Can I Love Someone Older?

Sarah...?

After being called by Mr. Thomas, I didn’t know what to do. I could still hear the voice on the other end of the phone, but I wasn’t really paying attention. What if something has happened? What is she got hurt? Or kidnapped? Or something else? I shook my head to clear it, and tried to concentrate.

The last thing I knew was that he was coming to get me. It was unnerving that Sarah’s father was coming to my own house, but I couldn’t think to far into it, I was more worried about Sarah. I grabbed a few things and made a quick call, to tell Mr. Thomas where I could be found then left the house.

I didn’t know when I got to Mr. Thomas’s house but when I did get there, I was surprised to say the least. The house was old fashioned, but looked like it had just been built. I was stunned to a point where I was hypnotized by the place. I was knocked back into reality when Mr. Thomas yelled for me to follow inside his home.

After a while of searching, and talking, arguing and discussing, we called it quits for the night, not really realizing when the sun had gone down. Mr. Thomas had gladly shown me a spare room, and I made it my room for the upcoming night, that I would be spending at Mr. Thomas’s house. I had made a quick call to my parents, explaining that I was with Mr. Thomas for the night, if not few nights if I’m not home by tomorrow, but my father already knew the situation, and didn’t say much but “I’ll let you mother know” i was a little upset, because he would hardly talk to me, but he was probably busy so I didn’t complain.

As I laid in the guest room, on the bed, I couldn’t help but think about everything that had happened. Now that I had time to think, things finally seemed clearer. I remember Sarah saying she can’t but, though I was sad, I was more curious. Why did she say no? Was there someone else? Was there something stopping her? I wouldn’t know until we found her and, right now, I wasn’t sure if we will ever find her.

I kept glancing at my phone, only to end up hitting myself in the forehead because Sarah wouldn’t call me. I sighed and closed my eyes, hoping that some form of sleep would take me...but having a racing mind, didn’t help make that possible.

I heard a knock on the closed door, and got up to answer it. I was slightly shocked to see Mr. Thomas with a small smile on his face, and some colour returned, instead of the pail white colour he was before. I moved and motioned for him to step inside the room I was occupying, which he did. “Brendan, Sarah has been found” he sounded almost, saddened by the news, but for some reason even I could tell that there was a ‘but’ at the end of the sentence.

I saw Mr. Thomas pull out a phone that was still on during a call. I gave him a questioning look, but with one last gesture to the phone, I took it and he left the room, shutting the door behind him. I sighed and turned to sit on the bed that was in the room, and readied myself to answer the phone, but just before I get to ask who it is and tell them who I am, a voice on the other end beats me to it.

“Hello, is this Brendan Wayland?” I was almost in shock at hearing this person say my name, but then again Mr. Thomas had the phone before me, so that’s probably who they knew my name. “Yes this is Brendan; may I ask who is speaking?” I hear a few breaths, and a mumble of words then steps, and soon I heard the voice reply. “Brendan, I’m Sarah’s grandmother, Elena was it you who saw Sarah last?” I blinked curiously, and pondered whether or not I should answer, but did so anyway. “Yes, Elena I was the last one to see Sarah...before she ran off” I heard a sigh, and I knew from just that, that she head the sadness in my voice.

“I see, Brendan where are you right this instant?” she sounded breathless, and I answered hesitantly, I knew that much but I did answer her. “Good I’ll be bringing Sarah to her father’s soon you must do something for me, please give her another chance” my eyes widened at hearing another chance, I remembered everything, the whole incident where I found Sarah, everything. I laid down on the bed, and waited to hear more from Elena. “Brendan, Sarah’s scared, it’s not that she can’t or anything, it’s just that she’s scared, please just...give her another chance” she was begging, and rushing like she was in a hurry. I could hear a car door slam shut and a car start, and then I hear a voice. “Brendan, I’m bring her to where you are, and if anything please listen to her, before saying anything...thank you and goodbye”

The call was ended, and I went to give the phone back to Mr. Thomas, only to find a note saying he’d be back later. I sighed and set the phone down in the lounge and headed back to the room I was occupying minutes ago. Once there I sat on the bed, only to soon lie down and think about everything happening so far, but that didn’t seem to happen for long as I fell asleep, only to hear a faint yell of my name, before letting sleep take over.
♠ ♠ ♠
*scratches head* sorry it took soooo long
i didn't mean it
...PLEASE DON'T HATE ME...

please enjoy and comment

and um...i don't want to do this...but um
the next chapter wont be published if i dnt get atleast 3 comments
im sorry but i would love to know what you think of this