Status: Finished

But It's Better If You Swear to Shake It Up.

Care to explain?

Cali's P.O.V.

I drove the car quickly down a very familiar, yet unsafe feeling road as I came up to a driveway I had pulled into one too many times. Travis had called me only twenty minutes before and told me to get over to his place as soon as possible. I had been hanging out with Brendon and Ryan at my house, so I figured I might as well hurry up and go there before he came looking for me. I knew I needed to talk to him about Brendon and I, and I planned on doing it soon, but I didn't really picture tonight as the perfect night to do so.

I walked in the door and was greeted with a hard slap across my face. I quickly brought my hands up to my stinging cheek as I fought back the tears that were threatening to pour from my eyes.

"What the hell was that for?" I asked, glad my voice came out as sturdy as it did because inside I was far from it.

"You're such a god damn slut, you'll never fucking learn!" Travis screamed as he tried to strike me again.

"What the fuck are you talking about?!" I screamed back as I ducked away from his hand. I could smell some form of alcohol on his breath and I knew it wasn't good because he was pissed.

"This!" He spat as he viciously threw something at me. I picked it up and it was a magazine turned to a page where they have the star watch. You know, the place where they violate celebrities privacy by taking random pictures of their moments that are supposed to be off camera.

"And I'm looking at what?" I asked as I skimmed the magazine and didn't see anything that would really interest me, let alone Travis.

"Right there, and don't be such a fucking smart ass. It's not going to help you anymore," He said as he pointed to the spot he wanted me to look.

I looked at the picture and froze. In the magazine in front of me was a picture of Brendon and I kissing on the swings at the park the other day.

"Looks familiar don't she?" He breathed down my neck as he watched me gaze down at the picture. "Care to explain?"

"I-uh," I stumbled over words I couldn't piece together in my head.

"You what? Have been cheating on me for god knows how long with some rock star you've been fantasizing over for months. Of course you can't explain that, I mean no one could," He said.

"I was going to tell you," I stammered. I really didn't know what to say. I felt stupid and weak.

"Oh really, and that was when? Two months from now? Years, maybe?" He asked. He wasn't about to back down and I knew it. I needed to think quick and fast if I was ever going to get out of here feeling successful.

"I was going to tell you sooner, but I never got a chance from all the time spent and wasted by you trying to get into my pants," I shot back.

"Yeah, definitely wasted when you're never putting out. I guess you need to give it a break after all the fucking around you do with all the other guys," He told me rolling his eyes.

"Well if you were actually satisfying I wouldn't have to get it from anywhere else."

"Well then I hope he's just that great, because you're done."

"Finally! That's all I've ever wanted is to be through with you," I said.

"Fuck you! Get your shit out of my house now!" He said pointing upstairs to his room.

I ran up and gathered some of my clothes and belongings. "I have your shit in my car. I'll bring it into you," I said as I ran quickly out to my car and yanked out a garbage carelessly filled with his stuff. I brought it in and threw it at his feet.

I turned to walk out the door but he caught my arm before I left.

"This isn't over yet. Watch your fucking back." He whispered fiercely in my ear.

*********

I shivered as I drove back to my house. Those four words swirled around my head in a nonstop motion that almost made me feel sick. I couldn't wait to get home and into Brendon's arms. I was seriously scared, yet very relieved. What was happening to me?