Can I Love Someone Older?

I Think I Better Introduce Myself...

I walk back, holding Sarah bridle style back to her room, she looked so peaceful, and I didn’t want to let her go, and from the looks of how she was holding onto my shirt like a life line, I didn’t think she wanted me to either. I walk into her room, her parents had left to go find her, and I didn’t know how to contact them to, so I just let it go, as I make my way to Sarah’s bed to place her down.

She has a strong grip, and it took a bit to get her to let go, but as soon as she did, she gripped the sheets instead. I moved and sat in my chair, and sat down, watching her sleep peacefully. I quietly moved my chair slower to her bed, and slowly ran a hand along her cheek. She smiled in her sleep, and I smiled at how happy she looked. I felt sorry for Sarah, her parents acting different just so they could keep her. She had looked so scared; I was worried that she might hurt herself. I quickly move my hand as a hear footsteps coming.

Sarah’s mother walks in, looking the same as when I last saw her. Top showing half her breast, and a skirt that stopped way to short, she looked drunk, and from the way she was walking it made it more noticeable. She looked at Sarah with disgust, and then looked at me, a new spark in her eyes. “Well hello handsome” I avoided eye contact, and looked past her towards Sarah. “Hello, Mrs. Thomas, my names Brendan Wayland” my voice was empty, and I didn’t need to look at Sarah’s mothers face to see that she was disappointed with my response to her fail, at trying to seduce me.

“look boy, I thank you and all for saying the brats life, but she’s asleep, why don’t we have some fun” I got up and moved to the other side of Sarah’s bed, continuing to look at her, “my names Brendan, I don’t really like you Mrs. Thomas, and for your information, I’m seeing someone” I heard her storm out the room, and I laughed to myself.

I look up and out the window, to see that the sun has almost completely set. I loved watching it, the colours blend into each other as they change into darker shades, and the sun disappears, as the moon takes its place. The sky was dark and the stars lit up the sky, as the moon rose making the sky look even more unimaginable. There was a slight summer breeze, but it wasn’t too cold or hot. I turn as I hear Sarah’s father walk in, he looked so sad. I moved back to looking out the window.

“Thank you” I turn and smile at the man, “It’s alright” he looked up from Sarah and smiled a very small smile at me in return. “I mean it, you saved my baby girl, and I don’t know what I would do without her” he sounded so lost, I almost had a new respect for the man, but like I said, almost. I heard him sit in the chair beside her bed, and I looked to see him holding her hand. “I’m sorry baby girl, I didn’t mean for all this to happen” I don’t think he realized that I was listening, but I wasn’t going to stop him, I wanted to find out, even if I was listening to his conversation with his daughter.

“I’m so sorry Sarah, I shouldn’t have let this happen, I should have done more, instead of just bowing down, and letting your mother take you away, you don’t need to be around that stuff she does, and I know about everything that’s going on, I know about the fights at school, I know that your grades only improve but you getting worse, I know that you haven’t been sleeping, I know that you’ve been taking pills just to get to sleep, doping up, I know about your eating habit, I know about everything, and starting now, I’m going to start fighting for you to get better, because if you keep going on like this, baby girl, you’re going to end up killing yourself, from the inside out” he squeezed her hand and kissed it before leaving but said one last thing, “if I’m correct, my baby girl loves you, but then again, I don’t really know what goes on in her teenaged head anymore, everything is locked up, but if I am right, I would like you to help her, please”

He left, my eyes wide and looking between the door frame, were Sarah’s father once was, and Sarah’s sleeping form. I slowly close my eyes, and breath, in and out, I tell myself. I soon open my eyes, and look at Sarah, her sleeping face, facing me. She had some drool running down from the corner of her lips, and I laugh lightly at the scene. Maybe I will stick around, and see who this fall into place.