Apology Accepted

dix-sept

"Do you really think this is the best idea Oli?" I asked as we took a seat in a booth in the far corner of the coffee shop.

He nodded, passing me my coffee and bringing his cup to his lips, taking a swallow, "'E won't yell in 'ere."

"What if he doesn't even show up?"

Oli looked at me and flashed a grin, "'Ave faith, Doll. Audri's bringin' 'im down 'ere."

I rolled my eyes, "He didn't listen to her at dinner. What makes you think he'll do it today?"

"Sam, jus' relax." Oliver said, interlacing our fingers together and kissing the side of my head, "'Ve got it taken care of, alrigh'?"

I merely nodded, not even bothering to look up him as I dunked my marshmallows further into my cocoa, my heart raced every time the coffee shop bell rang, but I was too scared to look up.

Oliver had this wonderful idea to have Audri trick Tom into coming to the coffee shop to talk about mine and Oli's 'relationship'. Which, I found completely ridiculous. It's not like Tom is a fucking imbecile. He's an asshole, and doesn't have the best judgment, but he's not fucking dumb.

I don't think the way he treated me at dinner should be permitted to continue to happen, but he sure as hell didn't need Oli and me to sit down and explain to him like he was five years old that his big brother had met someone, and he loved her very, very much and she was going to be spending a lot of time around him.

As if that wasn't already painfully obvious. I'd already taken a week from school and winter break came right up behind it, meaning I wasn't due to attend anymore classes until at least the middle of January and I had nothing else better to do in Sheffield but hang around with Oli.

And if it wasn't already bad enough that Tom had caught his brother and me in the act of 'gettting it on', he'd also managed to snap a picture of it, which I still don't know was an accident or not. I'm embarrassed to be around Tom to say the least. He already had a major distaste for me, and I'm more than positive him seeing Oli on top of me didn't make it much better, and now I have to sit here as Oli talks to him about 'us'.

I was really starting to think about what exactly 'us' in Oli's eyes were. He'd said it so many times today, but I just couldn't understand what the fuck he was talking about. Were we dating? Are we dating? Did we ever break up? I just didn't understand what exactly our relationship was.

But, before I had time to ask Oli about it, or even think about it, that dreadful tink of the coffee shop bell rang again and I felt Oli nudge me in the side. I looked up momentarily to see Tom with his arm wrapped tightly around Audri's waist, standing with her at the coffee counter, pointing towards the menu.

"Oli," I groaned, "Do we really have to do this?"

"What's with yeh pussin' out Sam?"

"I'm not pussing out. I just think this is a bad idea."

"Do yeh trust meh Sam?"

I looked up at him, his hazel eyes green in the light, his face as innocent as an eight year old boy, and his lips twisted into a pout, displaying some type of hope, and it was right then that I decided I had to trust him. If I didn't, there was no point in us pursuing anything. Especially a relationship.

I nodded, "Yes Oli. I trust you."

"Then listen teh meh. Keep yeh're knickers on, alrigh'? Everythin' will be fine."

I rolled my eyes at him, pulling my hand from his and placing both hands around my mug and taking a drink, "I need a cigarette."

Oli stifled a laugh, placing his hand on my thigh and grinning at me, "I was wonderin' when yeh were gonna start worryin' 'bout that."

Only moments later, Tom and Audri came over to the booth. I kept my eyes focused solely on my cocoa as a blue t shirt became the background to my mug. Upon noticing the t shirt was boobless, my hands began to tremble slightly. As my face began to heat up, I moved my hands underneath the table and refused to remove my eyes from the handle of my coffee cup. No one said a word, only the sound of nervous swallowing was met with the shuffling of feet. Of course, today everyone in Sheffield decided to get their coffee to go, so there was no background noise to disguise the nervousness.

I heard a slight nudge, fabric against fabric, and an annoyed grumble; and I knew it didn't come from Oliver, mainly because he was so fucking close to me, I could practically hear the food moving around in his intestines.

"She ain't gonna bit yeh." I heard Audri say quietly.

I jammed the back of my shoe into the top of my other foot and bit my lip as I heard the air become tense. With irritation, embarrassment, and if it was possible, even more nervousness.

"Sam?"

My eyes froze on a black speck that was on the white handle of my cup as I heard my name come from not Audri's mouth or Oliver's for that matter. But Tom's. Oli's hand tensed up on my leg as I attempted to raise my head. I could practically hear the joints as they unbent themselves, one by one. I finally had my head up right, but I just couldn't force myself to bring my eyes towards Tom's. I was afraid my whole face would burst into flames, due to sheer mortification. So, much like a child, I turned my head and buried it against Oilver's jacket. I felt his arm leave my leg and wrap around my waist, doing his best to comfort me.

"Go ahead Tom," He spoke huskily, "She's listenin'."

Tom's voice trembled as he spoke, "'M not gonna sit 'ere an' preach teh yeh, but I realize the way I treated yeh was fucked. The things I said teh yeh were beyond rude. I was just bein' a prat."

I breathed against Oli slightly, my fingers tensing around the edge of the table. The clink of a spoon met the inside of a coffee mug, and a tap of someone's foot sounded hollow against the tile floor as I tried my hardest to man up and look at Tom.

Oli nudged my slightly, "Oi Sammeh."

I finally managed to look up and towards Tom's eyes, taking in how blue they were, I peeped out, "I forgive you."

"She speaks!" Audri laughed.

"'Allelujah!" Tom said jokingly.

I looked at the two of them and grinned sheepishly, then sat up and took another glance in Oliver's direction, some of my confidence flooding back as he grinned at me.

"Sorry," I paused, "Nerves. Tom, don't worry about it, okay?"

He nodded.

"I don't want you to feel like the world is going to end because we aren't best friends," I paused, "If that was true, the world would have burst into flames the very second you saw me."

I earned a few laughs and Oliver ran his hand up my side, sending shivers down my spine, "See Tommeh? Sam ain't bad. I told yeh."

The table fell quiet again as Tom looked over at Oliver. I couldn't exactly place his emotion. He almost looked irritated with Oliver, but then it seemed like he was extremely sorry. It was obvious to me after a few seconds that Tom and Oliver still weren't on speaking terms. Tom had apologized to me, but I'm more than positive him and Oli had some things they needed to discuss.

"Olleh? Can I talk teh yeh outside?"

Oli looked down at me, "All right?"

I shoved him softly, "Fine, go on."

Audri scooted out of the booth and smiled reassuringly at Tom, and I squeezed Oli's hand as he stood up. After Audri sat back down, I watched as Oliver and Tom walked awkwardly towards the door of the coffee shop.

"What's up with them?" I asked as the door shut.

Audri shrugged, "Tom only told me 'e was gonna apologize teh yeh."

"Do you think they're going to start talking again?" I asked, almost excitedly.

"'Opefully."

I watched as Audri looked past our booth and picked up her coffee, mindlessly sipping it. She set it down carefully and laid her hands out on the table, looking up at me.

"How long have you known Tom?" I blurted, doing my best to start conversation.

"We met at the beginnin' of secondary."

I nodded, "What? Like middle school?"

"Yeah. But we didn't start dating until this summer."

"Oh, so you guys are new, huh?" I smiled.

"Just 'bout as new as yeh and Olleh." She said, turning to face me.

I picked up my mug and took a drink, "Yeah, I guess so."

"So, are yeh gonna stay together this time?"

"What do you mean?"

"Like, are yeh gonna just stay 'ere in Sheffield 'er somethin'?"

"I honestly don't know. I don't even know if we're together."

"Are yeh jokin'?" She laughed, "Olleh wants teh be with yeh Sam, I think e's made that rather clear. Yeh wanna be with 'im, don't yeh?"

"Well of course I do, I just didn't know if..."

"Olleh doesn't validate things. Yeh just 'ave teh assume shit with 'im."

I smiled, "Yeah."

"Do yeh wanna?"

"Do I want to what?"

"Stay 'ere, with 'im."

I thought about it for a moment and nodded, "Well yeah. I mean, there's nothing for me back home. I have no friends, no life, nothing. Just Marsh and Marilyn. And it'd be rather pointless for me and Oli to chase each other all over the place if I'm not going to stay for a while."

"What 'bout yeh're school?"

"I'm off until January. So, I'm sure I can think of something before then."

"Think of somethin'?"

I shrugged, "I don't know. To be honest, I don't have much going for me right now. So moving here wouldn't be a huge deal."

"Wow," She said, setting her coffee down, "Yeh're bein' serious, aren't yeh?"

"What? Do you think it's a bad idea?"

"No, no. Not at all. I dunno. Yeh're really willin' teh trust Olleh like that?"

"Why wouldn't I?"

"I just 'aven't ever seen 'im treat a girl the way she should be treated." She paused, "I mean, e's shaped up right well since yeh've been 'ere. 'Opefully yeh're that change in his life, yeh know?"

I nodded, not exactly sure of what to say.

"Yeh just gotta 'ope it'll stay the same once the band starts gettin' noticed."

"Oli has a band?" I asked, completely bewildered.

She nodded, "'e didn't tell yeh about it?"

"Nope."

"Yeah, 'im, Matt, Curtis, Lee and Vegan all 'ave a band together."

"No Tom?"

She shook her head, grinning, "Toms' too busy toyin' with his camera teh even think 'bout bein' in a band."

"Well then," I smiled, "I wonder why Oli didn't tell me about it."

Again, the bell attached to the door jingled and this time, Oli and Tom came walking in, talking excitedly and grinning like morons. They both came and sat down, reclaiming their spots in the booth, broad grins dancing on their faces. Audri nudged Tom in the ribs and grinned.

