Sequel: She Almost Left Me

The One That Got Away

Haunting Melody

Into the night
Desperate and broken
The sound of a fight
Father has spoken

We were the kings and queens of promise
We were the victims of ourselves
Maybe the children of a lesser God
Between Heaven and Hell
Heaven and Hell

Into your eyes
Hopeless and taken
We stole our new lives
Through blood and name
In defense of our dreams
In defense of our dreams

We were the Kings and Queens of promise
We were the victims of ourselves
Maybe the Children of a lesser God
Between Heaven and Hell
Heaven and Hell

The age of man is over
A darkness comes at dawn
These lessons that we learned here
Have only just begun

We were the Kings and Queens of promise
We were the victims of ourselves
Maybe the Children of a Lesser God
Between Heaven and Hell

We are the Kings
We are the Queens
We are the Kings
We are the Queens


It was like deja vu all over again. She was sitting there in red in front of him. But this time, she was happy. There was colour in her cheeks and she was smiling and laughing and chattering loudly and happily. Danny just sat listening the whole time, a slight goofy smile on his face as everything washed over him; he was lost in a fantasy world with her.

"Danny?"

He snapped out of his trance.

"Yes honey? I mean..." He went deep red, his eyes suddenly making close friends with the floor.

She giggled and went red herself. "Just wondering... Do you wanna share a big bowl of chocolate profiteroles and a bottle of white? Just was thinking... Me and mam used to do that..."

She trailed off, the colour in her cheeks spreading and deepening. Danny couldn't help but blush even, wondering if she knew what she was doing to him. He opened his mouth to speak, but when nothing came out, he just nodded and smiled instead.

"Well," she laughed lightly, and nervously. "I forgot my ID, so you'll kinda have to order it..."

"Sure," he smiled, his voice so falsetto, it was almost only in dog acoustics.

As he left, Lauren let out a huge lungful of air, that she'd drawn in so as to remain calm, and not blurt out every word of her feelings that shivered on the tip of her tongue. She just mumbled them to herself, then looked up smiling as Danny arrived, holding two glasses and an expensive looking bottle of white wine.

"Wow..." she smiled.

"I know," Danny smiled back.
♠ ♠ ♠
I figure, the next two chapters will be ethereal.
I'm just in such a good mood, I can't make it sad yet!
So, take advantage of this!
Maybe, you could even offer me a few ideas.
Not that I need them, I just like audience co-operation.
Hey, you never know, you might get to be in the story for a wee bit!
'Cause I'm nice like that.
Aren't I, Ellie?? Love ya ;) xxx