Status: Finished

But It's Better If You Swear to Shake It Up.

The Wedding

Any doubt that Brendon may have had melted away as soon as he saw his beautiful bride. He couldn't help the smile that formed over his lips as he watched Cali walk slowly towards him on the arm of her father. At the point of the alter, the young girl unlinked her arm from her father's, turning to give him a hug as he kissed her cheek. He then turned and walked to his seat as Cali handed off the bouquet to Kara for the time being. She turned towards her soon to be husband with a smile as he lifted the see-through veil that covered her face. Both turned to the priest with beaming faces, letting him begin the service.

"Dearly Beloved, we are gathered here today to join this man and this woman in holy matrimony," the priest began, but Brendon was already drifting off and losing track of what he was saying. He was too busy staring at the girl in front of him. Never had she appeared so beautiful to him. Her blue eyes were outlined in black and they looked like glimmering crystals as tears glossed over them. Parts of her hair were pulled back as the loose ends dropped around her face and down her back in blue and pink ringlets. The natural glow she got from the pregnancy and happiness illuminated her face, dimples forming in her cheeks because she just couldn't stop smiling. Brendon couldn't look away. Somehow he managed to pull his attention away from her and to the priest in front of him. "If anyone has any objection as to why these two should not be married; speak now, or forever hold your peace."

He waited through a couple minutes of silence before continuing. The time finally came for the two to exchange vows, and Cali was to go first. She searched around for the piece of paper she had written them on a few days prior to the event, and mentally freaked out as she realized she had left it on the dresser in her bedroom. She bit her lip and looked up at Brendon, smiling nervously as she decided she was just going to have to wing it.

"This isn't exactly what I wrote, but here goes nothing," she started, taking a deep breath before continuing. "Now as I think back to the first day I met you, I would never have believed anyone who told me I would be marrying you in about three years. You were just so uninterested in me, and let's face it, a complete nerd." She giggled lightly, as did Brendon. "But that was also high school. And then seeing you again last year, that damn spark just came back. When you came back into my life, I was at the point where I thought real love didn't even exist. I was beginning to believe I deserved every thing that was happening to me. And you know better than anyone what I mean. You saved me, and I love you so much. I could never imagine a life without you."

She ended and looked at him to see him beaming. She just wanted to kiss those full lips again, but she knew she would have to wait for that. His chocolate eyes seemed like they were twinkling. Just like Brendon, she couldn't keep her eyes off of him.

Next was Brendon's turn to recite his vows. He dug around in his pockets, looking almost as nervous as she had, and pulled out the piece of paper containing them. He swallowed and took a deep breath before starting to speak. "When I met you back in the dressing room at the concert last year, I couldn't take my eyes off of you. I never believed in love and first sight, always thought it took a lot of time before you learned to love somebody, but you showed me otherwise. I've never felt anything like this for anyone before, and I don't even know how to explain my love to you. I want to wake up with you every morning and fall asleep with you in my arms every single night. I need you in my life more than I'll ever need anything else. I cannot wait to raise this baby and many more with you. You're the only person I could imagine growing old with, and I can't live without you. I love you, Cali," he finished, looking up at her. Tears were streaming down her face and she sniffed as she wiped them away, grinning at him through her tears.

"And now for the rings," the priest cut in, taking the rings from Ryan and Kara, handing the opposite rings to each of them. "Brendon, repeat after me: 'with this ring, I thee wed."

"With this ring, I thee wed," Brendon repeated, sliding the ring onto Cali's finger.

"Now, Cali, repeat after me: 'With this ring, I thee wed."

"With this ring, I thee wed," Cali repeated, sliding the wedding band onto Brendon's finger.

"Do you, Brendon Boyd Urie, take Cali as your lawfully wedded wife?" the priest asked and Brendon nodded.

"I do," he replied, smiling widely.

"And do you, Cali Mae Smith, take Brendon to be your lawfully wedded husband?"

"I do," she smiled back at him.

"I now pronounced you husband and wife. You may now kiss the bride."

At this point, Brendon grabbed his wife and kissed her passionately as everyone cheered and clapped around them. They broke away and turned to face their guests, smiling crazily. They walked back down the aisle, hand in hand, and outside. Soon everyone followed behind. Kara met her new sister-in-law outside, handing her the bouquet and joined the crowd of women behind her as she turned and around and closed her eyes, tossing the flowers behind her. She couldn't help but laugh when she turned around to find the bouquet caught in between both Kara and Izey. Each of them had one hand holding onto a part of it.

"I guess your both getting married next," Cali joked playfully and they laughed.

"Hey, baby, I caught the bouquet," Izey told Gabe as he sauntered over to her with all of Fall Out Boy. Her boyfriend stared at her wide-eyed as she showed it to him.

