Sequel: She Almost Left Me

The One That Got Away

Tom's Proposition

There's no one in town I know
You gave us some place to go.
I never said thank you for that.
I thought I might get one more chance.
What would you think of me now,
so lucky, so strong, so proud?
I never said thank you for that,
now I'll never have a chance.
May angels lead you in.
Hear you me my friends.
On sleepless roads the sleepless go.
May angels lead you in.
So what would you think of me now,
so lucky, so strong, so proud?
I never said thank you for that,
now I'll never have a chance.
May angels lead you in.
Hear you me my friends.
On sleepless roads the sleepless go.
May angels lead you in.
May angels lead you in.
May angels lead you in.
And if you were with me tonight,
I'd sing to you just one more time.
A song for a heart so big,
god wouldn't let it live.
May angels lead you in.
Hear you me my friends.
On sleepless roads the sleepless go.
May angels lead you in.
May angels lead you in.
Hear you me my friends.
On sleepless roads the sleepless go.
May angels lead you in.
May angels lead you in.


It was two days since the funeral. Danny, Tom, Dougie, Harry, Frankie, Ellie, Davinia and Lauren all sat in the living room of Frankie's house, uncomfortable silence surrounding them. Frankie stood in the center of all the make-shift seats, circling slowly with his hands on his hips, giving everyone the dagger eyes.

"Harry. I'll start with you," Frankie announced sternly.

Harry gulped and looked at the floor.

"You need to let go of Davinia. you've gone from loving her to idealising her. Yes, you can be friends obviously, but it's over. You're stopping her moving on."

Harry nodded and looked at Davinia, who nodded at him and looked at Frankie, who was sighing and looking round, wondering who he was going to berate into fixing a relationship or two.

"Dougie... I actually don't even know why you're here so... Tom. Take Ellie into the kitchen," Frankie smiled at his friend, winking slightly as Tom patted his jacket pocket nonchalantly and stood up, holding his hand out for Ellie to help her up.

They disappeared into the kitchen, with everyone silent for a small while. When they heard Ellie scream yes over and over again, Frankie went back to scanning the room for someone to fix.

"Danny. I know your sister's just died, but you can't sit and cry forever. Your girlfriend is getting neglected, or have you forgotten about her?"

Danny looked at Lauren with guilt, and returned to picking his fingernails and looking at the floor. He knew he'd been bad, knew he'd been neglecting and ignoring her; it wasn't her fault and he knew that. He should have told her he needed time for himself; she'd easily have understood. He was just an idiot. He didn't want to lose her.

"As for you, Loz. Quit moping. you know he likes you, or you wouldn't be together. So buck up sis. It'll be fine."

Lauren nodded, still looking at the floor.

"And last, and most certainly not least. Davinia..." He paused. "Will you go out with me?"
♠ ♠ ♠
Deds to Becca for the song! :)
Told you it'd be happier this time, Smell!
And here's your surprise... :)
Hope you like it, dear.
Love you, Elliekins! xx