Status: Finished

But It's Better If You Swear to Shake It Up.

You And Gabe Can Make Pretty Babies If You Want

Gabe's P.O.V.

"There's so many different kinds. How do you know which one to use?" I asked Izey as I stared at all of the brands and boxes in front of me.

"Oh please, there's not that many. There's probably more brands of condoms here than there are pregnancy tests," she rolled her eyes before grabbing boxes and looking at them.

"Yeah, but I don't have to be so exclusive with condoms. I don't think I've ever had to look over a box to make sure whether it's effective or not," I told her, looking over one of the boxes in my hand.

"Well, maybe you should, because they must not be working that well if we're sitting here doing this," she told me, grabbing four boxes and walking away towards the cash register. I put the box back down on the shelf and followed after her.

"Come on, let's get this over with," I said, wrapping my arm around her as we walked out the door and down the couple of blocks to where the bus was parked.

The walk back was quiet, and just by looking at her face, I could tell Izey was thinking hard about everything.

"Relax, Iz. We're gonna be okay," I told her, kissing her forehead.

"I really wish I could believe that," she answered, breaking away from me and walking up the stairs to enter the bus. I followed her up as Victoria met her at the door.

"Did you get what you need?" she asked Izey and she nodded. "Okay, come on back here. We'll figure it out."

They walked back towards the little bathroom in the middle of the bus. I followed, but was stopped at the bathroom by the door shutting in my face.

"Hello! That was my nose!" I yelled to the closed door.

"What's your point?" Victoria yelled back as I heard one of the boxes open.

"Open the fucking door," I told her and it came open.

"There isn't enough room in here for you," she told me and I rolled my eyes.

"Then maybe you should leave."

"You both should leave. I do need to pee to actually take these tests," Izey said, trying to push me out the door.

"Why do I have to leave? I've seen you naked a million times, and this could possibly be my child," I told her and she shot me a look.

"Fine. Victoria, if you could step out for a minute, please. And grab me something to drink, because I only have enough pee so far to take on of these," she asked and Victoria nodded before leaving. I shut the door behind her. "Now turn around. I don't want you to watch me pee."

"What's the big deal?" I asked, turning around.

"I'm just not comfortable with people seeing me pee. It's kind of a personal thing. Okay, I'm done," she told me, allowing me to turn around to see her put that one on the counter.

************

"I'm so happy that was the last one. I don't think my bladder can take anymore," Izey said, finally done with the fourth pregnancy test and waiting for it to be done.

"This one's negative," Vicky announced and Izey's head perked up.

"Yes!" she breathed out.

"You still have three more to go. Don't get too excited," Nate reminded her from the kitchen.

"Shut up," she called out to him, sitting on my lap in the hallway outside of the bathroom. It was full, with Victoria, Taylar, and Carson in there. I was sitting outside with William and Izey as Adam and Nate roamed around the rest of the bus. "Why couldn't he have gone on your bus?" Izey asked William and he laughed.

"He didn't want to." William shrugged.

"I think he wants me to be pregnant," she told me and I shrugged.

"He probably does. Victoria does. And I'm pretty sure Carson and Taylar do, too," I told her and she wrinkled her nose.

"But I don't want a baby now," she told me and I nodded.

"I know you don't. And you're probably not even pregnant," I told her.

"I think you guys should have a baby," William said and she looked at him. "Seriously. You guys would make pretty babies."

"Yeah, you and Gabe would make pretty babies, too, but I don't see that happening anytime soon," Izey told him and he laughed.

"You don't know. We've been known to do some pretty weird things," he said and I shrugged.

"There you go then, Gabe. If you want babies, you can go see William," she said and I laughed.

"You're funny, babe," I told her, kissing her nose. "No, the only person I want to make pretty little babies with is you."

"You want babies?" she asked and I nodded.

"Sometime. I mean, maybe not right now, but I want a kid before I get too old," I told her.

"You're only twenty-eight," she informed me.

"I know that. I didn't say right now was the perfect time. Don't freak out on me, I'm saying that whenever you're ready, I'll be ready," I told her.

"But what if I'm never ready?"

"You'll be ready. I know you, Bell, and I know there will be a time when you want what you think you can't have," I told her and she looked confused. "You'll understand."

"You know. you're the only person I've let call me Bell since my grandmother died. My mom's not even allowed to call me that," she told me and I wrapped my arms around her.

"I wonder why that is."

"Because I absolutely love you. And it sounds amazing when you say my name," she said, giving me a quick kiss. "And I know you won't take no for an answer."

"I love you, too," I said, ignoring her last sentence and she rolled her eyes.

"Iz, you're not pregnant," Taylar told her and she turned to look.

"They're all negative," Carson continued, and Izey smiled.

"Thank god!" she said, turning around to hug me.

I gave her a smile, but it was half-hearted. "That's great!" I said, hugging her to me and giving her a kiss.

"Okay, now let me go. I have to pee so bad," she said and I let her stand up as the bathroom cleared out.

I stood up and walked back to the bunks, followed by William.

"You look disappointed," he told me.

"Is it obvious?" I asked, yanking off my hoodie and throwing it down on the floor.

"No, I just know you," he said, sitting in my bunk. "Gabe, why don't you talk to her?"

"She doesn't want a baby, Will. I can't force it on her," I told him.

"You can still tell her how you feel," he told me. "You can have my child."

"I don't want your bastard child, Bill," I told him and he laughed.

"Neither does Mindy. She wants me to take her so she can 'go back to school'," he told me.

"Are you going to take her?"

"Yeah, I am. She's my daughter, and I just can't leave her with her mother," he said and I nodded.

"Somebody needs to. You'll be good with her. You're obviously supposed to have her, and it could be worse," I told him.

"How you figure?"

"She could leave you with twins."

"That's not funny."