Status: Finished

But It's Better If You Swear to Shake It Up.

I want them to look like you.

Cali's P.O.V.

“Brooke! Brooke! Brooke!” I yelled, running to the counter where my boss and friend were standing. “Carson! Carson! Carson!”

“What? What? What?!” they asked, as I jumped on the counter. Business was slow at this time of day, so I wasn't disrupting customers or anything.

“We're having twins!” I yelled and they both looked at me confused. “You know, Brendon and I?”

“Oh my god, that's great!” Carson yelled, jumping up.

“You're having twins! That's crazy!” Brooke's eyes went wide.

“It's awesome, right?” I asked her and she nodded wildly.

“Fucking great! Brendon's so happy, isn't he? Or his he freaking out?” she asked.

“He's as ecstatic as I am,” I told her and she grinned.

“This calls for celebration. Carson, get the blender!” Brooke yelled, running back to grab a bunch of stuff to make me a smoothie. I giggled while they hurried around, grabbing ingredients to throw in. I could tell they were probably very bored.

“I can help you guys with that if you'd like,” I offered, but Brooke shook her head.

“No. This is your day off, and this is your gift because it's free. You're having twins! And you're not even showing yet!” she told me, pushing me to sit down in one of the chairs.

“I am too! Look, there's a bump right here!” I said, lifting up my shirt and showing her the ever growing bump on my lower stomach. She smiled and put her hand to it before walking back behind the counter.

“So, what are you guys doing? And where's Brendon at?” Carson asked rather loudly as she turned on the blender.

“He went to Kara's to see Sunnie and tell her and Spencer the good news. I think Jon and Jacob are there, too,” I told her. “And I don't know what we're going to do tonight. I'm kind of tired, but maybe I can talk my husband into talking me out to dinner. Or the movies, because those sound like fun,” I said, thinking.

“It does,” Brooke agreed.

“I just went to the movies, like, two nights ago,” Carson said.

“With who?” I asked and she gave a small smile.

“William,” she said, pouring my drink and my mouth dropped.

“No you didn't! You liar,” I said and she shook her head while taking a drink of her own. Brooke gave her a look and she pulled five dollars out of her pocket and stuffed it into the cash register.

“I'm not lying. He asked me to go to the movies with him, so I went. I had a lot of fun, too,” she said coolly and I laughed.

“Aw, looks like someone has a crush on William!” I cooed and her face went red.

“It wasn't a date or anything. It was just two friends going to the movie theater,” she shrugged and I rolled my eyes.

“Whatever. You still like him,” I said and she opened her mouth to object, but I didn't let her. “You can't even deny it. I saw how you guys were all flirty at my house after Sunnie was born. You bat your eyelashes at him and he undresses you with his eyes. It was an obvious scene,” I told her and her face flushed a deeper red, making Brooke and I laugh.

“We were not,” Carson tried to defend, and I snorted.

“You were to. It's cool though, your secrets safe with me. You guys would be a cute couple anyway. But be careful, he does have a pregnant ex,” I warned.

“Is it his baby?” she asked.

“I think so. But Will said there's a tiny bit of him that's not sure. He's waiting to find out,” I told her and she nodded.

“He didn't mention that to me,” she said.

“He probably didn't want to ruin your guys' good time talking about his ex-girlfriend who he can't stand. And some girls don't like hearing the guy may be expecting a child on their first date. Even if it wasn't a date,” I added, noticing the look on her face.

“I wouldn't worry about it, though. He obviously likes you,” Brooke told her and she nodded.

“I hope so,” she said softly and I nodded.

“He does. Gabe, Brendon, and Izey even think so. You know Gabe and William talk all the time,” I told her and she seemed to perk up a little bit.

**

“Hey, babe,” Brendon said, giving me a kiss when I walked in the door. “I thought you were stopping by Kara's for a little bit while I was there.”

“I thought I was, and then I stayed a long time at the Smoothie Hut and then went to see how Kingston was doing and tell Ryan, Pete, and Izey what was going on. They all told me to tell you congratulations,” I told him, giving him another kiss before sitting down in the chair next to him and picking up my ultrasound picture he had obviously been carrying around. He was a proud daddy.

“I know. Pete and Ryan called and congratulated me. I was like, how the hell did you know already, and they said you had told them. Then he went on to tell me about him being all excited that they might be taking Kingston home next week,” he explained and I nodded.

“I know. The doctor said he's becoming a very healthy boy for a preemie, and they just want to keep track of his growing progress for another week to make sure he's gaining enough weight. He probably going to be small for a while, though,” I told him and he nodded.

“Well, Pete's pretty small height wise, and he doesn't have that big of a build,” Brendon added and I nodded.

“He's a short little man,” I giggled. “But Kingston's gonna be so lucky to have his daddy's looks. He has Izey's dark eyes, but everything else seems to come from Pete. He's going to be one cute little boy and teenager, though,” I told Brendon and he nodded.

“Oh yeah. All of the kids seem to have taken their looks after their daddies. I wonder what our babies are going to look like,” he said and I shrugged.

“I hope they look like you,” I told him.

“Really? I want them to have a little bit of both of us in them,” he told me and I shook my head.

“I want them to look just like you. Beautiful big brown eyes, brown hair, tiny little freckles, full lips. I want identical twins that look just like my gorgeous husband,” I told him, leaning my hand over to move my hand across his face.

“Okay, fine. But I want them to have piercing blue eyes like my wife,” he told me.

“Whatever. Guess we won't find out for another five months,” I told him.

“Hopefully.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments?