Status: New story, First few chapters will come fast but then will down because I'm going back to school :)

Breaking Hearts Is What You Do for Fun

Chapter 5

I had time to kill so I just lay down outside on the grass and listened to my iPod. I started mouthing lyrics that came to my mind. I rushed inside to my room to get my guitar and began playing a simple Am chord. Soon, more chords rang out my guitar. I, then grabbed a dog-eared notebook and leafed through the pages. I found one of my songs and began to put both the lyrics and the music together.

“Hmmm, note to self. Show this song to GTofer later.” I muttered to myself as I scanned over the page.

“You know, they say that speaking to yourself is the first sign of insanity.” A voice said. I looked to my side and saw a guy with black hair and blonde highlights smirk at me.

“I’ve also heard that guys with highlights tend to get annoying.” I shot back. Sure my words didn’t make since but…

The guy gave me a look but chuckled anyways. “So, don’t mind me invading your ‘privacy’ but what song were you playing just know?”

I bit down on my lip. “Just something I’m working on… Nothing much though. Practicing is all.” I muttered

He nodded at me before ordering me, “Play it again. Lemme hear you.”

“Uh no. I don’t even know you. You just can’t make me play something for you.”

“Right sorry for my rudeness. I’m Jack Bassam Barakat.” Jack held out his hand towards me,” And you are?”

I took his hand before answering, “I’m Sky…”

Jack rose an eyebrow,”Just Sky?”

I shook my head, “Nah, my full name is Midnight October Sky. Last name is Sky by I like it better than my first name and middle name.”

His eyes got a little wide, my first reaction from him was a “You’re weird”, but no. Instead he said, “THAT. IS. SO. COOL!” He jumped up excitedly.

I gave out a small laugh and smiled sheepishly. “Yeah my parents… I don’t know how they came up with it but it’s okay I guess.”

Jack nodded and smiled. “So are you going to play the song for me then?”

I bit my lip and let out a sigh before propping up my guitar on my legs and began strumming.

“Let’s go back into our past
How happy we both were
Wishing it would last
But it all passed by in a blur
Always there, next to me
Never leaving without a goodbye
I know that we were meant to be
But am I the only one to see
Never able to leave like this
Leaving everything broken
For I’ll surely miss
All the words that were spoken
Don’t walk away
Don’t leave me here
I have something to say
But will you hear
I guess I should’ve never said
All these confessions to you
If all you ever wanted
Was something friking new
All that we once knew
Is left to be forgotten
Left to burn and die
So I guess this is our last goodbye”


“Dang! That was deep, girl!” Jack wiped away a fake tear from his eye playfully.

“Thanks?” I asked unsure.

A smile pulled on the edges of his lips. “No, seriously it’s good.”

I blushed in response. “Thank you Barakat.”

Jack scrunched up his nose and said in a disgusted tone. “Call me Jack. Barakat makes me sound…old.”

I nodded before standing up on my feet. “Well, Jack, it was really nice meeting you but I got to go somewhere.”

Jack stood up as well and put his arms in front of him as if to stop me. “Wait! Um, where are you going?”

“I have to get ready for my friend’s show tonight.” I replied.

Jack’s face began to grow with a smile. “Can I go? Please! I’ll bring my buddies and bandmates. You can meet ‘em! Please Midnight?” He begged using my first name and made a puppy dog face.

I only rolled my eyes playfully before nodding. “On one condition though, don’t call me Midnight. Call me Sky.”

Jack nodded his head excitedly before crushing me into a hug.
♠ ♠ ♠
I found my thumbdrive so this story is back. School is tough. I hate biology...it doesn't make any sense does it? So that's is a reason why I do not update often-I hardly have time to type. Anyways thank you everyone who has commented. Your comments mean the world to me and they brighten up my day(or in my case, darken my way too sunny day- I love clouds) :D. Sorry for any mistakes.