Status: Finished

But It's Better If You Swear to Shake It Up.

There is that.

One month later.

Jon's P.O.V.

"Hey, monster," I said, smiling as Jacob walked to me when I opened the door. I picked him up gently and kissed his cheek. "Where's mommy?" I asked, earning a gurgled response in return. "Oh yeah, what's she doing there?"

"You know, I'm honestly starting to believe that you can actually understand him." I turned around and saw Angie staring at me from the kitchen doorway.

"Sometimes I think I really can. His face lights up when I answer a question like that's the answer to what he really did ask. Or maybe it's just because he's so easily pleased," I said, squeezing him tightly and making him giggle.

"Possibly," she answered, laughing. She walked over and gave me a short kiss, then turned to Jake and kissed his head. "Can you believe, that in about three weeks, he'll be a year old?" she asked, smoothing her hand over his light brown hair.

"No way. It really doesn't feel like I've been a father for a whole year," I told her, staring at my son.

"I know. It's gone by way too fast," she agreed lightly. "How's Kingston?"

I laughed. "Kingston's fine. It's Ryan and Pete I'm worried about. I don't think either of them have slept a whole night since they brought him home. Which is expected of Pete, but Ryan was used to sleeping almost ten hours."

"Aw, so I take it Kingston doesn't sleep through the night then."

"No. Pete says he still hasn't gotten on a schedule of sleeping during the night and staying awake during the day. He just sleeps all day. And Ryan seems to think he has a nocturnal son..." I told her, shaking my head.

"Probably because he's pretty nocturnal himself," she answered, then a smile spread across her face. "Did Brendon get a hold of you earlier?"

"No, why?"

"He called me up earlier, and he was ecstatic. He and Cali went to the doctor today for a check-up, and they found out the sex of the twins," she told me and I nodded.

"What are they?"

"He said they're having two little-" She was cut off by my phone ringing.

"Hello?" I answered, my face dropping when I realized who was on the other line. It was Mark, our tour manager, and I knew he was calling to give me the days I would have to leave my family once again to go out on tour. I mean, I love touring, but I've barely spent any time with my son and wife for the past three months. I really miss them on the road, too. "Oh, hey, what's up?"

"I just wanted to discuss your schedule with you. I do have some good news about it, so don't be bummed out yet, Jon," he told me and I sat back to listen while Angie leaned into my arms.

"And what would that good news be?" I asked.

"Well I know that you, being he great father you are, will want to be home to celebrate Jacob's first birthday with him and Angie. So I'm going to give you guys a couple days off at the beginning of August."

"Yeah, that'll be great! Thank you so much Mark!" I answered and Angie raised her eyebrows. I gave her a gesture to say, "I'll explain later"

"And I've had Spencer, Ryan, and Brendon all arguing with me about spending so much time away from home what with Sunnie and Kingston born and Cali pregnant. Now of course I don't want to upset the fans, but I need a happy band to play, so your two month tours are being shortened for a longer break. I don't think the boys are extremely satisfied with the schedule, but they're satisfied to be home more all the same," he said and I nodded.

"I bet. We are all proud daddies now, you know?" I said and I could hear him laugh on the other end of the phone.

"Of course I know. Who could forget. It's a good thing, though. Your girlfriends, and wives, are extremely lucky."

"Yeah they are. Especially our sons and daughters," I agreed.

"Well I'm glad you like the new schedule. I'll let you go now so you can spend time with the family. Talk to you later, Jon," he said.

"Yeah. Bye Mark," I said into the phone before pressing the end call button. I turned to Angie and kissed her forehead, making her smile up at me and cuddle closer.

"What was that about?" she asked.

"Mark wanted to discuss tour dates," I told her and she nodded.

"I figured that. But you don't seem pissed off, so it must be good," she said and I nodded.

"He told us that we're getting more time at home during breaks and less on tour," I said and her eyes went wide.

"So that means you're getting longer breaks then, right?"

"Yup. Mark said he's moving it all around to try and make Ryan, Spencer, and Brendon. Probably Pete, too," I told her.

"It will be great to have you all home," she agreed. "I know Kara, Pete, Cali, and I will be happy. And you'll get to spend time with your kids."

"That's definitely a plus," I nodded, watching my son dawdle around the living room, gibbering to his toys as he played with them.

"Hm, it's almost time for him to go to bed," she said, watching him just as I had been.

"Why? What time does he usually go to bed?" I asked.

"Well, no later than ten. But he keeps rubbing his eyes."

"Do you still give him baths before he goes to bed?" I asked her and she nodded.

"You want to grab him and bring him upstairs?" she asked and I nodded, getting up and walking towards him. I picked him up and he laughed, leaning into my shoulder and hugging me. I smiled and kissed the top of his head, carrying him up the stairs behind Angie.

"I'm just going to run the water and get it to the right temperature, she said, turning into the bathroom and I nodded and walked into the nursery. I undressed him gently, throwing his clothes in the little hamper next to his changing table. I removed his diaper, and grabbed a soft towel to wrap him in. I picked up the bundle in my arms and walked into the bathroom where Angie had the bath ready. I unwrapped the towel from around him and placed him inside the bathtub lightly. He laughed and splashed the water, trying to eat the bubbles. I quickly sat him up, not wanting him to inhale the water or anything he could possibly do. I sat on the side of the tub and grabbed the wash cloth, putting soap on it and washing his face, hair, and everything else.

"Hey, Jacob, you're getting me all wet!" I laughed, splashing the water at him. His eyes went wide as it hit him in the face, and he stared at my confused for a minute, blinking. "Are you ready to get out?"

He didn't answer, which was expected. I pulled the plug to let the water drain, and grabbed him out of it. I laid him down on the towel and wrapped him up, picking him up and carrying him back to the nursery. I laid him on the changing table and grabbed a diaper, quickly putting it on him. I grabbed some pajamas from his drawer and put those on him, too. Angie walked in just as I picked him up to put him in his crib.

"Night-night, baby," she said, kissing his cheek.

"Say night-night mommy," I said.

"I love you, baby," I told him, putting him down in his crib. He pushed his lips out as if to pucker them, and I laughed while leaning down to kiss him.

"Good night," Angie and I said together, shutting his door and walking to our own bedroom.

"So what do you usually do now?" I asked her and she shrugged.

"I don't know. I know what we could do, though," she said, smiling deviously as she walked closer to me.

"Oh yeah? And what would that be?" I asked, smirking as she kissed me. "Well, there is that."
♠ ♠ ♠
I think this is the first chapter I ever wrote in Jon's point of view.

I'm really sorry for the wait. I know it's been almost two weeks, but the computer was down. Here it is, comment please?