Oh Dear Me I Agreed to Marrying an Ice Demon Prince; What Was I Thinking?

The War

Alexander’s POV

The war has been going on for at least 11 hours now. Not that it really matters to me though; I’d be relaxing on a couch anyways.

Lelah sits on my lap and starts playing with my hair. As much as I love her, she’s annoying as hell sometimes. I gruffly demand, “Get off me. I’m not in the mood.”

She stares at me, wide eyed and with that irresistible pout. I sigh. “Fine.”

Kiana stares at us with amazement. She tries to read what I’m feeling, but I just block it like I have been doing for the last few hours since that stupid curse. Her brows become furrow and she asks, “Why is it that all I can sense from you is a calm sense of satisfaction?”

I shrug. “I enjoy wars.”

“Then why aren’t you fighting along your parents and Spencer right now? Are you too much of a coward?” She provokes me, but I’m smart enough not to take the bite.

Smirking at her I just reply, “My, my, my, a little feisty aren’t we? Think you’re so high and mighty now that you are a weak empath?”

A rumble shakes the house and Lelah hugs me around my neck tightly. I hold on to her. What the hell is going on out there?

My dad’s deep voice replies, We need back up. Hurry. We are surrounded and many of our soldiers are injured.

Prying Lelah off of me, I set her down. “Stay with Kiana and make sure she doesn’t do anything stupid.”

She nods bravely even though I can tell she’s frightened. In a blink of an eye
I’m outside surrounded by misery and chaos. Hundreds of our finest wizards and soldiers are wounded or dead.

I look around trying to find my mother or father, but they are nowhere in sight. The enemy keeps gaining towards the castle wall. It’s show time.

Shutting my eyes, I concentrate. I hear the screams of fallen soldiers, I smell our defeat restlessly pushing against our feeble defenses and I feel my kingdom’s anxiety. All of which I block out and meditate; thinking about ice and the coldness within each heart as they stab one another mercilessly. I feel nothing, but ice and I see nothing but the illusion of an empty black abyss.

My hands tingle in the cold air and I open my eyes.

Perfect. I hear my mother purr with delight.

A huge blizzard surrounds the land as far as the horizon. All the enemy soldiers are frozen in blocks of ice. A sharp pain resides in my chest, but I quickly shake it off.

Thank you. My father sincerely says. I start walking away with indifference. Bitterly I reply, I didn’t do it for you. I did it for Lelah so that she would be protected.

In another flash I’m back up with in the emergency room shaking off the snow from my boots. Lelah comes and jumps up on top of me with a death grip.

“Don’t kill me! Don’t kill me! Don’t kill me!” She squeals as she hugs me tighter.

I just hug her back and chuckle, “Why would I—“

Kiana isn’t here. Nowhere in sight is the brown haired girl that I so blatantly dislike. Where is she, Lelah? I can’t even control my thoughts from sounding upset. You know that she can’t get hurt.

“She tricked me and said she needed to use the bathroom and so I let her out, but after 10 minutes or so she didn’t come back! I thought maybe she was just pooping or something, but—“

“Get to the point.” I rip her away from me and put her down. “Do you know where she is?”

Lelah shakes her head sadly knowing that she has disappointed me. I go silent and listen for her thoughts, hoping that this empathy link may have connected her to me as well. I don’t hear anything though.

Alexander get out here quick! Panic is seeping out of every word my mother said.

I blink and I’m next to her. Out in the snow covered land is a speck of green and the middle of that green speck is none other than—

“Kiana!!!!” I scream at her. Marching over to her little oasis, I catch a better glance of what she was doing. One by one each soldier is slowly becoming unfrozen. I conjure an ice dagger and throw it at one that had just come alive.

She turns around and gasps at me. “What the hell do you think you’re doing?”

“They were going to die thanks to you!” She snaps back at me and continues unfreezing them.

I stab the next one right in between the eyes. Grabbing her by her arm, I pull her away from them and back to where my mother is standing. She tries to fight me, which is useless. Finally I get there and throw her towards the ground.

“Look here, girl, you don’t mess with these wars. Anyone of those soldiers you were curing could have easily killed you!” I yell at her.

She just glares at me and says, “Why would you care anyways if I die!? You don’t even like me!”

Of course she is ignorant of why we need her and more importantly why I need her. I roll my eyes and reply, “Not true. I think you’re unintelligent and a pain in my ass, but with the situation being how it is, you cannot die.”

“Then why did you try to kill me?!?” She screams. Kiana has finally lost her marbles.

I just shrug. “I wasn’t actually going to kill you…”

I’m calling bullshit on that. I don’t care though because I’d rather die than have to be around you all the time. Spencer and the fact I have no where else to live are the only things keeping me here. Her thoughts echo throughout my head. I scowl at her ungratefulness and look away.

A small flurry of snowflakes appears by my side. Lelah stumbles out of it and clings to my waist for balance. She looks at Kiana and whines, “You don’t want to be with me too?”

Kiana’s glare subsides and she turns to Lelah. Softly she replies, “Of course I do.”

I feel a warm tingling sensation in the air. “Great.” I mutter under my breath.

In an instant, the stupid Angel shows up in all his white eternal glory. He has a pretty good-sized package in his hands.

Lelah looks up at him and grins as he gives it to her. “Happy Birthday by the way!!!”

Mother gasps, “We forgot about the banquet!! My poor baby, I will make it up to you. Tomorrow night we will surely have it, I promise.”

My mother vanishes to go make the preparations. Kiana is just smiling and laughing with Lelah as they open up the package. How much more can I endure of this?

Spencer glances at me. You don’t have any other choice. You might as well learn to tolerate her.

He’s right and the fact that he’s right kills me. I look at Kiana again and realize that I can’t fight things. She’s going to have to be around forever.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know this was really random, but I think I'm going to start writing this story again. Just for kicks and giggles. There's a lot of things I have up my sleeve :) So stay tuned.