"Yeh lot work it out?"

"yeah."

"I tell yeh, see Tom?" She smiled, "Yeh should listen teh meh more. 'M a smart bird."

Tom rolled his eyes at her, "Yeh ain't a smart bird. Yeh're just a tricky little bugger."

I looked up at Oliver, who was looking down at me with a huge grin mapped across his face, "Right well. Yeh ready teh go? I believe these kids 'ave class tomorrow."

I looked over at Tom and Audri, "You guys haven't got winter break yet?"

"It's our last week," Audri groaned, "Class is so pointless."

"It ain't pointless when yeh're payin' attention, Love." Tom grinned, standing up and holding his hand towards Audri, "Come on, I oughta get yeh 'ome."

I watched as she waved at Oliver and me before putting her hand in Tom's and standing up. The two of them walked slowly towards the entrance and both tried going out the door at the same time, Audri managing to stumble out first.

I laughed quietly as Tom reached out for her so she wouldn't fall, "Tom takes good care of her."

"Both of us Sykes lads know 'ow teh take care of their birds," He said lowly, tapping on my wrist and smiling at me, "Yeh stayin' the night again?"

"Are you sure your parents want me over there?"

Oli shrugged, "It ain't like we're gonna be doin' things we ain't supposed teh be. Come on now."

"Yeah," I nodded seriously, "Especially after we got caught last time."

Oli laughed loudly, taking a quick glance around the coffee shop before pulling a Polaroid out of his pocket. I looked down at it, my face growing red. He rolled it up in a ball, opened up his coffee cup and dropped it inside. He then stood up and tossed the cup in the garbage, looking down at me with a goofy grin on his face.

I smiled softly at Oliver as he dragged me out of the booth and I followed him to his car, and we drove to Matt's house, so I could grab some clean stuff.

As I grabbed my necessities, I overheard Oli talking about inviting over the guys, which consisted of boys with names similar to the ones Audri had mentioned earlier. I kept my racing heart and spinning thoughts to myself as I rejoined the two of them in the living room.

It was all so much since I'd been here. First Matt, then Oli, then Oli's family, then Tom, and now all of Oliver's friends? What if they decided they hated my guts as well? It was just another chance for me to embarrass myself, but they were Oli's friends, and if they were as nice as Matt, we'd have absolutely no issues.

After a hug and a playful guilt trip from Matt, Oliver and I were back in his car and on our way towards his house.

We surprised Ian and Carol by coming through the front door with Tom, who'd arrived just moments before we did, laughing and smiling. We ended up staying awake all night, eating food and sweets Oli's mom had cooked. I heard countless embarrassing stories about both Oliver and Tom, and the occasional one about Matt as well. We played about ten games of scrabble before we decided to move on to tiddlywinks.

It made me happy to be a part of something. I felt like I actually belonged there. You know, that feeling where you're with someone else's family and you're comfortable, but you know you don't really belong there? It was anything but that. I felt so right being around them, and I felt belonged. Numerous times throughout the night, Oli would tap me slightly on the knee and mouth the words, "I love you" making me feel even more at home with the whole family.

The night went well into one o'clock in the morning when Oliver finally looked over at me, his eyes just about as red and tired as mine and told his mom and dad we were ready for bed. Tom had already made his way upstairs a couple hours before, to get some sleep for class tomorrow. We all exchanged good nights and I followed Oli to his bedroom.

Too tired to shower or brush my teeth, I pulled off my jeans along with my t shirt and tossed them to the floor, pulling on a tank top and unhooking my bra, dropping it on the floor. I crawled into bed beside Oliver, cuddling up next to him and laying my head on his already bare chest, running my hand over his arm.

"Oli, how come you never told me you were in a band?"

He chuckled slightly, "Yeh never asked."

"I shouldn't have to," I argued playfully, "These are things you're supposed to tell me."

"Yeh never told meh yeh painted."

"I just started."

"That should 'ave been the very first thing yeh told meh."

"Fuck you," I laughed, "You're dumb."

"Yeah, yeah."

I pondered the thought for a moment, trying to picture Oli in a band. I couldn't see him banging on a set of drums or running around stage with something like a bass or a guitar strapped to him. Therefore, I came to the conclusion that he had to be the lead singer. He just looked like one. He had that thing about him, that just practically screamed lead singer. He attracted attention like crazy.

"You sing, don't you?" I asked.

Oliver played with the strap of my tank top, a grin behind his voice as he said, "No, I don't."

"Bull shit, yes you do."

He kissed the top of my head, "I promise yeh, I dont. Now go teh sleep, Love."
♠ ♠ ♠
You guys were seriously nine away from that early update! D: Anyways, thank you sooo much for the amazing comments.
I seriously feel like I owe you guys for all of this, so maybe when you drop a comment, let me know what I can do to say thank you for all the comments I get from you.
:D