The Lies of Molly Ringwald

1 shot 2 shot 3, You're Gonna Regret That In the Morning

As soon as Jeremy shut the door with a snap behind him I stood and walked toward the kitchen which was separated form the living room by only an oak bar. Suddenly all to aware that James’s eyes were on me the entire time. What had me even confused was what I was currently feeling for James. There was still the nasty streak of hatred and contempt for him, but also this strange feeling that was like a crush, and of course I knew I still loved him. Even I wasn’t fool enough to think that I didn’t. I leaned across the bar, " Hey Izy , be a doll and toss me the booze out of my duffel bag. And would you be kind enough to put the beer in the fridge?”

She rummaged around for a few moment, first pulling out the large bottle round and twisted bottle that was Smirnoff Vodka. Then the large square bottle that was Parrot Bay. She sat the bottles on the oak bar and I reached in a grabbed a can of the cheap beer.

" Hey James, darling," I couldn't explain my words, " Do you have orange juice?"

" Sunny delight?" He offered, looking at me as if I were a Leper.

" Eh I'll try it, but you do have cranberry juice, coke and what is this? Sprite, and its even in the 12oz bottles! Did you know that I was coming James?" Sprite was my favorite soda, but only in 12 oz bottles, and it was Sprite that I had first drank vodka, the first time that I had gotten drunk and James had seen me that way, maybe I was looking forward to him seeing me incapacitated again. I liked being drunk. When I was drunk I was weak, people had to take care of me, and I didn't have to pretend to be strong, for someone. I could be weak, and lean on people, and I didn't feel bad about it, for a few short hours I could be the one that needed help and not be the one looking out for everyone else.

" Ellie, I don't think that drinking... Mom and Dad-"

I cut him off, " Ronald Regan?" I asked with a sly smile, my eyes sparkling with memories, I didn't even notice that everyone was looking at us like we were the aliens. Regan, was what we used to call his father, we called mine Nixon, my half brother Yamamoto, the Japanese Admiral who lead the attack on Pearl Harbor.

"... Wouldn't be happy if you throw up on the carpet,” James finished impatiently.

" Don't be silly I've only ever puked once from drinking and that was the third time I ever drank so... Screw Driver, Davy?" Davy’s eyes bulged, he swallowed hard, and nodded," Where are the cups Jimmy," He pointed to the third cabinet to the right, " Elizabeth rum and coke?" Elizabeth walked over to the bar and I handed her the drinks and she handed Davy, his, " Turn the Tv on we need some background noise. Hey, James, where are your shot glasses?"

" In my mom's room, let me go get them." I was moderately shocked that he was so willing to participate our under age drinking.

" This is actually good," Elizabeth said to me.

" This is kinda fun, I kinda want to be a bartender." I replied

"No not the news, Davey ," Isabel said," I have some, RedBull and Jaeger , in my bag."

"Sweet. Cups too?" I asked.

" Yes I am prepared."

" Goldschlogger , or aftershock?"

" Billy did give me a bottle." Billy was Isabel cousin.

" We have enough to waste all of us three times over!"

" More than that, I mean the only two that would have a high tolerance would be Davy and
James cause they are both big guys."

" Okay what about Oo, The Phantom of the Opera," Davy said as he pushed the select
button on the remote.

" No, not that movie again, all they do is sing!" Elizabeth said," We watched that in French
and it was horrible."

" It was not, leave it!" I said.

" It's a musical what do you expect?" Davy asked sarcastically

" Yeah three out of four people hated it in our French class," Elizabeth said.

" I just hated reading the book."

" I wish that you and Jessica had never found that the day Miss Rausch was absent."

" But we did."

" I like musicals," Davy said.

" Me too," Isabel added, she had to put her two cents in.

" I don't they tend to be annoying, like Grease, that was gay," James said as he returned from his parents bed room. When he said gay he looked pointedly at me and smirked, I shot him a nasty look in return. As he walked past the bar he slid the glasses across the bar and flopped, down on the couch.

" Three out of five say leave it, majority rule," I said.

" Yeah but its my house," James spat.

" Yeah, but I have the remote," Davy said showing him the remote. Was a fight about to start? I hoped not.

" Hey, give Davy some of the aftershock, I want to see him wasted," I said.

" Whats that? Are you sure that you should mix drinks?" He asked apprehensively

" That's only beer and liquor, and we don't have any beer." Isabel said.

" Hey you two you better get over here cause Em, you already said you'd take shots with me and hey Ty, I gotta take shots with you! Then me and you, Em, were taking Jaeger bombs, and then were, braking open the Aftershock bottle."

" But its already open," Davy said confused.

" Yes but there is candy in the bottom. Come on you two," I poured the three shots for us. Isabel had walked over eagerly a few minutes before, but once they were poured James walked over without any more convincing, he picked up his shot glass the three of us toasted and threw it back, it burned but that was the point. I poured another...

After the second shot I could feel the cloudy dizziness of a buzz filling into my head. I however wasn't planning on giving up until James too was feeling his head spinning. I was going to stand with him drink for drink. I just hoped that he wasn't going to be right and I wouldn't puke in my pretty red prom dress.

"Shit," I said beginning to laugh my annoying laugh, that was a tale tell sign that I was slowly
becoming under the influence. I poured another. We toasted again. Threw another back.

" I'm I going to get to hear the laugh that everyone talks about?” Davy asked Me. His eyes too were becoming glassy.

" Yes, Davy, my alter ego, Ferrari is gonna make an appearance."

" How you feeling James?" Isabel asked after two more shots.

" I'm feeling it." As was I.

" One more guys ," I began to laugh" Nananananananananananana, one more,
nanananananananan."

" Oh god, Amber, please, please, not the laugh" Isabel pleaded.

" But when we smoke your gonna do the talk, and I can't do the talk." I said, trying hard to think about what I was saying as not to slur my words.

" Jaeger bombs!" Isabel said as she opened the Red Bull. The vodka was forgotten. I glanced over at Elizabeth and Davy, they were sitting passing the enormous bottles of alcohol back and forth, both singing the songs from the Phantom of the Opera. When I drank my Jaeger bomb I couldn't even tasted the alcohol. It was time for my test I bit my tong just to see if I could feel it low and behold I couldn't.

" Look lights, Jeremy’s back, YAY!! NANANANANAN!" I exclaimed
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments are amazing <3