Status: Finished

But It's Better If You Swear to Shake It Up.

We Don't Fight Fair

One month later - August

Cali's P.O.V.

"Geez, Wentz, have you slept at all since Ryan left? You look like shit," I told him when he opened the door.

He smiled and let me through. "No, actually I haven't. I'm usually awake at night giving Kingston his breathing treatment and making sure he's breathing right while he's sleeping," Pete replied and I smiled understandingly.

"I know you're worried, Pete, but you have to sleep sometime, too. And the doctor said he'll be fine. It's been a month and Kingston's breathing has been fine. Relax, papa," I told him, touching his shoulder and he nodded.

"I know. I just can't help but worry. I can't go through that again. I'll lose my mind," he told me and I laughed.

"What mind?" I asked playfully. He stuck his tongue out at me. "Where is your baby boy anyway?"

"Over there with his aunt and soon to be uncle," he said pointing into the living room where Joe and Andy were sitting with Kingston.

"When did they get in town?" I asked.

"The whole band flew in this morning. I guess they thought a surprise visit seemed needed," he said, smiling.

"Well that's nice. It is kind of lonely with everyone gone. I mean, Carson and Izey are gone, too. That's a bit weird for me to have them go out on tour. And the doctor said I wasn't allowed to go with Brendon," I said, rubbing my inflated stomach.

"Well, you are seven months pregnant. It probably would not have been the smartest thing for you to travel all over the place heavily pregnant," he told me and I nodded.

"I know. I just really miss him, like usual," I said, walking towards the living room.

"Holy hell, mommy!" Andy said, going wide-eyed when she saw me. Joe and Patrick smiled at me, but I knew they probably thought what Andy dared to say.

"Shut up, Wentz. Wait until Joe knocks you up. You'll feel it, too," I told her, rolling my eyes and she smiled before standing up to hug me.

"And let's hope that's a long time from now," she smiled, patting my back and I laughed.

"A very long time. I don't think Joe deserves to be castrated at such a young age," I said, smiling at him as Pete grinned.

"No, I like my dick in my pants," Joe said, covering his crotch.

"And that's exactly where it should stay," Pete agreed as Hurley walked in the room.

"Hey, Cali," he greeted me with a hug.

"What's up, Andy?" I asked hugging back.

"Not much. I think I have major jet lag from the plane though," he laughed.

"I wouldn't know how that feels," I answered.

"Anyway, how's the babies?" Andy Wentz asked me and I smiled before putting my hand back to my stomach.

"Growing. And kicking. Mollie's been pissed since my husband left," I told her and Pete laughed.

"You know which is which?" he asked.

"No, but I'm just guessing which kick is from which baby. It kind of saves time, I guess," I shrugged. "They both start kicking like hell when I just talk to Brendon on the phone, though."

"That's cute. I hold the phone up to Kingston every time Ryan calls, but he just sits there and stares at it expressionless. The other day he did scream, though, and Ryan freaked out," Pete said, grabbing his son's feet.

"Was he scared, or just freaking out because he made a noise?"

"Ryan started yelling at me to make sure he was okay, so I think he was scared," Pete answered.

"Oh, great. You already got everyone freaking out over everything you do, bud. I can't imagine your teenage years," I laughed, holding onto his hand.

"Hell, I don't even wanna think about that," Pete shook his head and so did Andy.

"No, we like a little baby Kingston! Not a monster of a teenager," Andy said, bouncing him up slightly.

"Where's Dani?" I asked Patrick, noticing my longtime friend was anywhere in the room with her boyfriend.

"Outside yelling at Izey and Gabe," he answered and I looked at him confused.

"Izey and Gabe are here? I thought they were supposed to be on tour now," I asked.

"They're on the phone. Izey called Dani, freaking out over something. I guess she and Gabe are fighting pretty bad," Patrick told me and I sighed.

"I bet. Izey's a bitch when she's mad. And I don't think Gabe's exceptionally nice either," I said and he shook his head.

"No, he's got a bit of a temper. I don't know how Dani's going to handle it, but she seems to think she can," he shrugged and I rolled my eyes.

"I'll be right back," I said, walking to the back porch to see Dani sitting with a phone in one hand and her head in the other.

"Isabella, I don't even know what you're fighting about, how am I supposed to help you?" Dani asked into the phone as more yelling erupted. "No, I'm not on his side! I'm not on any body's fucking side! Shut up a minute, Iz!"

"Give me the phone," I told Dani and she handed it to me. "What is your problem, Izey?"

"I'm not the one with the fucking problem, he is!" she said and I heard something smash as she probably threw it at Gabe's head.

"Tell me what the fuck is going on, and quit throwing shit! Both of you!" I yelled into the phone.

"Don't call me a fucking skank! That's not what happened and you know it!" Izey yelled away from the phone and I heard him yell back. "He thinks I'm cheating on him!" she said, this time to me.

"Why?"

"I don't know! Because he's a crazy nut job!" Izey yelled.

"Because I found you in bed with Nate! What the hell would you think?" Gabe yelled in the background and my eyes went wide.

"Izey, what did you do?" I asked her and I could almost feel the angry tears that she had pouring from her eyes.

"We weren't doing anything!" she yelled, probably for the millionth time.

"Then why were you laying in bed with him?" Gabe yelled at her.

"He was comforting me!" she yelled back at him.

"Why would he need to be comforting you?" Gabe asked, his voicing rising just a bit more.

"Because I think I'm pregnant!" she yelled, letting out a sob, and my mouth fell open.

********

Izey's P.O.V.

"Cali, I think I'm going to have to call you back," I muttered into the phone.

"Okay," she said and I flipped the phone shut before looking up at Gabe.

"You-you're pregnant?" he asked, stunned.

"I don't know for sure. I just think I am," I said quietly.

"Why didn't you tell me?" he asked.

"I didn't want you to freak out," I answered, not looking him in the eyes.

"So you told Nate instead?" he asked.

"Are you mad I didn't tell you?" I asked and he sighed.

"I'm upset that you told my best friend something you couldn't even tell me. Especially since this would be a huge part of my life, too," he said. "But the only time I was mad was when I thought I caught you with Nate."

"So you're not mad anymore?" I asked, and he came over to sit down next to me.

"No. I'm terrified, but I'm not mad," he said and I giggled as he wrapped his arms around me.

"I'm sorry, Gabey," I said, snuggling my head into his neck.

"You've got nothing to be sorry for, Iz. Now come on. The bus is parked and we gotta go to the store," he said, getting up and dragging my hand behind him.