So Vindictive.

And I'm over, getting old;

Alex fled down the stairs, not even waiting for Miranda and I to get our shit together. I grabbed my purse off the counter top and slipped it over my shoulder, while hopping on one foot to tie up my shoes.

Miranda grabbed my hand and ran down the stairs after I locked up the door. I walked down them quickly, trying not to trip and fall. Alex had pulled up to the entrance and was tapping his fingers angrily on the gray steering wheel.

Miranda hopped into the backseat, and I got shotgun. Alex sped off before I could even get my door closed.

"RECKLESS DRIVING!" I yelled frantically, hitting him in the arm.
"WHEN MY BEST FRIEND IS HURT, THERE IS NO RECKLESS DRIVING!" Alex yelled back, his nose flaring.

I sighed and sat back into my seat, hoping to god that he wasn't going to crash. Alex pulled into Rian's driveway not more than ten minutes later. He hopped out of the car and ran up the stairs, shoving the front door open.

Miranda and I followed suit. I closed the door behind us and walked into the living room where Alex was kneeling beside Jack. Rian and Zack stood at opposite ends of the couch, looking down at him.

"Alright, lets move him off the couch and get him to the emergency room." Zack suggested.

Alex examined Jack's head. From what I could tell there was a big gash on the top of his head.

"What happened?" I asked softly, afraid Alex might have another outburst.
"He fell down a flight of stairs." Zack chuckled.
"He had too much to drink." Rian shook his head.
"He just passed out." Zack shrugged.

My eyes widened in disbelief.

"You should have taken him to the hospital the second he passed out! He could be in a fucking coma!" I screeched, hitting Zack on his buff bicep.

"Calm down, youngin'." Zack laughed, picking up Jack's legs, while Rian grabbed him by the armpits. Alex walked behind them, helping them lift Jack into the car, although Jack was practically weightless.

Miranda and I took Alex's car. I started the ignition and followed them to the emergency room. Miranda's knee bounced up and down. She played with the radio, trying to find a good song. After five minutes she shut it off, leaning back into her seat.

"James, I'm worried." Miranda bit her lip, her eyes watering.
"It'll be okay. Jack's strong enough to pull through." I said confidently, hoping I was right.

"I've just never dealt with things like this okay. I always bawl like a baby." Miranda laughed, tears falling from her eyes.

"It's fine, I totally understand." I nodded, pulling into the parking lot of the Hospital. I killed the ignition and got out, wrapping my arm around Miranda's shoulder as we entered the emergency room.

I saw Alex, Zack and Rian talking to a doctor and rushed over, only catching a glimpse of what the doctor was saying.

"..He should be fine. I don't detect any signs of a coma. We're just going to give him stitches, patch him up and he should be able to leave once he regains consciousness." The doctor smiled, pulling his hands together. "Has he been drinking tonight?" He asked, pulling out his clipboard.

"Just a little. I mean, he did fall down a flight of stairs." Alex rolled his eyes.

Zack shoved Alex, putting him in check. Alex glared at him and walked over to one of the uncomfortable chairs, plopping down in one of them.

"He's just stressed, give him a break." Miranda told Zack, standing nervously by him.
"Yes, Jack has been drinking tonight." Zack confirmed.

I walked over to Alex and took the empty chair next to him. Alex's eyes were focused on the gray wall ten feet away. His eyes showed no sign of emotion.

"Alex." I said softly, rubbing his arm.
"Don't. Touch. Me." Alex said sternly, swatting my hand away.
"He's going to be okay. It's just stitches." I told him.
"Hey I got an idea, why don't you put yourself in my shoes for a quick second and look at what position I'm in. My best friend of fifteen years is in the emergency room." Alex folded his arms across my chest, tears welling in his eyes.

I sighed and sat back in my chair, playing with the strings of my hoodie. Zack, Rian and Miranda walked over to us.

"Doctor says we can go home. They're keeping him over night." Rian told us, helping Alex up. Alex reluctantly stood up and followed Rian and Zack out.

"Are you staying with them or are you coming home?" I asked Alex.
"Neither. I'd rather sleep on the side of the road." Alex said sarcastically.

Alex was so difficult.

Alex's POV

I got into the car with Rian and Zack, refusing to go home with Jamie. I just didn't feel like I wanted to be around girls. I wanted to be around my friends. I watched Jamie get into my car, Miranda slipped into the passenger seat.

"Are you still up for a party?" Zack asked, looking at me in the rear view mirror.
"Jack's in the hospital!" I screeched.
"He's fine!" Rian barked.

I rolled my eyes and put my seat belt on, folding my arms across my chest.

"Sure, why not. Lets get totally wasted." I said sarcastically, although I was up for a good time.

Rian drove us to the other side of town, pulling into the driveway of a extravagant house. I grinned at Zack and followed him up the walkway. Rian walked beside me, texting on his phone.

We got inside and were instantly greeted with the smell of weed and beer. I nodded to some of the girls who were grinning devilishly at me. I made my way into the kitchen and searched for the strongest concoction of liquor.

I pulled a bottle of Rum out of the cabinet and Vodka, before mixing myself a drink. I poured a little coke in and walked back out into the huge living room. There weren't alot of people here, but it was enough to make a party.

"Hey, you're Alex, right?" A bouncy blond walked up to me, smiling.
"Yeah." I laughed, sipping on my drink.
"I'm Stacy, pleasure to meet you." She said, sticking out her hand.
"I usually don't shake hands with the girls I fuck." I laughed, shaking it anyways.
"Well, this one is different." She whispered, biting my earlobe.

Stacy grabbed my hand and led me through the mass of people and up towards one of the bedrooms. There was no doubt this girl was drunk. She stumbled up the stairs and had to lean against the wall a few times. I helped her the rest of the way up and found a bedroom.

Stacy immediately stripped out of her clothes, making my mouth water. She walked over to me, slipping off my shirt. She kissed down my chest, stopping at the button of my jeans. I took control and wrapped her legs around my waist, pushing her against the wall.

"Oh my god." Stacy moaned as I trailed streaky kisses down her neck. "Bed." She slurred, pointing. I carried her over, dropping her onto the bed. She undid my jeans and I slid them off, grabbing my wallet. I pulled out a condom and slipped on the protection before hovering over her.

Stacy was one of the easy girls that I never really had a connection with other than physically. She wasn't like Jamie. She wasn't as strong willed. She didn't hold as much compassion, or dignity like Jamie.

I rolled off to the side, my chest heaving up and down. Stacy rolled over, curling into a ball. Her breathing slowed, indicating that she fell asleep.

I walked around the room, grabbing my jeans, my boxers, and my shirt. I pulled my shirt over my head, and grabbed my cellphone, looking at new texts from Zack and Rian, who were wondering where I was.

I pulled up my jeans and buttoned them before leaving the room. I walked past the people upstairs, waving slightly at all of them. The girls giggled and the guys offered high fives, which I declined.

I stepped outside, dialing Jamie's number. I leaned against the house, taking in the embrace of the warm summer weather.

"Hello?" Jamie sighed into the phone.
"I was wrong. Come get me from the party." I said sadly.
"Alex-" Jamie paused, stopping her sentence short. "I'm staying the night with someone else. Find your own ride."

My mouth gaped open as I heard the dial tone. Jamie was staying with someone else?
♠ ♠ ♠
oh my goodness. i totally blanked out while writing this.
i half-assed skimmed through it, making sure it was okay.

what do you guys think?