran into the street first with Chloe on her back, waving at the people in the cars. Ashleigh was right behind them, still filming as they reached the sidewalk. Bam and Jess staggered behind, laughing so hard they couldn’t breathe. They continued that way to the hotel, Ashleigh filming the entire time.

“Okay, get down.” Kelsey stopped inside the lobby of the Carlyle so Chloe could get off her back.

“Thanks for the ride.” Chloe giggled.

“I almost wish we could stay here another night. The view from the room was incredible.” Jess sighed.

“Do you want to stay?” Bam asked as they started walking to the elevator.

“You mean, stay here another night?” she asked hopefully.

“Yeah. I mean, your apartment’s nice, but it doesn’t offer much of a view of the city.” Bam offered.

“Can we?” Jess asked with a smile.

“You go get your stuff. I’ll call you when I get a room.” he nudged her toward the elevator.

“What’s Bam doing?” Kelsey asked when Jess caught up to them at the elevators.

“We’re staying here tonight.” Jess admitted.

“Ooh la la!” Chloe giggled when the door to one of the elevators slid open.

“I know where this is going!” Ashleigh added teasingly. As the doors closed, Jess saw Bam shaking his head and laughing at all of them.
♠ ♠ ♠
woohoo! another chapter!
I shall now treat myself to writing a chapter of my new story. I really want to put it up but I promised myself I would finish this story first XD
That's it for today.

I'm going to a lock in tonight with my class from my church and kids from other churches at another church [let's see how many more times I can put the word 'church' in this sentence?] for Maundy Thursday. I'm not really religious [my mom used to have to force me to get up on Sunday mornings to go] but I had a lot of fun last year...and it's a little creepy because we do this one thing called Sitting with Jesus, and it's basically where we all sign up in pairs to sit in the chapel on the side of the church for half an hour in complete silence, like the disciples did the night before he died. [Please note that I'm not trying to shove my religion down anyone's throat or trying to offend anyone...just explaining what we do during the lock in!] Last year it rained all night, and all you could hear was the rain on the roof. Me and one of my friends sat from 12-12:30 and suddenly she sneezed and I jumped like, a foot XD

the rest of the night we make food, watch movies, do crafts, and sleep in the church pews...if we sleep at all XD I think last year I got an hour of sleep, so I'll probably be wiped out tomorrow.