Status: Finished

But It's Better If You Swear to Shake It Up.

I don't want a deformed baby!

Cali's P.O.V.

“Hey, guys,” I said when we opened the hospital door. Ryan looked up and smiled, holding a little white bundle in his arms.

“Hey,” he smiled up at Brendon and I as we walked over to sit down next to him.

“How's baby?” I asked, moving the blanket down so I could see his face. “Aw, he's sleeping.”

“He should be. He was up all night,” Ryan said, loosening his grip and handing him over to me. I cradled him gently in my arms, making sure to cover him up. His brown eyes opened slightly at the move and he gave a wide yawn before kicking his feet out from under the blankets. He brought his fists up to his mouth, but they were covered by sleeves so he couldn't scratch his face. He gave a little snort before giving out a whine. His newborn cry came out in a series of snorts and whines as he kicked his feet. Pete's head shot up from where he had been sleeping in the pull out couch/chair and he looked around at the sound of the cry.

“Sh, Kingston, you're okay,” I said, rocking him lightly to try to calm him down. He kept crying and Ryan leaned over and looked down at him.

“What's your problem, baby boy?” he asked, putting his hand on his cheek. “I think he pooped,” he then informed me as a nasty expression crossed his face. I laughed and handed the baby back over to him, who took him over to the hospital crib and placed him down on the bed, grabbing a diaper and wipes from the bottom shelf and unwrapping his son from the blanket. “Now don't you dare pee on me,” he warned, opening up the diaper. He grabbed three wipes and tried to quickly wipe him off, but he didn't seem to move fast enough. As soon as Ryan picked up the diaper to place it on him, Kingston decided it was time to pee. “Ah! Kingston!” Ryan jumped to grab another wipe, pressing it down to stop the stream from getting all over him. As soon as he was sure the baby was done peeing, he pulled his hand away and quickly put the diaper on him, wrapping the blanket around him and picking him up. “Didn't I tell you not to pee on me?”

“Where's Izey at?” I asked Pete and he looked towards the bed, scrunching up his nose.

“I don't know. I've been sleeping for a while I guess,” he said shrugging. “Hey, baby, where'd Izey go?”

“Um, she was supposed to go to the vending machine. She left right before Brendon and Cali got here,” Ryan answered, sitting down on the bed. Just as if on cue, the door opened to reveal Izey walking in, followed by Gabe and Brooke.

“Did you seriously just walk around the hospital in your nightgown?” I asked her and she nodded.

“I can't put regular clothes on, and at least I'm not wearing one of those hospital gowns that shows off your ass. Plus I've been cooped up in this bed for since yesterday. I needed to walk,” she told me, sitting back down on the bed and smiling down at Kingston, who was now wide awake and looking all around the room.

“Can you hand me that other shirt, babe?” Ryan asked Pete and he nodded, grabbing a shirt out of the bag next to his chair and tossing it at Ryan.

“Why are you changing your shirt?” Brooke asked him as he slipped the dirty one over his head.

“Kingston pissed on him,” Pete laughed from the corner.

“Again?” Gabe asked and he nodded. “Geez. That's what, the tenth time?”

“No. It's the second. He peed on Pete this morning, remember?” Ryan answered. He picked Kingston back up and sat back own next to Brendon and I. “Who wants him now?” he asked looking between Brendon and Brooke.

“Bren can hold him if he wants,” Brooke said and Ryan looked over at Brendon, who held out his arms. Ryan placed Kingston carefully down in Brendon's arms.

“Hey little man,” he said, smiling down at him. Kingston's brown eyes were open wide staring up at Brendon fully alert.

“So what are you guys doing today?” Brooke asked me when I looked away from Brendon, who was now talking animatedly to Kingston.

“I have a doctor's appointment at two. So we stopped by to see Ryan, Pete, and Kingston and kill time,” I told her and she nodded.

“What are you guys finding out today?” she asked and I shrugged.

“Whatever. It's just a check up, really. I have a couple more weeks until we find out the sex,” I said.

She nodded, continuing to smile over at Kingston. “He's so cute.”

“I know. Pete did a good job,” I said laughing and she nodded.

“You know what, you guys. I think we should give you a baby shower,” she told Ryan and Pete.

“A baby shower? Isn't that a girl thing?” Pete asked.

