Status: In progress! That's right! I'm back!

That Last Little Spark

Eighty Three

10:30

Jess opened her eyes slowly the next morning and looked over to see Bam, half of his body hanging off the bed and his mouth open. She smiled to herself and stretched before sitting up to look out the window. The sun shone down from a crystal blue sky and puffy white clouds dotted the horizon. It was the perfect summer day, and Jess wasn’t about to spend it indoors. With a grin, she nearly jumped off of the bed and pushed one of the windows open. A light breeze entered the room, bringing with it all of the smells and sounds of the city.

“Wake up! I want my surprise!” Jess picked up one of the hotel pillows and brought it down on Bam’s chest.

“Wha-?” he bolted upright sleepily, looking around for whatever woke him up. His eyes finally landed on Jess, standing beside the bed in the shorts and tank top...and that garter.

“I should’ve known you wouldn’t have let me sleep.” he said through a yawn.

“I want my surprise.” she repeated, smiling wider.

“Don’t you think we should get dressed first?” Bam gestured to her...attire.

“I don’t have any clothes here. I didn’t expect to stay here another night.” Jess reminded him.

“Well then I guess it’s back to your apartment we go.” he threw the blankets off of himself and started picking up his things. Jess began collecting her jewelry from the bathroom counter and put her dress back in the garment bag. Once they made sure they had everything, Bam pocketed the room key card and they made their way to the elevators. He was still wearing the clothes he wore to the reception last night, and she had put on the jeans she had worn to to the hotel the night before the wedding.

They turned the key in at the desk and stepped out into the August sunshine. Jess managed to hail a cab and they slid into the backseat of the air conditioned car.

“So what’s my surprise?” she asked when the cab slowed to a stop outside of Jess’ apartment building.

“You’ll have to wait until we get there.” Bam grinned.

“We’re going somewhere?” Jess asked him. He simply nodded and led her into the building.

“Not until later, though.” he laughed when she groaned in annoyance.

“How much later?” she asked while they were waiting for the elevator.

“Two. And you better find your prettiest summer dress. You’re gonna need it.” he said when the doors opened.

“That might be difficult.” Jess frowned in thought as she tried to remember all of the dresses she had in her closet. “I know Kelsey leaves clothes here all the time, though.” she added.

By the time the elevator doors opened again, Jess must’ve had an idea of what she was going to wear, because she ran out of the elevator and down the hallway, digging her keys out of her bag.

“In a hurry?” Bam laughed.

“I know what I’m going to wear.” Jess threw the door open and dropped her bag as she kicked off her shoes. Bam watched her run down the hall and shut the door to her room.

Jess opened her closet and pushed the hangers to one side, revealing a lacy white baby doll dress. Grinning, she pulled it off of the hanger. Then she crossed to the other side of the room and opened up her jewelry box, pulling out a necklace and a couple of bracelets.

She went into the bathroom next, turning on her curling iron before she brushed her hair out, getting out the knots that resulted from her going to bed with damp hair. As it warmed up, she washed her face and applied fresh makeup. When the iron was hot enough, she started curling her hair. After she finished, she ran her fingers through her hair to loosen the curls into waves. Finally, she changed into the dress and put on the jewelry she had picked out. When she looked in the mirror on her closet door, she couldn’t help but smile.

“If we want to get something to eat, we better get moving!” Bam called through the door right before Jess opened it.

Bam’s eyes went wide at her appearance. The lacy dress was perfect on her and he loved how she played it up with three green, pink, and blue bracelets on her wrist, and her green sandals and necklace.

“Ready?” she asked brightly. He grinned back at her wordlessly as she slipped on her shoes and took his hand.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it's so short. Typing with fake nails is really hard for someone who hasn't worn them in a little over a year. My junior prom is tomorrow! I'm so excited, even though I'm not going with a date.

ARE YOU ALL READY FOR THE RAPTURE?
I'm kidding. I really don't believe the world is ending tomorrow or anything like that.
But just in case it does, I'm watching Little Nicky to get in the spirit and tomorrow I'm either
A) leaving old clothes in the street to see how many people freak out
B) spreading paranoia by asking everyone if they're ready
or C) wait until 6 pm [because the guy who declared tomorrow was going to be rapture day apparently knew the exact time] and in honor of Little Nicky, no matter where I am at 6 pm, I'm going to start screaming the blind guy quotes.

If you don't know what that last one means, go watch the movie. I think it's hilarious. It's got Adam Sandler in it!

Side note: I'm not trying to mock anyone's religion. I just think people are overreacting way too much about this. I'm not very religious, but I know for a fact the Bible says that nobody knows when the end is coming. I highly doubt a man in Florida has that much power to predict the end. I personally can't wait to see what happens to him on Sunday.

But on the other hand, if it really does happen, I'm going to be pissed because my prom doesn't start until 6:30.