Status: Finished

But It's Better If You Swear to Shake It Up.

She's sweet, cute, and smells very good.

Kara's P.O.V.

"Come on, Sunnie baby, it's time for a nap," I said, picking my daughter up out of her swing. She stared up at me with amazing blue eyes, a trait she had definitely earned from her father. I cradled her to my chest before walking upstairs towards her nursery. I laid her down on the changing table, unsnapping the pink onesie I had put on her. She stretched her legs out for a second, then pulled them back up, curling her small toes and gurgling up at me softly. I smiled down at her, pushing her legs down a bit so I could undo the diaper, lifting her butt to slide it out from under her. I wrapped the diaper up and put in the trash can, grabbing a thing of wipes and another diaper from one of the shelves above. I cleaned her up quickly and placed another diaper on her and snapping her back up. I picked her up gently, and she let out a small baby grunt, making me giggle. "You make so much noise, you know that little girl?"

She let out a coo and kicked her feet as I cradled her back in the crook of my arm, careful to support her neck.

"Oh, is that so?" I asked, opening the door to my bedroom and walking in with her. Even though we had the nursery all set up, I still felt she was too little to sleep in there all by herself. So I had the bassinet right next to my bed. Since Spencer wasn't home and I was by myself, it really didn't matter much. And it was much easier to reach over and pick her up when she's hungry in the middle of the night rather than walking across the hallway to get her. I sat down on the bed, bending my knees up and placing her against them so she sits up. She started bringing her little fists up to her mouth, moving her mouth across her knuckles, something she's picked up on doing when she's hungry.

"Come here, Jem," I said, maneuvering her so I could get her in position to feed her. She ate quicker than normal, so I guess she was pretty hungry. But I just fed her two hours ago. I swear to God, the kid could eat 24/7 if she had the choice. "Are you tired?"

I set her in the bassinet and got up, drawing back the curtains. The room got darker, but since it was day time, it wasn't completely dark. Light still shone in through the light blue curtains. When I sat back down on the bed, I noticed she was still staring up at me. "What?" I asked, grabbing the blanket and tucking it around her, then giving her the bear Spencer had bought her when she was in the hospital. "Do you want your music?" I asked, but she, of course, didn't answer and just continued staring up at me. I smiled and leaned down to kiss her forehead before reaching over and touching my i-pod. Music leaked from the speakers at a soft tone. I rocked the bassinet gently and smoothly while singing along to the music. I watched her eyes flutter closed, then open again. This process repeated a couple more times before they finally closed to signal she was sleeping. I stopped rocking her and laid back on the bed, curling up myself and falling asleep almost suddenly.

********

I squinted my eyes open at the sound of my name being called out softly. I sat up and looked in front of me to see Spencer sitting on the edge of the bed. I smiled widely, extremely happy to see him, and hugged him close to me. He smiled back and hugged me close, kissing my cheek.

"Wha-" I was about to ask a question, but he cut me off by shaking his head. He motioned over at Sunnie, who was still sleeping soundly in her bassinet. I nodded, turning on the baby monitor next to her and grabbing the opposite one, getting up and following Spencer out the door and downstairs to the living room. As soon as we were about to sit on the couch, he spun around and pressed his lips against mine, pulling me into a passionate kiss. I giggled and pushed him back on the couch, ending up with him laying on top of me. He pulled away and entwined our fingers as I stared up at him smiling.

"What are you doing home?" I asked him.

"Our tour got cut two days early," he said, and I furrowed my eyebrows.

"Why?"

"Well, let's just say Pete and Ryan are now fathers," he told me and my eyes went wide.

"Oh my god! Izey went into labor already?" I asked him and he nodded.

"Actually, she already had the baby," Spencer explained and my mouth dropped.

"Is the baby okay? I mean, she was only seven and a half months along!" I said and he nodded.

"I was there for a little bit already. You were sleeping when I came home earlier, and Ryan called and told me about the baby. He's fine, actually. He's really small, but the doctor said he's healthy. Especially for a preemie," he explained.

"Okay, so I take it the baby's a boy. What did the name him?" I asked.

"Kingston. He's extremely adorable. Looks just like Pete," he told me and I smiled.

"I bet. They both must be so happy, aren't they?"

"Ryan's ecstatic. Pete said he has to pry Kingston out of Ry's arms just so he can hold him. He's really happy, too. It's so sweet to see them like that. They're parents now, you know? I never really imagined Ryan and I being parents," he said.

"I never imagined myself being a mom right now either, but I wouldn't give it up for anything," I told him and he nodded.

"Well of course. I love Sunnie. She's one of the best things to happen to me. Now I could never imagine not having her. And she's only a month old," he stated.

"I sure hope you love Sunnie. I don't know how you couldn't. She's sweet, cute, and smells very good," I told him and he giggled.

"I love Sunnie. And I love you, too, Kara," he said, kissing my nose.

"And I love you, Spencer. Now get your daughter, please? I think she'll be happy to see you," I said, hearing Sunnie's cries starting up over the monitor. Spencer smiled and walked away towards the stairs, finally giving me time to relax after three weeks.
♠ ♠ ♠
Don't make me ask. I put in cute baby stuff. Can I please have comments?