Status: Finished

But It's Better If You Swear to Shake It Up.

I missed you.

Brendon's P.OV.

“Kara?” I asked as I laid eyes on my little sister standing in front of me.

She looked up as if she had just noticed me and a huge smile spread over her face. She ran over to me and wrapped her arms around my neck. “Oh my god, Brendon! I missed you!”

“I missed you too. What are you doing here?” I asked as I noticed how dark it was outside.

“She's driving me nuts,” She told me. I knew “she” was referred to our mom.

“She's been driving you nuts for years and you've never left. What happened?”

“It's been nonstop nagging since you left. I swear, it's worse when she only has one kid to boss around,” She told me.

“I found her outside your house. I knew you would either be here or at Cali's, so I tried her first,” Spencer told me.

“Yeah. Why is there a for sale sign in front of your house?” Kara asked, but I ignored her question.

“How long were you at there? You're soaking wet,” I said suddenly noticing how dripping wet her hair and clothes were.

“A couple hours. I was waiting for you to come home,” She said.

“Does mom know you were there?”

“No.”

“You just left without telling her. Jesus Kara, you need to get home. I'm surprised she hasn't called yet.”

“I'm not going back.”

“Why not? I know she can be bad but it's your home.”

“No, technically it's not. I told her I wasn't coming home when I left earlier and she said that was fine because she didn't want me to live there anymore.”

“She kicked you out?! What the hell did you do?”

“Nothing that bad. She's just pissed because I'm failing.”

“You're failing!” I yelled at her.

“You were too. And she didn't freak out over it.”

“Yeah she did. This is your senior year, don't blow it. You can't just not graduate,” I told her.

“Well I brought the grade up since they sent the letter out a couple weeks ago. She just found the letter yesterday and freaked out about me not showing it to her,” She said shrugging.

“You really aren't taking this seriously. Where are you going to live?”

“Why can't I live with you?”

“Because I don't live by myself anymore.”

“Who do you live with?”

“My girlfriend.” I told her.

“Since when?”

“About a week ago. But that's not the point. You can't just live on the street. I won't let you, so don't even say you could,” I told her as I watched her mouth open and then shut quickly.

“I don't know. I'll figure it out.”

“No, you need to figure it out now. Where are you going to stay tonight even?”

“Can't I stay with you? Just for tonight?” She asked.

“No because I'm not going home tonight,” I told her. It wasn't a lie either. I wasn't planning on going home until tomorrow at the most.

She stayed silent and just stood there.

“She can stay with me,” Spencer offered suddenly.

“Are you sure?” I asked. I didn't want to dump my sister on any of my friends. That was one reason I wasn't going to let her stay with me. It wouldn't be fair to Cali.

“Yeah. I'm all alone in that big house anyway, I could use the company," He said.

“Well there you go, Bren. Now will you just chill. I haven't seen you in like a year and it would be nice to talk to you without you lecturing me for a moment,” She told me.

“Yes. Come in here, I'm hungry,” I said motioning towards the kitchen. She followed and I listened to her talk and inform about everything that had happened at home in since the last time I was there. It was great to have her there. But I couldn't help noticing Spencer staring at her most of the time.