“I thought guys weren't allowed at baby showers,” Ryan said.

“So what? We can have a nontraditional baby shower. You are a nontraditional couple, anyway,” Brooke said and they shrugged.

“If you want to set it up,” Ryan said and Brooke smiled.

“I do.”

**

We left the hospital a little bit after that. Now we're sitting in the waiting room to get into the doctor for my appointment.

“So you're sure we can't find out the sex today?” Brendon asked, leaning into my arm and I nodded.

“They make it very clear you have to wait until your five months pregnant before you can figure out the sex. It's because it's still not clear through the ultra sound,” I told him, feeling a wave of nausea hit me. I put my hand to my stomach and I sat back more, looking over at the clock.

“Are you okay?” he asked and I sighed.

“Baby's being a shit, right now,” I answered and he nodded, putting his hand to my lower stomach. “Sing something.”

“What do you want me to sing?” he asked and I shrugged.

“I don't care. Sing something to calm the baby down. Your voice should do the trick,” I told him and he took a breath before opening up his mouth.

If all our life is but a dream
Fantastic posing greed
Then we should feed our jewelery to the sea
For diamonds do appear to be
Just like broken glass to me

And then she said she can't believe
Genius only comes along
In storms of fabled foreign tongues
Tripping eyes, and flooded lungs
Northern downpour sends its love

Hey moon, please forget to fall down
Hey moon, don't you go down-”

He stopped singing when the door opened.

“Cali Urie?” the nurse asked, looking up at me. I stood up along with Brendon, grabbing his hand as we walked down the hallway to the examining room. “Okay, I just need to check your weight and everything. So if you could come over and step on the scale.” The woman motioned over to the doctor's scale, which I stepped onto. She took my weight and then left us in the room alone, telling us the doctor would be in to see me in a little bit.

“Did the baby calm down?” Brendon asked, sitting on the stool next to the chair thing I was sitting on.

“A little bit. I feel extremely hungry right now, though,” I told him and he smiled while leaning over to move my shirt up my stomach. He traced shapes across my stomach and smiled. He pressed a kiss to my bellybutton and wrapped his arms around my waist, laying his head against my stomach. I reached my hand down and touched the top of his head, twisting strands of his hair in my fingers. “I love you, Brendon,” I whispered to him.

“I love you, too, Cals,” he answered, his lips ghosting over my stomach with each word. Yet again we were interrupted by the door opening. He didn't move from me as the doctor walked through the door, smiling down at us.

“Hey. How are you today?” she asked me and I smiled, moving my fingers through Brendon's dark hair just before he sat up.

“I'm really good,” I said.

“How are you feeling? Are you still getting morning sickness and that?” she asked, siting down on her own stool.

“Some days. The baby has been acting up a little bit, but that's just when I don't eat quickly enough or whatever,” I answered and she nodded.

“So, we're just doing a check up. But I will have to take some blood work,” she said and I crinkled my nose.

“Now that doesn't sound fun,” I told her and she smiled.

“Not for you,” she answered and my eyes went wide. “I'm just joking with you, Cali. Calm down.”

**

“So, let's see if we can find this little baby on the screen,” the doctor said, moving the wand over my stomach. I strained my neck to see as Brendon peered over me, struggling to read the ultra sound. “Well, that's quite odd,” she said, looking a bit confused while she looked it over.

“What's the matter?” I asked, equally as confused as her.

“It seems like there's three hands.... Yes, there is!” the doctor exclaimed and I watched Brendon's eyes go wide.

“NO! My baby's deformed!?!?” he looked shocked as I looked at my doctor.

“What's wrong with it?” I asked and she shook her head, trying to dismiss both of our reactions.

“No, listen. It seems there might be two babies in there. Let's change the position a little bit,” she moved the wand over to the other side of my stomach and we got a view of, sure enough, two little figures on the screen. Brendon, who didn't understand the ultra sound picture, was still freaking out next to me, though.

“What's wrong with the baby? Cali, is there something wrong with the baby?” he asked still staring at me wide-eyed. “I don't want a deformed baby! Not that I wouldn't love it anymore, but-” I shushed him quickly and grabbed his hand, pointing to the screen.

“Brendon, no! Our baby is not deformed. Look closer. There's two of them,” I told him, but he still looked confused. “Brendon we're having twins!”
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments?