Torn into Two

No saplings were harmed.

I still had my eyes closed when Frank slowly pulled away.
"Yes, you are a lot prettier then a deer." I said softly as I opened my eyes to Frank grinning. "But we should go back, Mikey and Marie probably think we got mauled by a bear."
Frank pouted. "But I don't want to leave. I want to stay here. With you." He put a stray piece of my hair behind my ear.
I smiled at his gesture, and took his hand from my cheek, and held it in my own. "Come on Frankie. It's getting late anyway."
"Frankie?" He asked.
I nodded. "It suites you."
He smiled and kissed me once more. I wanted to stay there in the woods with him desperately, but I started to think about Zoey. Would if I had been here with Zoey? Would I want to stay forever in the forest with her?
"Okay, fine. We should probably make sure that Mikey didn't molest Marie anyway." Frank pulled me by the hand. I slapped him lightly on the shoulder.
"Is that all you ever think about? People being molested?" I laughed.
"No, I like guitars! Those are pretty bad ass." Frank smiled.
"I play bass." I said proudly.
"Mikey plays bass too!" Frank exclaimed.
"What about me?" We saw Mikey's head poke up from the tall grass.
"You play bass, so do I." I said as we approached Marie and Mikey.
"That's cool. How long you been playing?" Mikey stood and stretched.
"About 5 years." I approximated. "But my bass was stolen." I said sadly.
"Aw I'm sorry." Mikey said apologetically as he helped Marie off the ground.
"It's not your fault." I shrugged.
"Well, it's 11:00. And my curfew, according to Mr.Gerard, is 11:30. So I think we should get going." Mikey sighed.
"Who is this Gerard person? And why does he give you a curfew?" Marie asked as we headed back to our cars.
"Gerard is my brother. Frank and I live with him. He's older, so he's kind of like a father figure I guess you could say." Mikey explained as the grass thinned and we came to the small parking lot.
"Well I would like to meet this Gerard, who is ruining our night fun!" Marie giggled as we reached our cars.
"I'll be sure to tell him that when we get home." Frank giggled.
"Good." Marie and I both replied.
"Okay, we'll call you guys!" Mikey waved as he and Frank got into their car, and sped off.

"Well that was fun." Marie chirped as we buckled our seat belts.
"More than you know." I blushed a bit; luckily it was dark out and unnoticeable.
"Oh, and what did you and Frank do in the trees? I hope the poor little saplings weren't scared for life." Marie joked and slowly pulled on to the street.
"No Marie. No saplings were harmed." I laughed. "We sort of, kissed."
"Woot woot!" Marie cheered. "So are you going with Frank then?"
"You just have to know don't you?" I asked.
"Yes. I am your best friend. I should know these things." She smirked.
"I don't know still." I sighed in frustration.
"Okay, I'm going to be straight with you. Wait, wrong choice of words. Sorry." She apologized.
"Whatever, just keep going." I smiled to show that it was okay.
"Well, I think you should pick some one soon. It's not good to be going on like this." She admitted.
I nodded. "I know. I think I'll see if Zoey wants to go out for coffee tomorrow."

We finally pulled up to my apartment building.
"Don't forget to call Ann." Marie reminded.
"Oh yeah, how was your talk?" I asked.
"I think you should ask her." Marie sighed.
"Alrighty then." I shrugged it off and jumped out of the car, closing the door behind me.

I headed up both flights of stairs and unlocked my door.
I saw my mom sitting on the couch watching Everybody Loves Raymond, on the TV from her room. She probably moved it after the cops left.
"Hey mom, you're up late." I commented and slouched into the couch next to her.
"You didn't call." Was all I got for a response.
"I'm sorry. We went to the movies, then to eat, then to look at the stars." I took a breath as I finished.
"Who's we?" My mother asked.
"Me, Marie, Frank, and Mikey." I smiled.
"Are you going out with one of the boys?" My mother was getting a little nosy.
"Sort of." I shrugged. "I guess I'm 'going out' with Frank."
"I would like to meet him." My mother gets grumpy at night… can you tell?
"Uhm okay? But, I'm going to go to bed. I'll see you in the morning." We said our good nights and I headed into my room; cell phone in hand.
Now, it was time to see what Marie and Ann spoke about…