So Vindictive.

But, I'm Stuck In This ***ing Rut;

I sat at the fancy restaurants table, getting the third degree from my mother. She talked about college, getting a job, having a kids. I wasn't even thinking about it. I was only nineteen and a half and married. I wasn't thinking about kids until I was at least thirty.

"I mean Jamie, come on." Alex's mother, Kate, continued.
"I'm not having kids yet!" I slammed my napkin down on the table.
"Ma, stop." Alex said, rubbing my shoulders.

Kate sat back in her chair and tucked a strand of hair behind her ears.

"I just want grandbabys." Kate mumbled.
"Yeah, well it's Jamie's choice, so stop." Alex said protectivly.

I picked at my bread on the plate and looked up at Alex. I mouthed a thank you and excused my self from the table.

"I'll be back." I smiled, walking to the bathroom. I shut the door, only to have it shoved open. Alex stepped in, smirking at me. He grabbed my waist and squeezed gently, pressing his lips to mine.

"Alex." I said in his lips, "Stop."
"No, this is perfect. We can do it against the sink." Alex said eagerly.
"I came in here to go to the bathroom." I reminded him.
"What about after?" Alex grinned.
"No." I shook my head.

I entered the stall. Alex stood in the doorway, his hands shoved into his pockets.

"Sorry about my mom." Alex shook his head.
"Me too." I laughed sarcastically.

I pulled my underwear up after wiping and walked towards the sink. I pressed the soap onto my hands and scrubbed. Alex came up from behind me, placing his hands on my waist from behind and rested his head ontop of mine. I rinsed my hands and faced him, resting my head against his chest.

"I'm so dissapointed. I'm married, at nineteen." I said dryly.
"But you're married to me. A pop punk sensation." Alex joked.
"Yeah, let me jump up and down in excitement." I rolled my eyes.
"We'll make it through." Alex kissed the top of my head.
"Hopefully." I nodded. "We should get back out there." I told him.

Alex and I walked back out. We took a seat at our table. I fiddled with my hands, avoiding small talk with his family. Instead, I talked to mine.

"We need to go house shopping tomorrow." My mother smiled.
"We've got everything we need." I told her dryly.
"No honey, your house needs some more stuff." My mother insisted.
"First, it's an apartment and second, we'll get around to it." I told her, sitting back in my seat.

I folded my arms across my chest and rolled my eyes. The Gaskarth's payed for dinner and Alex and I left happily. I slid into the passenger seat and buckled up.

"I'm going out tonight." Alex started the ignition.
"Should I be surprised?" I asked, rolling down the window.
"I was going to ask if you wanted to come." Alex chuckled.

I turned to him, completely shocked. Never once had Alex asked me to come out with him, I usually was the one who was sitting at home, alone.

"Y-yeah." I agreed.
"Good, I'm excited to spend some time with you." Alex smiled geniunly.
♠ ♠ ♠
BORING. i know.
i'll update soon. serious writers block on this story.
but would you be so kind as to check out my new story? South Of Nowhere?