Status: Finished

But It's Better If You Swear to Shake It Up.

Some Babies Don't.

Cali's P.O.V.

I couldn't even get a hold of myself as everything moved around me in a blur. Everything hurt. My head was spinning. I could steal feel sharp pains shoot through my stomach. My heart was aching. And I was still bleeding.

I could feel the tears stream down my face at an unstoppable rate as they moved me around the hospital. I still had no idea what was going on with me, all the words everyone was saying were just a dull roaring in my ears. I watched Brendon talk to the doctor, but I didn't feel like I was there. I reached my hand to my stomach and looked down at it. It was still the same size, and I could only hope and pray everything was okay with the two little girls inside of it. I don't know what I would do if anything happened to them. They were already my life.

I looked up to see Taylar in front of me, and the spell that seemed to envelope me broke when she opened her mouth to talk to me.

"Cali, can you hear me?" she asked and I nodded, trying to swallow back tears as another contraction tour through me. "Sweetie, I need you to listen to me now. You have an uncommon condition called placenta previa, which means that the placenta is low on the uterus, and is blocking part of the cervix. Do you understand?"

I nodded without much reaction. What does all of this mean for the babies?

"The good news is, you're at full term in your pregnancy. So the doctor is going to take you in now for an emergency c-section so we can get the babies out before anything can happen," she told me.

"What could happen?" I asked, my voice sounding foreign as I finally used it.

"Well, what we're trying to avoid is the girls becoming distressed, but this could also be dangerous for you." At this point she was wheeling me into a room. "We don't want you to lose too much blood."

"They're doing the c-section now, right?" I asked, as she helped me into the bed.

"Yes, the doctor's coming in right now," she answered.

"Brendon?" I asked.

"I'm right here, Cal," he said, grabbing my hand and I turned to look at him. He looked shocked and terrified, and I brought his hand up to my lips.

"It's gonna be fine," I told him and he nodded

******
I had cried so much that die that I expected myself to be fresh out of tears, but I was proved wrong when I heard the cry of the first baby. Tears sprung to my eyes automatically as the noise filled the room. I looked up at Brendon's face to see a huge smile plastered on it, along with tears rolling down his own cheeks.

"C-Cali, she's beautiful," he gushed, looking down at me as a joyful sob escaped my throat.

"We've still got another one here," the doctor said, and I waited to hear another magical sound like the first, but it didn't happen.

"What's wrong? Why isn't she crying?" I asked the doctor.

"Nothing. She's fine," the doctor assured me as the nurse rolled her away to clean both of the twins.

"Then why isn't she crying?" I asked as he made me relax back.

"Some babies don't," he informed me.

******

"How are we going to tell them apart? They're identical," Brendon said, looking down at the twins who were sleeping on the bed.

"Well, just so you don't get confused now, I guess we can dress them in certain colors until we know enough about their personalities or find little details to tell them apart by," I told Brendon.

"So this is Mollie," Brendon said, touching the oldest girl's foot.

"And this is Lillie," I said, nodding towards the other girl.

"We never did give them middle names," Brendon told me and I nodded.

"Mollie Elizabeth," I said.

"And Lillie?"

"Liliana...." I thought for a minute. "Ryan."

"What?"

"I think her middle name should be Ryan. Remember, we said that Ry would be her godfather, so why not?" I asked him and he nodded.

"That works." Brendon nodded before looking back down at the girls. His girls. Our girls. "God, they're beautiful."

"Of course they are. I told you they were going to look just like you," I said and Brendon smiled.

"They have your nose," he told me and I shook my head.

"No they don't. Everything about them is you. And I hope it stays that way."