Status: finished.

The Blooming Wallflower

The Blooming Wallflower

Barcelona, Spain. Romantic and magical. Two young people learned that one night. Paul Kevin Jonas II walked the dark streets, he was taking a break from being the oldest Jonas Brother tonight. Celena Renenee Marie Bales was sitting on an apartment stoop, taking pictures of night-time Barcelona. Click! She snapped the crescent moon through the trees.

"That will come out perfectly," Celena jumped when someone broke the still silence. Celena turned toward the speaker. In the light of the streetlamp, she saw his brunette curls and his brown eyes. She knew it was Kevin Jonas, who was there with his brothers on their European tour. "Thanks," she stuttered.

"May I join you?" He asked, pointing to the space beside Celena. She nodded, and Kevin took a seat next to her. "Spain is so beautiful," he commented, "I can see why you're taking pictures here." Celena listened as Kevin told her, a perfect stranger, about his passions and the other Jonases.

Then she told him about her life. "I'm always a wallflower, no one sees me! I wish I was a risk taker. You know, buy something that empties my bank account! Face fears! That kind of stuff" Celena poured out her soul to Kevin.

"Is being kissed by a cute guy under the stars another risk you've wanted to take?" Kevin asked.

"Yeah."

Kevin leaned over to Celena, and whispered in her ear, "You may be a wallflower that no one sees, but right now, I can see you as bright as day." Their lips touched. Shocks went through Kevin and Celena's bodies.

The two looked to the sky, when Kevin's phone started ringing. Looking at the text he had just got, he said somberly, "I gotta go."

"No, I'll miss you," Celena cried as tears started falling from her eyes, she didn't want this beautiful moment to end. Kevin wrapped his arms around Celena, and embraced her. "I'll never forget you Celena," he whispered to her. She watched him walk away into the dark night.

Celena spent a few more days in Barcelona, then she had to go back home to America. When Celena stepped off the plane, she was tackle/hugged by her two best friends, Kelsey Carey and Bekah Blair. The Three Mousekateers, as the buddies were called for their love of Disney, spent the whole week shopping, going to the movies, and hanging out.

About a month after Celena came home from Spain, the three were at Kelsey's house watching MTV. They were watching the Jonas Brothers newest music video. The song was written by Kevin, and it was called The Blooming Wallflower. This didn't strike Celena as odd, it could have been about Danielle, Kevin's ex. Some of the lyrics talked about a girl and them learning all about each other. It was at the end that made Celena almost choke on the gummy bear she was eating. "Isn't that you Cel?" Bekah asked. On-screen there were two pictures. One was the picture of the moon through the trees, the other was of Celena that Kevin must have secretly took when she was looking at the stars. Next, words crossed the screen as a tear of joy slid down Celena's cheek when she read them, You may be a wallflower that no one sees, but right now, I see you as bright as day.
♠ ♠ ♠
so this won first place in the second contest (Summer Lovin') and thus I recieved this AWESOME one-shot of Jack Barkat...

~Pretty Lady