Status: Writers Block

Remembering Sunday

2.

It was the second Friday night of the month, which ment Jasey was coming to hang out tonight! I pulled into my driveway, and pulled the key out of the ignition excitedly. I rushed into the house calling out a “Hey dad!” and throwing my bags into a chair near the door. I hurried down the stairs to my basement bed room, slamming the door with out intention. Grabbing a towel and my bag of toiletries, I skittered into my en suite bathroom.
I stepped out of the shower in to the steam filled air and sighed.
‘If only I could always be this warm’ thinking sadly as I walked into my bed room and started to dig through one of my boxes of clothes looking for a comfy movie watching outfit.
glancing at the clock I realized I had about an hour to kill until the time that Jasey said she would be here. Walking back into the bathroom, glancing around, and saw my make-up scattered around the counter and decided to play around a little. 30 minuets later I had perfected the cat eye, eyeliner. I walked into the kitchen and took out a whole box of pop corn, and put every single bag in the microwave at once, and then started to dig around for a bowl. When I emerged with the biggest one we had I heard the doorbell ring.
‘Huh, that’s funny, she's never early...’ I thought peaking at the time on my phone.
I flung open the door, and to my surprise it wasn’t Jasey standing in front of my house. It was Alex’s best friend, Jack. Suddenly I could feel the color of red on my face.
“Oh, uh hey!” Jack said, “I didn’t know you lived on this street!”
“Uh yeah, we just moved here this summer,” I mumbled wishing to get this over with as soon as possible. There was no doubt in my mind that Jack would go and tell Alex about what I dork I was.
“Oh yeah, Alex told me that,” –‘Wait, Alex talks about me?’ – “anyways, Im having a party later tonight, and in case the music is too loud, or there is a kid passed out on your lawn, please come and complain to my family, not the police,”
I must have been smirking by the end of this speech because he hastily added,
“My parents are making me go door to door telling the neighbors this,”
‘No really?’ I thought. To him I said, “Alright, I’ll let my dad know, he’s big on calling the police on teenagers!” I said playfully.
“You know you could always come over if you wanted?”
‘Was he inviting me to his party? Would Alex be there? There is no way that I’m going after being caught looking like a cat…’ raced through my mind as a pearl white jetta pulled into my driveway.
“Um yeah maybe,” I answered distractedly.
“Okay, well I’ve gotta go let the rest of the neighborhood know about the hoodlums running amuck tonight,” he said
“Alright… see you at school,” I said as he took off towards the next house. I left the front door, and charged. Jasey must have been expecting this because she was standing to the side of her car watching me, not bothering to get her bag from the backseat.
“JASEY YOU MOTHER FUCKER!!!” I yelled as I leapt into her arms and hugged her with all my might. I thought I had heard a loud laugh coming from the direction that Jack went, but ignored it.
“Meow, sexy” she said regarding me.
“Ahahaha you know what I’m like when I get bored!” I replied opening her door and grabbing a bag.
“So what movies are we gonna watch?” she asked grabbing her other bag and slamming the trunk closed.
“Um I was thinking house of waxx and the ring?” I asked.
“Fuck yes!”
“Who was that guy I saw you talking to earlier?” she asked.
“Uh just this kid in my science class, apparently he lives down the street,” I said not wanting to go into detail.
“Oh…cool,”
An hour later we had our lair set up, blankets and pillows everywhere, the bowl of popcorn, bigger then our heads, situated in between us, as the movie played its horrifying horridness. At one of the most suspenseful moments in the movie the loud sound of music, and the vibrating thump of a bass filled the room. Both Jasey and I jumped higher then the house, popcorn flying everywhere.
“What the fuck was that?”
‘well now I’m screwed.’ I thought. I didn’t want to tell Jasey because I knew she would drag me to that stupid party, and make me talk to Alex.
“Uh you know that kid I was talking to earlier? Well I think he’s having a party…” I said.
“What?! There’s a party going down on this street and you didn’t tell me?! Why, there has to be a reason why!” she said. ‘Damnit! Shes to smart…’
“Uh the kid’s name is Jack, and he’s Alex – my hot lab partners – best friend…” I stated awkwardly.
“You stupid fuck! Thinking I wouldn’t find out!” she said standing up, pulling me with her, and rushing out of the living room, and down in the basement to my bedroom. She started to dig through my boxes pulling out various items of clothing and saying things like “Hey, this is mine!" Or "No, no that won’t do,” under her breath as she worked hard to assemble an outfit for the both of us. She materialized 15 minuets with one outfit in hand. Pushing me into the bathroom and returning to the boxes she said,
“If your not dressed in 15 minuets, I’m going to dress you myself!” she threatened. I looked down at the pile of clothes in my hands.
‘she knows me too well’ I thought looking at the arm warms she picked out. Jasey knew that I didn’t go anywhere without a pair of arm warmers, and that I never took them off if I wasn’t alone. For this, I got made fun of at my old school. People accused me of being ‘emo’ and I guess they were right, I mean the arm warmers were hiding the little white thin scars, and fresh scabs that everyone knew were there. It was never spoken about between us, but there was an understanding that we both knew that all would be well in the end. My father never noticed my lack of showing the skin on my arms, probably because he’s a guy, and almost never home. I finished getting dressed as Jasey swung the door open, getting ready to take charge. She nodded her head in approval once she noticed I was already dressed. I did the same looking over her outfit.
“Lets go!” she said linking her arm in mine, and pulling me back upstairs.
‘what fun this night will hold for me…’ I thought miserably as we made our way toward the sound of music.
♠ ♠ ♠
hum... i had somthing i wanted to say here....
anyways,
comment? subscribe? pwees?
oh yeah, and shout out!!!!
staceyspacey101!!!!
oh yeah, and if you press on the word outfit for each time it says it, you'll get a picture of the outfits XD enjoy!