Status: Finished

But It's Better If You Swear to Shake It Up.

We're having a son!

Pete's P.O.V.

“Are you coming tomorrow?” I asked Ryan, stroking the side of his face affectionately.

“Coming where?” he asked, yawning against my neck.

“To Izey's doctor's appointment. We're finding out the sex of the baby,” I told him and he nodded.

“Of course,” he smiled.

“And then we can look for more stuff to buy him or her. It'll probably be easier if we know whether it's a boy or girl,” I told him and he nodded.

“What do you want? A boy or a girl?” he asked me.

“A boy,” I replied and he looked up at me.

“Really?”

“Yeah. Why? Do you want a girl?” I asked him and he nodded.

“Yes. I think a little girl would be so fun! You get to dress them up in cute little outfits. Plus everyone says they're so much easier than little boys,” he told me and I shrugged.

“I don't think I want to have a girl first, though. I would love to have one in the future, but I think I would rather start with a boy. Sure, girls might be easier when they're babies and toddlers, but I don't know if I could deal with a teenage girl,” I said and Ryan shrugged.

“You would rather deal with a teenage boy?”

“I'd rather not deal with any teenagers for a long time, but yeah. I'd just want some experience first before I have to help with her having a total meltdown,” I explained and he nodded.

“What if the baby is a girl, though?” he asked and I shrugged.

“Then I'll love and care for her. I'm not saying it would be a disaster if we had a girl first, or that I wouldn't love her. She'd still be my daughter. I'm just saying I'd rather have a boy.”

“It's gonna be a boy,” he told me, kissing a tattoo on my chest softly.

“How do you know?” I asked.

“Because we both want it,” he answered.

“I thought you wanted a girl?”

“I want a healthy baby, girl or boy,” Ryan told me and I smiled.

“Well, we'll figure out in the morning,” I told him. “I love you.”

“I love you, too,” he replied, lying down in my side and falling asleep in my arms.

**

“Honestly, I don't like this place,” Ryan confessed to Izey and I as we sat in the examining room waiting for her doctor.

“Neither do I. Why do I have to be here again?” Gabe asked, sitting on the floor in the corner.

“Because you're my boyfriend and you're supposed to be here for me,” Izey answered Gabe, obviously annoyed at the two's whining. “Where the fuck is that doctor?”

“I just saw her. Now she's coming,” I reassured Izey and she smiled. The door opened a minute later and the doctor walked inside with a smile on her face.

“Hello, everybody. How do you feel, Izey?” she asked, looking up from her clipboard.

“Fine. A bit irritated,” Izey answered, giving a glare in Gabe's direction.

“That's normal. So I take it that your Pete's boyfriend,” the doctor turned to Ryan. He nodded and she smiled. “And today you guys all want to find out the sex?”

“That's what we're here for,” Izey replied.

“Well, then, let's get that checked out,” the doctor said, grabbing everything to move it along. We all crowded around the small screen as it booted up, in search of a part that either would or wouldn't be there.

“I don't see anything,” Izey said, turning her head to the side and shaking her head at the ultra sound picture.

“I do. It's right there.” Gabe pointed and I agreed.

“I see it, too.”

“I don't,” Ryan said and he and Izey shook their heads again. The doctor was sitting patiently, waiting for us to turn to her when we couldn't decide whether we saw a penis on the screen or not. We argued for a few more minutes before we turned to look at her.

“Have you figured it out yet?” she asked calmly and we shook our heads. “Well, from what I see here, it looks like you're having a little baby boy. Congratulations!” She pointed to an area where it was very obvious that we were having a boy and I smiled as she printed out the shots. I looked over at Ryan to see him smiling widely at me. He leaned over and kissed me, pulling back and grinning.

“We're having a son!”
♠ ♠ ♠
I didn't really care for this chapter. Which is probably why it's kind of short. I just felt it was needed sometime.