Ignorance is Bliss

o1.

I stuck my hand into the cooler, pulling a bottle out from amid the freezing ice. Checking the label, I popped open the top and poured the cool liquid down my throat.

I was nowhere near being wasted enough.

My best friend, Chloe, however, was nowhere close to being sober enough to stand up. “Jenae,” she giggled, grasping the edge of a chair to keep from toppling over, “I’m gonna need to find…the…shit..what- OH! Hahaha, the bathroom!”

“Okay…” I frowned. “Don’t fall.”

“You just drink that,” she snorted, pushing the bottle to my face. I wrinkled my nose and leaned back, she smelled like vodka. She disappeared among the crowd of bouncing heads.
I finished off the bottle, and reached back into the cooler to find another one.

This was probably the last thing I would normally be doing. I didn’t go to these types of parties, I didn’t smoke, I didn’t drink, and I certainly refrained from the type of dress I was now wearing- a navy blue sequin covered tube top that barely covered the tops of my thighs. But tonight was an exception. Weren’t there always exceptions to every rule?

This past month had been hell. And after my various attempts at trying to forget it and move on had failed, I decided that getting completely drunk would work- even if it only pushed the memories away for one night. Dressing like a hoe was Chloe’s idea- although I had skipped the heels for converse. Much comfier.

Approximately 4 and a half drinks later, I was definitely feeling the rush of alcohol settle into my system. My stomach felt warm and fuzzy, and I smiled drunkenly, dancing alongside Chloe.

“SEE?” Chloe yelled over the blaring music pumping out of the surround sound system, a massive speaker thumping in every corner of the room. “This is EXACTLY what you needed!” she squealed, rumpling her messy hair. Even slightly frizzy and mussed from 3 hours of partying, her straight, blonde hair looked perfect. Mine, however, was probably a different story. I had decided to stay from the mirror after throwing on my skimpy dress.

Someone tapped me on the shoulder, and I spun around. There, standing in front of me, was the most beautiful and perfect g- “IS YOUR FRIEND SINGLE?” He interrupted my gaze, pointing at Chloe. So much for that. Should’ve seen it coming.

“Oh, yeah, totally,” I flashed a cheesy smile at him. “Go for it.”

Okay, so maybe that was harsh of me. But I really was tired of being the “less hot” one between me and Chloe. I knew she was drop-dead gorgeous, especially compared to me, but really? Couldn’t one cute guy talk to me? Preferably a cute guy…that wasn’t an ass.

“Cool,” he slipped past me, and THEN, not kidding, pushes me away, and starts dancing behind Chloe.

She started dancing with him, eventually turning around to see who it was.

“Oh,” she smiled, as she took him in, “he-llo.”

I rolled my eyes, and turned to stalk away. I was way too drunk to be dealing with this.

Stumbling over to sit on one of the sofas, which were looking particularly comfortable, I lost my balance, and the ground swirled up to my face.

Hands caught me before my face could collide with the ground, and I stood up.

“Oh God, thanks…” I slurred.

Looking up to see who it was so I could thank them when I wasn’t wasted, my body froze. Damn it.

“You okay?” his eyebrow puckered, and he studied my face, his eyes slowly trailing down my outfit. I crossed my arms self-consciously.

“…I don’t know,” and I started giggling. Actually giggling. What the hell was wrong with me?

“Do…you need help?”

God. Why was he so gorgeous? It would make my life a whole lot less complicated. And how he could be so nice, and yet such a douche bag at the same time?

I wasn’t thinking straight. “Yeah…” I answered. “Could you help me…get upstairs?”

The words didn’t come out right. They were slurred, and now my head was pounding.

“Uh, yeah.” He stepped closer to me, paused, and then proceeded to scoop me up, carrying me towards the stairs.

I wrapped my arms around his neck and rested my head on his shoulder. God, I felt like crap.

He reached out from under me, and opened a door, setting me on a bed.

“Okay…well…you need anything else?”

I knew I wasn’t thinking right, but it was like I couldn’t stop myself. Like I was watching a movie, and screaming at the character “NOOO!” but being the audience, completely helpless. I wasn’t in control.

I sat up and got on my knees, and wrapped my arms around his neck again, pulling his face towards me. I paused, gauging his reaction, but he only stared at me, surprised.

“How many drinks did you have, Jenae?”

I shrugged. “Too many.”

He smiled, and placed his mouth on mine.

“Mm,” he mumbled, “You don’t know how long I’ve wanted this.”

“Me too,” I said, falling back on the bed.

We laughed, and he continued kissing me, moving from my mouth, to my chin, to my throat and back to my mouth.

I cannot believe I’m doing this, I thought.
♠ ♠ ♠
:)

like, don't like?
i really do not remember how i came up with this...but whatever.
comments are lovely :)