Can I Love Someone Older?

Epilogue: The Ending

I’d said it…
She said it…
“I can’t do it”
She couldn’t do it

Friday. Boring. Annoying. Hey look there goes a bird. I was sitting out the front of the school, which had just finished. The day was boring, and nothing really seemed to be entertaining me, which was a totally bummer. I needed something to do because watching families leave with there children from the kindergarten from the back, wasn’t really the best thing to watch.

I heard the ring of my phone. It wasn’t anyone important, just Brendan. I sigh n whip a stray tear from my face as it slowly but never makes its way down my face. It had been at least a week or so since I last saw him and I really couldn’t care less. I stood up as I see my mother and father come out of my school, both arguing again over where I’m going to live. I sighed again and silently followed. In my mothers hand I could see the form that was sent out to tell the families about the school dance that was going to be held tonight for all the years. I really didn’t want to go, as it was only just another school event nothing really fun or exciting.

My mother turns to me, I looked up smiling, (lie) and wait for her to say the dreaded words I knew were coming. “You’re going to the school dance, no if buts, what-so-evers” I nod, wait for her to turn and silently swear under my breath. When I look up I could see the smirk in my father’s eyes and I automatically knew he was planning something.

(Hours pass)

I was standing staring at a mirror. My mother had done my hair up in this…strange style and I really only wanted my hair down. She had dressed me up in this frilly pink dress, and I was having trouble stopping myself from throwing up, I mean who wants to wear pink. I could hear my father in the kitchen, and I knew from the noise that the chicken had exploded…again.

--------------------------------------------

I got the phone call not to long ago. Mr. Thomas had been in contact with me, since he found Sarah curled up on the couch tears dried on her face. I left before he woke her up I didn’t want to make her feel worse than she already was.

I knew why she was so sad. I had heard everything that she had said, and it had broken my heart to hear it but from what I had seen when she was asleep I knew there was more to the story.

I was putting a suit that my father had brought for me to wear to the event at school. I really hadn’t planned on going but, Mr. Thomas had called so now I was going.

The plan was simple, surprise Sarah and turn on the charm, or so Mr. Thomas had said. It sounded so much simpler on the phone, but now…I wasn’t so sure.

-------------------------------------

I told mum I would walk to the school, and after some very violent arguing I had won. I was now walking to the stupid dance at the school, and I was heading into a secret place, known only to me to change out of the ridiculous outfit my mother had picked out and forced me to put on.

I quickly got changed into some skinny jeans and a plan blue singlet and all stars high tops. With a quick shake of my head my hair was down and straight, no curls or any of that weird girly stuff.

I got back onto the path and continued onto school. This night was going to be a totally bore.

-------------------------------------------

My father had dropped me off at the school so I had plenty of time to convince myself this was a good idea, but I still knew it wasn’t. I waited and the music started to play, people started dancing and I went and sat near the entrance so I could be the first to see Sarah. Then out of nowhere Sarah walks through.

-------------------------------------------

I made it to the school and I quickly walk in the doors ignoring the laughs I hear behind me for coming alone, (it was a school dance not a blood prom, we ain’t American) I look around feeling my hopes rise as I unconsciously look for any sign of Brendan.

“Didn’t think you would come Sarah” I feel shivers go down my back and I automatically cover them up, and answer the man behind me. “Didn’t really have a choice, it was the old woman’s idea not mine” I smile at my choice of words, proud that I didn’t get hit in the back of the head for insulting my mother again. “Sarah I don’t think you should insult your mother” Brendan walks in front of me a slight frown in place, but there was some amusement hidden there to.

“Well hello to you to handsome” the compliment slipped out and I can already see the smirk forming on his lips as I look him up and down, (containing the drool was really hard). “Like what you see?” I heard the amusement in the comment but I didn’t care, Brendan really looked hot, like smoking hot.

I was brought back to reality when I felt something wet on my lips. My eyes widened for a short period of time then close, at remembering the feeling of Brendan kissing me. My arms automatically moved around his neck and I forgot that the room was full of people. I felt his arms wrap around me, and I pulled down on his neck. I soon heard wolf calls and I quickly pulled away blushing like mad.

I heard Brendan laugh lightly at me blush and I couldn’t help but smile. “Well I believe you owe me Sarah” I looked at him puzzled and I soon realized he meant he wanted to dance. I smiled and let him lead me to the floor to dance. The DJ, who I had no idea was, put a slow song on and all the other couples joined in with the slow dance.

The night, well it wasn’t a total bore, it was more…magical and exciting. I’d have to say I was happy that night, not all gloom and doom like usually.
Its surprises me but after everything I’m now dating Brendan, but it didn’t really last long, I went and moved away with my father, travelled for a bit.
we’re still see each other and we hooked up a few times to, but other wise everything is the same as it used to be…just with a few extra benefits
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you to everyone who has read this story from start to finish
and thank you to those who commented, I'm sorry to say but this is the end of the story
please read some of my other stuff
it would be greatly appreciated
thank you enjoy and please comment