Status: Slow.

Fistful Of Dollar Bills

Awoken

Charlotte frowned at Finnegan from across the lunch room where she sat with a ham sandwich in her hand and her milk carton in the other. She was sitting beside Patsy and Elizabeth who had their Barbie dolls sitting on the cafeteria table and plastic Barbie doll lunch boxes on their plastic laps. Finnegan was looking back but in her hand was a candy bar and a juice box, while Chase - who sat on her right - tried to win a game of paper football against Joey who reigned the king of paper football at their table.

"Don't look at her," Patsy muttered as she looked up to see what Charlotte had her attention drawn too, "She's just being a stubborn brat and she doesn't need you. She'll figure out how much she wants to be your friend when those stinky boys get sick of her."

Charlotte nodded and looked back down at her sandwich, while Finnegan turned back to the game and cheered on Chase as he scored two points and was in the lead, Joey's face stricken angry. Charlotte believed what Patsy said, that neither of them needed each other and once Finnegan figured out what she was missing, she would come back like a dog with her tail between her legs.

Finnegan on the other hand enjoyed the company of the boys who didn't care for a little scrape of the knee or the occasional bug creepy-crawling up their legs. Who didn't care for a little mud on their school jumper or maybe just on their new Mary Jane's. It was a better place then the world Charlotte was growing up in, worried about dirt or bugs; or at least she did now.

----

In high school, Finnegan didn't get good grades.

In fact, she managed to keep a C average which wasn't what Mia intended her daughter to receive but she didn't whine or complain about it to her daughter because she knew she wouldn't listen and would continue on doing what she doing.

"You know Finny," Mia had said over dinner while Finnegan picked at her food, "If you don't get those grades up we might have to ground you. You can't keep going out with such grades as you have been bringing home."

Finnegan retorted that her grades were fine and at least she would pass the class. "If I were failing then maybe I would have tried to keep them up but I'd prefer to just keep it at a C and move on with my life. I don't want a scholarship because you guys can afford that. I don't have to worry about anything."

"That's not the point Finny," her mother yelled.

Finnegan shut her mouth though, and just continued you on with her dinner and didn't even properly excuse herself from the table when she was finished.

Most would say that that was the point that Mia was drowning in her own life and Marshall was beginning to draw away from the family. Franklin and Francesca weren't even close to their own parents anymore as much as Finnegan was so there wasn't a point to the family dinners. By then, Finnegan was out longer then she was on usual nights and only came home to fetch herself something to eat from the fridge.

Mia spent restless nights on the couch, reading books by the lamplight and Marshall found things to do at work to keep him staying a little bit longer. Everyone avoided each other and that was all fine with Finnegan because by then she traded her Mary Jane for marijuana and spending an extra hour getting high instead of eating dinner with the family was much better suited for her.