Apology Accepted

dix-huit

I woke up to a slight prodding at my shoulder and shoved away Tom with one hand, rolling over and resting my head against Sam's shoulder.

"Olleh, yeh arse," Tom snapped, shoving me again, "'Ts Sam's mum."

"Sammeh," I mumbled, keeping my eyes closed as I tapped her shoulder, "Yer mum is on the phone."

"Shit," She groaned, sitting up and taking hold of the phone, and clearing her throat, "Hello?"

I opened my eyes and nestled my head in the crook of her neck, kissing her collarbone and then turned towards Tom, "Wha' time is it?"

"'Bout eight."

"What're yeh doin' up?"

"'Ve got school, Olleh."

I grinned, "Oi, yeh best be goin', huh?"

He nodded, rolling his eyes, "See yeh."

Once Tom left the room, I leaned against Sam who was doing her best to defend herself.

"I'm sorry I didn't call, it's been a bit crazy since I got here... Okay. Okay! Yeah... I don't know? Yes. I will thank Matt for keeping in touch with you... I know. If it wasn't for Matt, you'd be worried sick. I'm sorry! I... I don't know. I mean, I guess... Yes I know I can't just- Okay. I'll talk to you about this later. Love you too. Yeah, okay. Bye."

She clicked the phone off and set it on the night stand beside her, laying back down and resting her head on my shoulder, sighing loudly.

"All right?" I asked.

'What happens when I have to leave Oli?"

"I dunno," I said, running a hand over her stomach, "I don't like yeh askin' meh that."

"Well, I can't just drop out of college Oli." She snapped.

"I know yeh can't Sam."

"I don't even want to go home. I don't like being without you." She said, her breath cold on my skin, "It's fucking miserable."

"I don't like bein' without yeh either, Love. But 'm sure we'll figure somethin' out, aye?"

She placed her hand on top of mine and filled the spaces between my fingers with her's, "I'm glad you and Tom are getting along. It was really nice, spending time with you and your family last night."

"Now all yeh gotta do is meet the lads."

"The lads huh?" She grinned, "Are they in this band of yours?"

I rolled my eyes and looked down at her, "What's with yeh and all this band business. Did Audri tell yeh 'bout it?"

"Yes she did. And I'd really like it if you would at least play one song for me."

"I dunno if yeh'd like it Sam."

"I'm sure I will," She said curling closer to me, "I highly doubt there's a reason not to."

"Yeh're talkin' like we're gonna play fer yeh." I laughed.

"You are."

With that, she pulled the blanket up and over us, covering our bodies and kissing my side, closing her eyes. I shook my head, grinning to myself as I placed my free hand on Sam's head and closed my eyes. I knew the band thing would have come up eventually, but I'd have to get everyone over before we played for Sam.

Our recordings were shit, and I wanted Sam to meet everyone anyways. As I thought about this further, I managed to fall asleep beside Sam, who had already passed out and was breathing softly.

--------------------------------

I sat up quickly, hearing loud noises coming from the direction of my front door. I untangled myself from Sam, doing my best not to wake her up. I grabbed a pair of jeans at the bottom of my bed, voiding grabbing a shirt as the banging increased and quietly opened my bedroom door, stepping out into the hallway. I shut the door behind me and made my way towards the front door where the banging had finally ceased.

I grabbed the knob and twisted it angrily, but completely lost any shard of irritation as I pulled the door open to reveal Matt, Curtis, Lee, and Vegan grinning like twats.

"Wha' in God's name are all of yeh doin' 'ere?" I asked, opening the door further as they all came in.

Matt made himself a spot on the couch while Lee and Curtis argued over the plush chair and Vegan grabbed a stool from the kitchen, planting his arse on it.

"I was 'ere first!" Lee grunted, shoving Curtis, "Get yer arse outta meh face!"

Curtis grinned, attempting to sit down once more, "I'll fart on yeh, Lee."

"Jesus yeh guys. 'Ush up, will yeh? Sam's sleepin'."

Lee and Curtis looked over at Matt, then at me, their smiles widening, and they stopped arguing. Curtis sat down on the floor as I blocked out the cold morning air with my front door. I crossed my arms over my bare chest, still a bit chilled as I walked into the living room and sat down next to Matt.

"So, what're the lot of yeh doin' 'ere?"

"What?" Kean asked, "We ain't allowed teh vist?"

"I don't mind yeh visitin'," I said, "But all four of yeh never show up together, all at once, unless we're gettin' pissed 'er practicin' an' yeh're all to lazy teh practice, an' I ain't drinkin', so what's the deal?"

"Tell 'im." Lee grinned.

"Yeah Vegan!" Curtis laughed, clapping his hands together, "Tell 'im!"

"Tell meh wha'?"

I looked over at Matt, who was grinning like a little boy who'd just won eight candy bars in a pie eating contest or something, "We got a gig, Ols. We're playin' a show. In front of people."

I grinned, "No fuckin' way."

"Yeah mate."

"Well, when the 'ell are we doin' this?"

"In a couple days. We gotta start practicin', like really doin' it." Vegan said from the corner.

"Righ' now?" I asked, my stomach sinking, "I mean, Sam's sleepin'. We can't just start jammin' around."

"Well, go wake 'er up. I'll bet she'd kill teh see yeh play, Ols." Matt grinned.

