Torn into Two

I guess I should get going then.

"Oh Molly, this is my step-brother Frank. Frank this is Molly." Zoey smiled. "So what are you doing here Frank?"
"Uhm, I came to just say hi." Frank still didn't take his eyes off of me.
"Do you want to eat with us?" Zoey offered.
"What are we having?" Frank asked, now slowly moving his gaze to Zoey.
"Chicken… oh right. You're vegetarian. I can make something else if you like." Zoey stood and was about to walk to the fridge.
"No it's okay, I'll just catch up with you later." Frank returned his eyes to mine. He looked… hurt?

But I didn't understand why he looked hurt. How did he not know that I was just Zoey's friend or something? Maybe Zoey did this for everyone on their second date?
Frank looked at me once last time before turning on his heels and walking out.

"Frank's awesome. I wish he would have stayed. You two would really get along." Zoey said as she cut into her steaming chicken.
"Yeah he seemed nice." I felt a huge wave of guilt wash over me as I cut into my own chicken.-which was actually very good-

But then again, Frank can't really get too mad because we weren't technically together or anything. But still, I felt really bad. I almost wanted to tell Zoey what was going on, but would it crush her? It's not like I meant for this to happen! It's not like I knew they were partly related! If I knew, I would have picked one of them. But would knowing that help me make my decision?
Zoey and I ate the wonderful food she had prepared with little talk. It kind of felt a little awkward. I didn't know what to say around her. She was the first girl I had gone out with, maybe that's why. But I didn't want to leave her, but I didn't want to leave Frank either. I almost wish I hadn't met one of them… almost.

"So Molly." Zoey pushed her plate away. "Tell me about yourself."
"Well," I started and pushed my own plate away. "I have lived here my whole life, my mom and dad just recently divorced and I'm living with my mom now. My full name is Molly Nicole Flanagan. Uhm, my favorite color is black and I play the bass guitar." I tried to think of more things I could tell her.
"My turn." Queue the amazing smile! "I have also lived here my whole life, my mother and father also got a divorce, when my mother re-married I got Frank as a step brother." She tapped her finger on her chin. "My full name is Zoey Elizabeth Olsen. My favorite color is red and I don't play an instrument."

We had moved onto the front porch and spent at least 30 minutes telling each other about ourselves. But the whole Frank walking in thing was eating me up inside.
"Zoey, I think I have to confess something." It was better if she knew.
Her face flashed a worried expression. "What is it Molly?"
But of course, I backed down. "I really like you." And I wasn't lying. I really did like her. A lot. But I also have very strong feelings for her step brother..
Her worried expression turned into a smile. "I really like you too."
And just as unexpected as in the trees, Zoey's lips were placed on mine in a delicate kiss.
It was different, I'm not going to lie. I could taste her shiny pink lip gloss on my own lips. Her lips were so soft and inviting. I took a leap of faith and deepened the kiss. Thankfully she responded and put her arms around my neck and deepened the kiss even more, gliding her tongue on my bottom lip, pleading access which I granted right away. Our tongues danced their own little tango.
We finally pulled away and each of us smiled. Zoey took a quick glance at her watch that was secured to her left wrist.

"Shit." She sighed.
"What?" I asked, not wanting to leave.
"My step father will be home soon." She didn't look me in the eyes.
"So?" I pushed the matter, even though it was a little rude.
"He doesn't really approve of me being, well, a lesbian." She played with one of her shoe laces.
"Oh." I looked down at my own shoes. "I guess I should get going then."
"Call me?" Zoey asked as we both stood.
I nodded and she kissed me quickly, sending a jolt of adrenaline down my spine. I smiled and waved good bye.

I sighed getting into my car. I revved the engine and pulled cautiously onto the street, pulling away from the pale yellow house. I grabbed my phone from the cup holder and turned it on.
It beeped a few times, signally I had a text message. Fuck. Can you guess who it was from? Yup, 10 points for you! It was Frank…