Torn into Two

I Love Giraffes.

“So did you guys have any ideas for today?” Marie asked as we pulled away from her house.
“We want coffee.” Gerard said sternly.
“Gerard needs his coffee before he explodes.” Mikey explained with a smirk.
“It’s not my fault you drank it all!” Gerard crossed his arms over his chest.
“Wait, so I’m going to guess that this toddler is Gerard right?” Marie pointed to Gerard. “You know, since I wasn’t introduced or anything.”
“Oh right. Yes, Marie this is Gerard. Gerard this is Molly’s best friend Marie.” Frank explained. “And you can relax Gee, we’re at Starbucks.”

“Oh coffee. How I love you more than Mikey.” Gerard sighed and smiled contently as he sat in one of the big green chairs.
“Hey!” Mikey pouted.
“Aw it’s okay Mikey. I love you.” Frank ruffled Mikey’s hair.
I cleared my throat.
Frank turned to me and before I knew what was going on, his lips were pressed against mine.
“Get a room.” Marie threw a piece of her doughnut at us.
“Anyway, what should we do today?” Gerard asked, changing the subject.
“Let’s go to the zoo!” Frank exclaimed.
“The zoo Frank?” Mikey raised his eyebrow.
“Yeah. The zoo! Do I have to spell it out for you?!” Frank rolled his eyes.
“Yes! I say we go to the zoo!” Marie agreed. “I want to see the giraffes!”
“Okay I guess we’re going to the zoo!” Frank said, without hearing any one else’s preference.

“Jesus! Who thought it would be so expensive to go to the zoo these days!” I complained as we entered the park.
“I know right? But you and Frank at least got a discount for passing as like 13 year olds!” Gerard laughed loudly.
“Shut up!” Frank and I scowled in unison.
“Let’s start going this way.” Mikey said pointing in the direction of the tigers. “That way we can just do a big circle and end up in the lunch area so we can eat.”
“Good plan.” Marie smiled as Mikey took her hand.
“They better have white tigers, or I’ll be quite disappointed!” I said as Frank swung our hands back and fourth.
“I like lions so much better than tigers.” Gerard said as we stopped to look at the big cats.
“What the hell? Why?” Frank asked. “The tigers are prettier!”
“Yeah, but the lion is the king of the jungle! Duh!” Mikey backed up his elder brother.
Everyone looked at Marie.
“Don’t fucking look at me! I’m here to see the Jaffas!” Marie smirked and started to pull on Mikey’s hand.
“Pfft, no white tigers. Mean, mean zoo people.” I muttered as we moved on to the next animal.

After quite a few more animal exhibits, including the elephants that sneezed on Gerard, we finally came to Marie’s beloved giraffes.

“Aw look at the baby ones!” Marie squealed and approached the fence.
“Do you want to feed them?” A zoo keeper asked.
“Yes!” Everyone replied excitedly.
“Okay, it’s five dollars per 3 carrots.” The zoo keeper said and everyone dished out five dollars.
“I’m scared. I don’t want it to bite my hand off!” We all heard a voice from down the path a little. Two other girls were feeding some giraffes as well, and they both looked awfully familiar.
“Hey Marie.” I tugged on Marie’s shirt.
“What?” She replied and turned to face me.
“Is that who I think it is?” I asked in disbelieve.
“Oh my God I think it is! And is she with…” Marie started to say but I finished the sentence for her.
“Zoey?”
♠ ♠ ♠
[color=size=89] I want comments please! I left you with a cliff hanger for a reason...but I do have the rest of this chapter. But I need comments before I post the rest!