Sequel: She Almost Left Me

The One That Got Away

Twist of the Knife

Na na, na na na, na na
I miss you, miss you so bad
I don't forget you, oh it's so sad
I hope you can hear me
I remember it clearly

The day you slipped away
Was the day I found it won't be the same
Ooooh

Na na na na na na na
I didn't get around to kiss you
Goodbye on the hand
I wish that I could see you again
I know that I can't
Oooooh
I hope you can hear me
'Cause I remember it clearly

The day you slipped away
Was the day I found it won't be the same
Ooooh

I had my wake up
Won't you wake up
I keep asking why
And I can't take it
It wasn't fake
It happened, you passed by

Now you're gone, now you're gone
There you go, there you go
Somewhere I can't bring you back
Now you're gone, now you're gone
There you go, there you go
Somewhere you're not coming back

The day you slipped away
Was the day i found it won't be the same noo..
The day you slipped away
Was the day that I found it won't be the same oooh...

Na na, na na na, na na
I miss you


Danny got straight back in his car and put his foot to the floor. It was eleven pm, so the roads were relatively clear. At least he would get to the hospital faster, even if he was risking his life.

It took him an hour to get to the hospital where his sister and his mum were.

"Vicky Jones, please," Danny said at the front desk.

The receptionist kindly told him the ward and the room, and before dashing off in a mad rush to find his sister, Danny politely thanked her. He ran as fast as he could, his heart racing and his lungs screaming.

He didn't even bother waiting for the lift.

Scaling three steps at a time, he panted, coughed and wheezed his way up to the right ward. He could hear the noise from the staircase. His eyes blaring, his lungs in uproar, his voice resounding, he ran to the room.

All he could see through the window was blood, machines, his mum crying, and doctors and nurses trying to pound the life back into his sister. He burst through the door, tears glistening and hanging on his eyelashes, just standing, looking at his big sister, lying helpless and pale in the bed.

His mum looked at him.

"I only leant over to stroke her face," she whispered, her eyes streaming.

"Should we call it?" the nurse asked.

"Yeah. Time of death, twelve thirty six a.m.."

*

Lauren woke up. It was only twenty to one. She'd had an awful dream; Danny was lying, literally in pieces on a linoleum floor, and she was cradling his heart, which was getting slower and slower.

Wiping the cold sweat from her forehead, Lauren, being paranoid, opened her phone to check for missed calls and messages. Nothing. Sighing, she closed it, held it for a secong as she breathed a small sigh of relief, and went to replace it on the bedside table. It rang in her hand.

Turning the lamp on, she answered it.

"Hello?"

"Lauren... I lost my phone... On the corner of your street..." He sniffled. "Come see me, I don't want Frankie to know..."

"Know what?" she asked, worried.

"Just... come to the phonebox..."

*

She didn't bother wasting time getting dressed. She just pulled on her dressing gown over her pink pajamas, and slipped her feet in to her big brothers' trainers. On opening the door, she realised it was raining. She couldn't care; Danny was upset.

So she ran.

Within seconds, Lauren was at Danny's side. He looked at her as he sat on the floor, soaked from head to toe in the heavy rain pounding his head. he looked up at her, his eyes bloodshot, and a red stain on his white shirt.

"She was only twenty-six... Mum only lent over to stroke her face... A stitch popped... She wouldn't stop bleeding... Mum got covered... It's on me..." he whispered, more to himself than to her.

Lauren's blood ran cold.

"What happened?" she asked, sitting down next to him, not aware but not caring for the fact that her white fluffy dressing gown was getting stained with mud.

"She's gone..." Danny whispered, finally admitting it to himself. "My sister... she's gone..."

He broke down. He fell sideways into Lauren's lap and cried. Cried his heart and soul out onto her pajamas, while she held back sobs to be composed for him. Vicky had babysat her years ago; that's how Danny and Frankie knew each other. He had to come along one day. They'd all grown up together. Frankie'd always had a crush on her...

The rain seemed fitting; the world crying in agony at the loss of such a great person. It washed over them both, making each breath a cloud. Danny finally stopped crying, and Lauren let another tear slip down her cheek. He shivered in her lap, so she lent forward in an attempt to keep him warm. She held him tightly, close to her, so afraid that he'd break if she didn't keep him safe.

"I miss her," Danny whispered into her chest, before starting to cry again.
♠ ♠ ♠
Waaaaaah :(
Why did I do this :(
I don't like it :(
Vicky Jones rules :(
Blame Ellie, she wouldn't let Lauren die :(
It's so sad :(
At least it's only a story, coz this would suck :(