Status: Each member has a week to update, so the updates should be in that barrier - steff.

We Set the Fire Around Your Lies

I'll Be There Just To Watch You Fall

Mia stopped, wiping the sweat off her head and breathing heavily. She ran over to the bleachers and rummaged through her duffle bag for her ice cold water bottle. She twisted the cap, and started to chug.

She looked to her left, to see Maria, stumbling in her heels in the sand, trying to make her way over. She cocked an eyebrow at her. Maria reached Mia, and brushed herself off a little. She smiled holding a pink envelope in her hand.

"To what do I owe this pleasure?" Mia asked sarcastically.

"I'd like to invite you to my sweet sixteen" Maria grinned. Mia looked down at the envelope.

"I'll pass" Mia said walking away.

"Wait!" Maria called after her. She turned back. "It'll be fabulous! There will be food, drinks, pretty dresses, me!"

"I think I have a competition that night anyways Maria" Mia lied.

"Well, if you don't, come" Maria said sticking the invitation in Mia's duffle bag and walking away. Mia sighed, and grabbed her bag going back into the school to shower and change.

x-x-x

Mia dropped her bag at the front door, and slid her shoes off, plopping down onto the couch.

"Mia!" her mother screamed. "You are never going to get into college if you just sit around all day! You need to be working harder!"

Mia rolled her eyes at her mother's comment. All she ever did was work, and yet, no one cared.

"You're such a loser. All you ever do is run, you don't work in school, your such a failure, I can't wait to see what your future is going to be like. Ha!" her sister sneered.

She went upstairs, changing and ran back down to go for a jog.

She started to run through the crisp summer air, not a thought in her mind. Her head was completely cleared, she closed her eyes and relaxed. Suddenly she tripped, and fell to the ground. She looked to see what it was. She'd collided with a huge rock. Tears spilled out of her eyes, and she looked down at her leg, in severe pain.

She heard footsteps getting louder by the second and looked up.

"Are you okay?" the boys asked. She shrugged. He bent down to her level, looking at her leg. His eyes widened. "Can you bend it?" he asked. Mia attempted to, and shook her head no. "We have to get you to a hospital"

"Thank you, uhm..."

"Jensen. And your Mia right?" he asked carrying her to his car. She just nodded, still in pain.

x-x-x

"Well, Ms. Stewart . I'm afraid your leg is broken" the doctor announced. Her eyes got wide.

"How long will I be out for?" she asked.

"About a month, a month and a half" the doctor responded.

"What? No. I'm a runner. A runner can't run with a broken leg. Especially for a month! Running is the only thing I have right now! I have a competition in 2 weeks! It takes me 3 weeks to get ready for one, and I'm only on my first" she yelled.

"I'm sorry Ms. Stewart" the doctor apologized leaving the room.

"I'm really sorry Mia" Jensen added.

"It's fine. Can we just leave please?" she frowned.

"Yeah" was all he said.
♠ ♠ ♠
So, this is my update. It's not to great. Thanks for reading!

Comment! Not just for me, but for all the great authors writing this story!