So Vindictive.

I Would Never Let Another Day Go By;

I woke up in a bright white room. I let my eyes adjust to the lighting. I scooted myself up in the bed, finding it hard to use my arms. They felt numb. I got adjusted and looked around, finding a room full of people staring at me in bewilderment.

"She's awake!" Someone exclaimed, startling me.
"Where's Alex?" I asked, my voice croaked.

No one answered me. I jumped up out of the hospital bed, tearing the cords off my body and the IV out of my arm.

"I need to see him right now!" I exclaimed, looking at them. Jack, Rian, Zack, My mom, My dad, Alex's Mom were all staring back at me.

"Baby, I'm right here." I heard his voice. I spun around, seeing him slumped over in the chair next to my bed. My lower jaw dropped open, tears welled in my eyes. I could feel my heart rate speed up, it was thumping in my chest.

I ran over to him, jumping into his lap. I wrapped my arms around his neck, ignoring the pain that was shooting throughout my body. I kissed him on the lips numerous times, excited to see him. I thought I was never going to be able to hear his voice again. I hugged him tightly. I was afraid to let ago. I thought he was going to float away if I did.

"Jamie, can you loosen up a bit? You're hurting my neck." Alex laughed.
"No." I said bluntly, crying into his shoulder.

I was so happy to see him. I was over joyed. Alex wrapped his arms around me, hugging me just as tight. He kissed my cheek, smiling into the kiss. Which made me sob more. These were the things that I missed.

"I missed you so much, Alex." I sighed, calming myself down.
"I can tell." He let a lopsided grin come across his lips.

I hit him in the shoulder playfully.

"I'm kidding. I missed you too, Jamie." Alex nodded softly. "I thought I lost you." He admitted.

"Jamie, get back in the bed. You're not well enough to get out of it." My mother said sternly.

I turned to her, glaring at her.

"Stop." I said simply.
"It's a big love fest." Jack grinned.

The boys got up and walked over to me. They all wrapped me into a hug, holding me as if I was going to break if they squeezed too hard.

"I'm glad you're okay." Jack told me, resting his hand on my shoulder.
"Me too." Rian and Zack agreed.
"Me too." I joked, grinning.
"Well, we know she's herself." Alex said, rubbing my back.
"I'm ready to go home." I smiled.
"That's not possible. The doctor tackled me when I said that for the first time." Alex joked.
"How long have I been in that bed?" I asked, raising my eyebrow.
"A week." My mother informed me.

My eyes widened. I didn't know what to say. I knew for the most part my parents were disappointed in me. I was stupid enough to drive a car while drunk. They would have never expected it out of me. I kept my mouth shut.

"Babe, you should get back in the bed before the nurse comes in here and throws a cow." Alex said softly.

"Will you lay with me?" I asked, batting my eyelashes.
"Of course." He nodded.

I got under the sheets and Alex scooted in next to me, wrapping his arm around my shoulder. I rested my head on his chest, looking up at him. He kissed my forehead.

"Awe." Jack said sarcastically.

Alex threw a card that was on the nightstand at him. It hit Jack in the forehead.

"You jerk!" Jack mocked hurt.

The door opened and a nurse and the doctor, in which I assumed, walked over to my bed.

"How are you feeling Jamie? It's good to see that you're awake!" The doctor planted a fake smiled on his face.

"A little hurt, but I think I'm ready to go home." I told them truthfully. I wanted to go home and spend the whole day with Alex.

"You can go home after we run some tests." The doctor said.
"What tests?" I asked, raising my eyebrow.
"Brain scan, cat scan. Just to make sure you don't have any head trauma or you haven't lost your vision."

"I can see fine and my head doesn't hurt." I objected. I wanted to get out of there as fast as possible.

"We're just going to make sure, Ma'am." The nurse butted in.
"Honey, listen to them." My mother sighed.
"It won't take that long, I promise." The doctor said.

I just nodded. I couldn't argue with them.

~

Alex drove us home in his car. I held his hand the whole way home. We didn't say anything, we just listened to the radio. I didn't know what to say. I was in complete shock over what had just happened; Alex drinking himself into a coma, me drinking and driving. I was just hoping that this was going to be a fresh, clean start.

Alex pulled into the driveway. He helped me up the stairs and into the house. I kicked off my shoes and pulled my jacket off my arms slowly.

"What do you want to do?" Alex asked, looking at the clock. "It's only noon. We have the whole day." He grinned.

"Lets watch a movie." I smiled.
"Which one?" Alex asked, walking over to our DVD collection.
"The Notebook." I smirked.
"Jamie!" Alex groaned.
"Shush. We're watching The Notebook and that is final." I said, walking over to the couch. I sat down and rested my feet on the coffee table.

"Fine, fine." Alex compromised. He popped in the DVD and sat on the couch beside me, resting his hand on my thigh.

"It feels good to be home." Alex admitted, looking around our apartment.
"No joke." I agreed. "Can we put what has happened in the past?" I asked, looking at him.
"I think I love you enough to do that." Alex nodded.
"I think love you too." I said softly, kissing him on the lips.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it took so long. I've been getting my self into a minor amount of trouble.
Yikes. Comments? Subscribers?
I'm sixteen now (: