Status: Finished

Writings on the Bathroom Wall

You Don't Have to Go Home, But You Can't Stay Here

Closing time couldn’t come fast enough. I left the bar, walking around the back to my car. I cupped my hand and lit a cigarette. I didn’t smoke much but I always seemed to want one on the walk back to my car.

“Hello little miss,” came the male voice from earlier. I turned to look at him and I recognized him as the British hooligan from earlier.

“Is there something I could do for you. Point you in the direction of the nearest British consulate or rehab facility?”

“You’re funny,” He said.

“I try. Now if you’ll excuse me, I’d like to get home,” I said. I spun on my heel and started to walk towards my car when he grabbed me from behind.

“Now, if you don’t mind, I’d like to finish off my night with a drink,” he said. He craned my neck to the side and smelt my neck. When his breath brushed my skin, I couldn’t help but feel a shiver run down my spine. He was just about to take a bite when a voice came from behind us.

“Let her go,” he said. He turned us around and there was the cute guy from earlier pointing a gun at him.

“Mate, this isn’t your problem.”

“Ah see, you’ve made it my problem.”

“That gun isn’t going to stop me.”

“Really. Even if the bullets are tipped with holy water? And don’t forget the silver.”

“Try your best mate. I’ll still come over there and kick your ass.” I rolled my eyes. Hearing footsteps, both of them were distracted enough for me to put a stop to all of this.

“Hey!” I screamed.

“Yeah love?” he said, blowing his rank breath into my face. Keeping eye contact with him and concentrating as hard as I could, I readied myself.

“You’re really starting to get on my nerves,” I said. With one swift wave on my hand and a little theatrics thrown in for the hell of it, flames shot from my palm and lit the vampire on fire. The other man stood in disbelief as he burned to a crisp and his ashes then floated away on the wind.