Status: Finished

But It's Better If You Swear to Shake It Up.

It's Not Fair.

Pete's P.O.V.

I ran into the hospital to see my boyfriend leaning against the wall with his head in his hands. I felt myself begin to panic as I rushed over to him, dropping down to his level.

"Ryan, what's going on? Where's Kingston? Is he okay?!" I asked and he looked up at me through puffy red eyes.

"I don't know," he inhaled sharply, his voice shaking. "They won't tell me a damn thing! My son is in there hooked up on some kind of god damn machine and no one will tell me what the fuck is going on!" He started raising his voice and I wrapped my arms around him. He broke down again on my shoulder as I looked to see a nurse walking past us.

"Is everything alright? Does he need help?" she asked, concern covering her face.

"Our son just went into the emergency room. He's just extremely upset," I told her, wiping the tears from my own eyes.

"Is the little boy who just came in your's?" she asked and I nodded. "I'll tell you what; I'm going to go back and see what's going on. Then I'll come back and let you know, okay?" she asked and I nodded.

"Thank you," I told her, as she turned to walk away. She gave me a sympathetic smile before walking through the hallway. "Ryan," I muttered, playing with the ends of his hair as he looked up at me.

"Why does this have to happen? He's just a baby," he sniffled and I nodded.

"I know," I said, rubbing his back. The nurse from before returned and walked back towards us.

"They moved him into a room in the ICU. He's stabilized and breathing, and the doctor said you can go into the room with him. But I'm going to warn you, Pete, he has tubes in his nose and mouth and is hooked up to wires. It will be a bit upsetting for you and Mr. Ross," she told me and I leaned into my boyfriend.

"Ry, come on. Let's go see Kingston," I said, helping him up and leading him towards the room the nurse was showing us to.

We walked into the area, closing it off with the curtain. Ryan choked up at the sight of Kingston, stopping and sitting down in the chair as he buried his face in his hands. I walked closer to the little bed they had Kingston in. I swallowed as I looked him over, taking in all that was happening.

He was hooked up to machines like they had said. There were tubes in his nose, and a couple of wires taped onto his little chest. But it was rising and falling, meaning he was breathing now. His chocolate eyes were closed and his face was blank, it almost made me worried.

"He's just sleeping. The doctor wants to keep him sedated so he doesn't freak out or try to pull on the chords and tubes. He's fine, Pete. Well, you know what I mean," the nurse told me, standing next to me.

"What happened, anyway?" I asked, cautiously touching my little boy's cheek.

"He had bronchiolar pneumonia. That on top of him being born prematurely caused his breathing to get blocked off. You guys are very lucky you were already at the doctor's office when it happened."

"Yeah, we were. I just can't help thinking... what if he was taking a nap or something and this happened? He could be dead right now," I said, a tear rolling down my cheek.

"Now, don't think like that! All that matters is he's fine now! We're going to take good care of him, and make him healthy again. He's in good hands, guys," she told me, looking between Ryan and I.

"Thanks..." I trailed off, realizing I didn't even know her name.

"Macy," she answered, seeming to understand my confusion.

"Thank you, Macy," I told her and she smiled. "And of course you already know who we are."

She smiled warmly. "I know a couple of your friends," she answered.

"Like who?" I questioned and she laughed.

"I believe you know Taylar. She was the nurse who took care of Kingston when he was first born," she told me.

"Yeah, we know Taylar. She was very sweet."

"Well, she's my best friend here. And right now she's on vacation to visit her boyfriend, Adam," Macy explained.

It took me a minute to understand what she was saying and then my face broke into a smile.

"No way! I didn't know she was Sisky's girlfriend!" I said, surprised.

"Fiance as of tonight. If she says yes that is."

"Holy shit! I really had no idea!"

"Yeah, it's really quite cute if you ask me," she laughed.

"I bet. So what about you? Are you dating one of my friends that I should know about?" I asked her and she laughed.

"No. Sorry to disappoint."

I smiled and sat back, running my fingers over Kingston's forehead.

"It's so sad to see him like this. He's just so tiny. It seems so wrong," I said.

"It is. But he's going to get better. He has two daddies that love him and are going to be here for him the whole time, I can already tell," she said, looking between Ryan and I.

"He's the best thing that ever happened to us. I know I'd be lost without him, and Ryan's already heart broken," I said, looking at him.

"Stay strong for him. That's all you need to do," she told me and I nodded. I leaned down and placed a gentle kiss to his cheek.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yeah, it's short. But I'm not satisfied. I think you know why.
I had no motivation to write this chapter. I hate feeling like I always have to go on a huge rant to get comments for this story.

Merry Christmas. I probably won't be updating until after then anyway.