Can I Love Someone Older?

Now What...

’Brendan…I can’t” it echoed through my mind like a broken record. I was lying on my bed, after spending hour upon hour looking, searching for Sarah I still came up with nothing, and headed home. All I could think about was Sarah saying I can’t over and over again, and again in my head. It wouldn’t stop. I tried to build up the courage to ring Sarah’s father, and tell him what had happened, but I knew it was futile, he’d only yell, and curse before calling the police…my father, and order a restraining order.

I turned my head; so I was looking at a picture of my father and me. He had taken some time off to spend time with us, as a family, but nothing went as planned. The end resulted in him burying himself in work, only saying hello, and ending sentences in one word such as yes, or no. I was sad that it ended like that, I mean, I loved him he was my father, and I looked up to him...but now it was just sad, watching him walk around the house like the living dead, it hurt.

I sat up, and stared at the ground. I didn’t know what to do, apart from try and find Sarah, but I knew that wouldn’t work; she’s probably gone into hiding. I laughed lightly at thinking Sarah was hiding somewhere, it was probably the easiest place to find someone, but she knew nobody would look. I started to think, but was interrupted by my sisters yelling. I didn’t listen, I just heard, and soon it was over, followed by a bang, of a door slamming and my sister crying. I started to count to ten in my head, waiting for my sister to say my name. By the time I reached one, my name was being said over and over again.

I walk to my bedroom door, and open it revealing my sister in tears. I look at her, before her blood shot eyes meet mine, and I hug her. I hated seeing my sister like this, beating herself up, but I couldn’t do much about it but comfort her when needed. I wasn’t going to be like my parents and lecture her on the right and wrongs of society; I wasn’t going to tell her she was not perfect. I would do what normal brothers do, I’d tell her that truth, and comfort her, and look after her when she was sick. I wasn’t going to force her into anything, but I wasn’t going to stop her from what she wanted to do either.

I sigh and soon my sister is asleep. I pick her up and carry her to her bed, and place her down. I look at her one last time from her door way, before walking out and shutting the door. I sigh and run my hand through my red hair, while trying to rid myself of thoughts of Sarah. I didn’t mind thinking about her, but right now, was not the best of times. I make a quick detour to my room, and grab some fresh clothes, before going and having a long hot shower.

Feeling the hot water beat against my skin was hypnotizing, and if it hadn’t been for my mother yelling for me, I would have stayed there. I turned the water off, and quickly got changed into a hoddie and track pants, and made my way out and to the kitchen of my house. I took my time until my mother, yelled for me, and I quickened my pace, not wanting to anger my mother further.

I quickly entered the room, and saw my mother holding the house phone in her hand. I looked at her curiously, and waited for her to speak, while studying her. She was wearing her brightly coloured blue apron, but it was covered in flour, and I couldn’t help but laugh at that. Her hair was up in a bun, and her white clothes were the same as usual. She started tapping her foot, and I sighed; she was waiting for me to ask what she wanted. “Yes?” she smiled a sweet, but devilish smile, “Brendan, you have a call” she handed me the phone, and with one last suspicious look, I headed back to my room, and then answered the phone call.

“Hello, who is this?” I waited for answer, and the voice that I heard shocked me to no end. “Brendan, its Sarah’s father” I waited several minutes before answering. “Hello, Mr. Thomas, what can I do for you?” I tried to sound humble, as I answered. “Brendan, we can’t find Sarah” that was all I needed to hear, for everything to explode.
♠ ♠ ♠
sorry ^^
but please comment and enjoy ^^