I scratched the back of my neck, "Oi. I dunno."

"Oi, yeh ain't embarrassed, are yeh?" Curtis asked, "Aren't we ever gonna get teh meet this bird? 'M feelin' left out mate, Matt got teh meet 'er."

"Well yeah. I mean, no. I ain't embarrassed, and yeah yeh lot can meet Sam. I ain't hidin' 'er."

I felt bad lying to my mates, but I just felt awkward showing Sam our band. It wasn't as if I thought she'd make fun of me or something, I just didn't know if it was a side of me I wanted to show Sam. Most birds like boys with their sing song voices and their acoustic guitars, singing cute little love songs. Girls like to be sung to sleep. But I'm not like that. I don't sing love songs, and my lyrics are far from anything remotely close to cute. I scream. I make noise. I can't play an instrument. I hardly consider myself talented, and I'm afraid Sam might think the same thing when she sees that Matt has more talent in one of his ball hairs than I do in my whole body.

"Right well," Matt smirked at me, making sure I was aware he could see right through my lie, "The show is Saturday. So, we really gotta practice. What songs do yeh think should be in the line up?"

"'Ow about Traitors Never Play 'angman?" I offered, "I think we're all proper at that one."

"What 'bout Braille? We 'aven't practiced much, but 'm sure we can get it figured out." Lee said.

"Yeah, I think we could do that. 'Ow much time we get onstage?" I asked, looking towards Matt.

A confused expression came over his face as he started mouthing numbers and counting on his fingers. I grinned at him and turned towards Curtis and Lee who were laughing at him quietly while Kean sat in the corner with an amused expression on his face.

Everyone's ears perked up at the sound of my bedroom door opening and a pair of feet padding across the hard wood floor, "Oli?" Sam asked tiredly, her voice drifting into the living room, "Where are y- Oh!"

I looked over at her, dressed in her tank top and a pair of sweats, her hair pulled into probably the smallest pony tail I've seen, sticking out of the back of her head like a rabbit's tail. I watched in slight amusement as her cheeks turned a light pink and her tired eyes popped open as she surveyed the room and smiled softly at Matt.

"'Ey Love," I said, motioning for her to come sit next to me, "These are meh mates. That's Curtis, Lee, and Vegan."

She came over and sat down, fitting awkwardly between me and the arm of the couch. She ran a nervous hand down her arm and smiled, "Hi guys."

I wrapped an arm around her and whispered quietly against her hair, "Yer glad yeh put some pants on, aren't yeh?"

She laughed and nodded, "Yeah, I am. You didn't tell me you were having people over!"

"Sorry if we woke yeh up," Curtis said sheepishly, "Lee decided to be a prick and steal meh chair."

"Oh no! You guys didn't wake me up," She smiled, "Oli, your room is fucking freezing, you know that?"

I rolled my eyes at her, "I dunno 'ow that 'appened. Yeh 'ad all the damn covers."

"I did not!"

"Yes yeh did."

"Whatever," She grinned, "I did not. Anyways, what were you guys doing before I interrupted?"

"Righ'!" Matt said, snapping his head towards us, "We've got 'bout twenty minutes up there, so we'll play 'bout four songs. Five if we're lucky."

"Songs?" Sam asked excitedly, jumping next to me, "You're gonna play? Where?!"

"Oi, calm down there lass." Matt chuckled.

"What're yeh gettin' all excited 'bout?" Lee grinned.

"I want to see you guys play!" She practically shrieked and then became quiet again, "Oli never told me he was in a band and Audri told me, and now I'm dying to see you play! Are all of you guys in the band?"

They all nodded as Curtis said, "Yes ma'am we are!"

I smiled at Sam who seemed to become less nervous around them. Her grin was widening as she became even more excited about the whole ordeal. I was surprised she actually came out and sat down, and talked to everyone. I figured her shy side might get the best of her, but it didn't. It was weird, seeing her with everyone. I mean, I’d spent multiple amounts of time with just Sam, and I’d spent tons of time with the guys, but I’d never spent time with all of them together, and it just felt strange.

I watched her interact with everyone, laughing and talking, her face all smiles, like she had known them just as long as I had. It was incredible to see her so happy, so comfortable around my mates. As we pulled out Jenga and started setting up the blocks, I became aware that her smile was permanently stuck on her face.

Her face became tense as she eyed the blocks every time someone pulled one from the stack and she even squealed excitedly before busting out in a fit of laughter as the blocks clattered against the floor and slid under the couch.

All the while, I was still worried about having to play in front of her. It was horrid of me to think that someone as happy as Sam, who just wanted to be with me, would be turned away by the type of music I played.

But I just couldn't help it. I put everything into the band that I could. I never held back when it came to the way I wrote the lyrics I wrote, and I never held back when it came to screaming my guts out. I was raw and wide open when it came to playing my music, and I was just afraid that Sam would be the one who would see through all of that and see my insecurities.

Which really scared me.
♠ ♠ ♠
Your guy's effort to comment last time really sucked my left nut. Anyways. I made a deal with Carrie we'd both update on the same day, which is why this is here. And which is also why you should go read this
I can't believe we're already 18 chapters into this! It's making me so sad.
Okay, now I'd really like it if more comments would be tossed my way. :D I like 'em.