Status: currently being re-written

I'll Be the Sweetest Poison You've Ever Tasted

Eternally Missed

EDITED 7/22/11

It had been two weeks since we gathered the information we needed to track Daniel down and every day since a member of the mob has been found brutally murdered in some ally close to the police station. As gossip and hysteria within the criminal population mounted so did my knowledge about my "Father". Unfortunately I still didn't know where his hide-y hole was.

As for Doctor Crane, our visit is to come very, very soon.

This is a bad idea... Poison hissed in warning as I stalked through the dark underbelly of Gotham city

"you think I don't know that already?" I hissed back pushing open the doors of of the large factory off main slipping inside stealthily.

"Good evening Poison," I suave voice wafted from the dark corner to my left.

I froze momentarily and squinted just barely making out the figure of a very slight man sitting on a beat up fold-able chair.

"Good evening to you too Doctor," I said as I walked towards him and casually sat in the chair next to him.

"What brings you to my humble abode? Surely you didn't simply come here to chat." The arrogance that oozed from his voice told me that it was most definitely Johnathan in control. Good timing on my part because I'm not sure what I would have been able to get out of him had Scarecrow been running the show.

Johnathan Crane is an amicable man, arrogant, sneaky and a bit unhinged but nice enough. Scarecrow on the other hand was a loose cannon, one I couldn't afford to gamble on.

"I've come for information about Daniel Maloore," I said giving Dr.Crane a sideways look.

"Oh? And what would you want with information on that deplorable man?" He asked looking at me in mild shock.

My lips tightened and I sneered,"He's caused me quite a bit of trouble recently." It wasn't really a lie, just withholding a bit of the truth.

"And what do I get in return?" He inquired coolly.

I narrowed my eyes at him and smirked,"Word on the street is that you've been dying to get your sticky little fingers on me, see what makes me scream, that's what you get in return Johnathan." I murmured calmly.

"Using yourself as a means to and end? That's quite a gamble, what's to say I won't just kill you?" He questioned leering at me in interest.

I snorted in amusement, "Now what kind of crazy person would come in here and offer something like that without a solid plan? No, no, no, If I'm not in contact with my people in the next 48 hours you'll have a psychotic clown on your hands."

"The Joker?!" He seemed mildly surprised.

"Yes Crane, now tell me, do we have a deal?" I asked him quickly becoming impatient.

"What's he doing hanging around you I wonder...." Crane murmured completely ignoring my question.

I rolled my eyes and snarled, "Who knows with him."

"You don't seem so happy to have him around, is it true that he held you hostage?" The amusement in his voice was really getting on my nerves.

"Yes he did, now answer my question!" I hissed.

"When exactly should we get started Poison?" Crane asked eying me like I was the tastiest dessert ever made.

I smirked in satisfaction,"No time like the present."

"SO how long am I going to be stuck in these things?" I questioned tugging lightly at the handcuffs that bound me to a pipe against the wall.

"Until the toxin has worn off," Crane said walking over to his desk to pick up a needle filled with a hazy gray liquid.

"I thought you'd be using the gaseous form Doc, is this more concentrated?" I questioned eying him shrewdly.

He chuckled lightly, "Indeed it is, I figure a regular dose isn't going to work on you like everyone else."

"I warn you now, I'm not quite sure how Poison is going to react to this, it may just piss her off," I said lightly.

Damn right it's gonna piss me off! What use are you if you're sorting through your feelings like a pitiful waste of a human being Poison spat clawing at the walls of her cage with a vengeance previously unknown.

"Stop that you overgrown baby! I already have a headache I don't need you clawing around in my mind." I hissed.

Johnathan chuckled lightly as he bent down and jabbed the needle into my arm injecting me with the hazy gray liquid that burned like fire through my veins.

"Oh," I mumbled as the room around me suddenly darkened and morphed into the house that I grew up in and out of the darkness stepped Claudia in all her brown haired and emerald eyed glory.

"Claudia?" I croaked staring at her in awe.

"This is your fault," She said tilting her head to the side bring the large gash there to my attention.

"No-"

"YES! You could have stopped him! you could have saved me!" She shouted her eyes turning cold.

"I couldn't! I was-"

"YOU WERE JUST A KID!?!" She finished for me fury blazing in her eyes, "I was only nine! I was nine and he killed me!"

"I couldn't stop him!" I shouted trying to writhe out of my bounds reminding me that this wasn't real.

"You're not real," I murmured staring at her with sad eyes.

"I'm very real, your fear is alive Lilium," she said with a giggle before vanishing completely.

It's not real, I don't know what you're freaking out about you big baby Poison mocked with cruel laughter.

"I just don't care if it's real, that won't change how it feels...." I trailed off before my vision went black and I fell into unconsciousness.
♠ ♠ ♠
T/C:Eternally Missed - Muse

it's been quite a while hasn't it? >.>
I REALLY REALLY sorry about abandoning you guys for so long. I went through a period of absolutely hating my own writing and figured if It sounded awful to me it would be horrible for you guys to read. But I'm back on the horse now :D
I'm going on vacation next week without internet connection which will give me plenty of time to catch up on writing this. :D
Love&Rockets,
Ebony