"Great!" he exclaimed with fake enthusiasm and she giggled, kissing his cheek.

*********

The now married couple sat at a table with their wedding party, watching as their older friends got themselves drunk off of the champagne.

"Why are we with these people?" Cali asked her husband and he giggled, kissing her lips.

""Cause they're our people," he replied.

"We need new people," she told him.

"No, we just need sober people."

"My people are sober. It's yours," she argued, watching Ryan and Pete each down another glass.

"That's because all of your people are underage," he told her and she nodded.

"I want you to cut Ryan off pretty soon. He's gonna get plastered," she told her Brendon and he nodded.

"I know. Either Spence or I will. Don't worry about him," he reassured his wife and she nodded, turning towards her bridal party.

"Andy! I haven't seen you in forever!" Cali exclaimed as she came upon Pete's sister talking to Dani.

"I know! Congratulations!" she exclaimed, hugging the bride. They talked for a few more minutes before Cali made her way back to the center of the table, where she and Brendon were seated. She sat down in her chair while Brendon was off talking to one of his guests. She turned to Kara, who smiled at her.

"Sunnie wants cake," she told Cali and she laughed.

"Okay, Sunnie, I'll see what we can do," Cali replied, rubbing Kara's stomach gently. She could feel the baby kick and she removed her hand, walking off to look for Brendon. "Hey, baby. Sunnie wants cake," the girl told her husband when she found him taking to Spencer and Patrick.

"God, Spence, you're daughter isn't even born yet and she's already a little piglet," Brendon joked with his friend who laughed.

"You don't know the half of it," Spencer replied as Brendon got up.

"Let's go cut Sunnie and everyone else some cake, then," he said, grabbing his wife's hand and walking towards the kitchen. The cake was wheeled out a minute later and they cut a couple of pieces together before Cali gave her husband a devious smile. "What are you doing?"

"Don't you know the tradition?" she asked and he stared at her confused. The nineteen year old girl grabbed a handful of cake and shoved it into his face.

"Oh that tradition," Brendon said. "Then that gives me right to do this." He grabbed a handful of cake and spread it all over his wife's face. She giggled and pressed her lips to his, kissing and licking the frosting of his face. They grabbed some of the already cut up cake and carried it over to the table.

"Looks like you got creamed," a drunken Pete slurred at them as Gabe and Ryan laughed along with him as if it was the funniest thing they had ever heard. The couple looked at each other and rolled there eyes, knowing they were all drunk. They took the cake they held in their hands and shoved it into the three older men's faces, laughing at the surprised expressions they gave.

"Hey, where's my cake?" Izey asked and Cali giggled, pointing over towards the girl's boyfriend.

"Over there on Gabe's face. You have to lick it off. We ran out of forks," Cali explained and Izey rolled her eyes.

"And plates," Brendon added and they giggled, walking away. Brendon then brought cake over to his sister who smiled happily at him.

"I'm glad I don't have to eat off of my boyfriend's face," she told him and he shook his head.

"He's not being a drunken ass. Plus, you might get a hairball from his beard," Brendon teased Spencer. The older boy just laughed and walked back to take a piece of cake over to his godson. He and Cali both watched as Angie tried to have him feed himself. The eight month old stuck his hand in the white cake, squishing it between his fingers, before bringing it up his mouth. With a little help from his daddy. The baby then proceeded to stick both hands in the cake, bringing only one to his mouth and then running the other in his hair.

"Jacob! No!" Angie shrieked, taking his hand and trying to wipe it off. Jacob didn't like that and started screaming, forcing Jon to make Angie stop cleaning him.

"Just let him eat the cake right now. You can always wash him up later," Jon argued with her and she sighed, defeated.

"Fine, but you're giving him a bath when we get home," she told him and he shrugged.

Soon it was time for the two to leave for the start of their honeymoon. They made sure all their friends were gone and that none of the ones who had been drinking were driving. Otherwise known as Ryan. They climbed in the limo that was waiting for them, letting the driver take them to their next location.

"I love you so much, Brendon Urie," Cali told him, kissing his lips deeply.

"And I love you more, Cali Urie," Brendon replied, pressing his lips back to hers, both of them loving the sound of that name.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments would be really appreciated for this chapter! I think I may have mixed up the ceremony events, but I wasn't sure in which order every thing went. Just tell me what you think. I loved the chapter anyway. I also didn't do a certain point of view because I wanted to be in both Cali and Brendon's thoughts without switching point of views back and forth like last chapter.

Oh my god! I cannot believe I got to chapter 100! And amazingly I'm still not done! And they're married!