So Vindictive.

I Make Believe, That I Impress;

Alex had stayed true to his word. He didn't come back. It was almost like he vanished off the face of the earth. He didn't call; anyone. His mother tried to contact him day in and day out, but his phone was off. He forgot his charger. It was sitting on the kitchen counter top.

For all I know? He could be dead.

"Jamie, try calling him!" My mom nagged.
"HIS PHONE IS OFF!" I shouted.
"Try again!" She exclaimed, walking out of the kitchen.

The Gaskarth's were over at the apartment, along with my parents. They were coming here every day since Alex had left. Making my life a living hell, for twenty three days. He had almost been gone for a month.

"He's probably staying at a hotel." I muttered, walking into the livingroom.

Mrs. Gaskarth gasped, standing up quickly. She pulled out her cellphone and began to frantcially look through the contacts.

After Alex left, Jack soon heard the news. He told me everything that had happened. The fight. I was mostly pissed that he told Alex. I thought he would put it behind him. I guess not.

I had something to tell Alex. It ached in my heart. I wanted him to know, that I loved him. Jack was just a realization that Alex was trying to change for me. He loved me. Now I feel like I'm doing everything on my own.

I didn't realize how much I had missed him until he was actually gone. I didn't wake up every morning, preparing myself to spark a converstation with him, but no matter how many times I tried, I couldn't. I felt nervous. I felt like I was going to say the wrong thing.

It took me nearly a week after Alex told me he loved me, for it to kick in. I felt the same way. I just had a hard time expressing my feelings. He nerve wracked me to no end.

I looked up at my parents who were calling all the band mates, asking if they had gotten ahold of him.

"Alright, call me soon. Bye honey." Mrs. Gaskarth said, throwing her cellphone.

I pulled out my cellphone and looked through my contacts, landing on Alex's name. I let my finger linger there for a minute, contemplating on whether or not I wanted to set myself up for rejection.

I pressed the number and put the phone up to my ear. My mouth dropped open. It was actually ringing.

"Guys!" I said quickly. "It's ringing!" I smiled.

They all instantly quieted down. It went to the voicemail, but it said something different.

Stop trying to look for me. I'm not far from home. I'm safe. Don't worry. I'll be back in time for tour, which is about a month and a half away. I just need to calm down. Later.

Tears brimmed my eyes. The beep indicated that I was recording a voice mail.

"Alex, please come home. I miss you. I'm so sorry." I sobbed.
♠ ♠ ♠
ugh.
fillers suck to write. but it's got to be done.

i've been watching the movie speak, and reading the book. i'm obsessed. so, if this chapter was a little depressing to you, it's probably because of that.

sorry for taking so long to update. :/