Ignorance is Bliss

o3.

“Dayum girl!” Chloe squealed in my ear. “That is too romantic. You two are going to be a couple…in…hmm…I’ll give it maybe a week before he asks you out. Seriously.”

“I don’t know…he’s kind of a player. Gorgeous. Perfect. Sweet. But a player.”

“Yeah, true, but I mean, you would still go out at least on a date if he asked right?”

“Duh!”

Chloe nodded approvingly. “Good. You deserve a nice guy. Well, maybe nice is the wrong term. You deserve to have some fun.”

“Yeah.” I nodded. “Yeah, I do.”

I smiled. The last relationship I’d had was freshman year…extremely messy. And it didn’t end well.

Shutting my locker, I hooked my arm in Chloe’s as we walked to sit down in our usual spot.

People still looked at me like I was a weirdo for hanging out with Chloe. Or rather Chloe hanging out with me. I knew I wasn’t as popular as her, or athletic, or, frankly, nearly as pretty, but it’s not like I had leprosy.

“Hey Chlo!” Ashley waved at her and blew her a kiss, her Burberry scarf slung around her neck, and her Prada miniskirt pulled up just high enough to see the bottom of her ass.

How lovely.

“Hey girl,” Chloe waved back at her, “Awesome party on Saturday.”

Ashley gushed. “Thanks! It was wasn’t it?”

Ashley’s eyes drifted over to me. “You came too, right?”

“Yeah,” I nodded. “It was pretty amazing,” I smiled at her.

“Your name….? Sorry, I’m like, totally blanking right now.”

“Janea.”

“Right! Cool. See you two later, peaceeeeeeeeee!”

I tried not to throw up.

“She’s so sweet,” Chloe smiled.

“Oh yeah. Totally.”

“Hey, was that sarcasm I sense?”

“Maybe, like, I don’t know! I’m totally blanking right now, like!” I mimicked Ashley.

Chloe smacked me. “You’re so mean.”

“Pft,” I stuck my tongue out at her.

As the bell rang, I slung my backpack over my shoulder, and chugged the remainder of my Starbucks. “Text me, hoe,” I poked Chloe, and headed to math. My favorite subject…ew.

“You know I will, beyotch,” she poked me back.

As my math teacher droned on, I texted Chloe and ate my chocolate chip muffin my mom made this morning.

As soon as the bell rung, I jumped up out of my seat.

If I timed if just right, I would pass Trent on the way to Chemistry. And if I was really lucky, I wouldn’t get stuck behind the tallest possible person in the entire school, and Trent would see me.

Bingo. I spotted him walking down the hallway right towards me.

My stomach knotted up, and I wimped out, yanking out my phone and pretending to text so I would avoid eye contact.

But as I passed him, I saw his feet stop, turn around, and start walking beside me.

He poked me.

“Hey.”

“Hey!” I smiled up at him.

“Whatsup?” he asked, staring at me.

Don’t hyperventilate, Jenea. BREATHE.

“Oh, nothing much. On my way to Creative Writing. You?”

Wow, so much for a creative response. That was way bland. Oh God, now he was going to think I was boring.

“Cool…well, I actually just wanted to tell you that, you know…Saturday…Saturday- it was fun. I’m glad you were there.”

I smiled.

“Me too.”

“It wasn’t…awkward or anything?”

“Oh, haha, of course not. I can’t really remember, but I think you’re a good kisser,” I joked.

He laughed.

“I try. So, it would be okay…if I called you tonight?”

HELL YES IT WOULD BE OKAY.

“Yeah, that would be cool.”

“Cool. Um, my class is this way,” he said, pointing in the opposite direction we were going.

“Oh, haha, okay, well I’ll talk to you tonight?”

“Yeah, definitely,” he grinned.

Score.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry I haven't posted in a little bit.

Not that anyone's reading.

:Sadface: