Status: Finished

But It's Better If You Swear to Shake It Up.

*** him.

Cali's P.O.V.

“That was so fucking awesome. And hell if Ryan didn't look so fucking hot!” My friend Dani screamed in my ear.

“Yes, and god damn, would you quit fucking screaming in my ear!” I said.

“Sorry. Now let's go before some little teenie asses try to take our spot backstage with the boys,” She said as we hurried back to the door that would take us backstage. We showed the security guard our passes and he led us back to a room and told us to wait. We sat for a couple of minutes before Ryan, Spencer, and Jon walked out of a door on the opposite side of the room we came in.

“Hey,” Ryan said sitting down next to Dani, who's face flushed as he smiled at her.

I found myself losing all interest with the conversation and instead focused on the door right across from where I was sitting. It didn't have a sign like all the others, and no sound seemed to be coming from it. I sat and stared at it a good ten minutes before it finally opened revealing a half naked Brendon pulling a shirt over his bare chest. I felt the blood rushing to my face as I caught a glance of his bare stomach. I quickly looked away and looked back only when I knew he was fully clothed. He sat down in a chair across from me and I smiled.

“Hi,” I said.

He looked at me and smiled back before replying. “Hey. What's your name?”

“Cali,” I answered.

“Beautiful name for a gorgeous girl,” He said.

At that moment I couldn't help the smile that appeared on my face as well as the burning red color and the feeling of ricocheting butterflies in my stomach. “Thanks.” I replied then automatically felt stupid. I felt like I must have sounded like a conceited bitch taking that as a simple compliment, but it was actually more. But of course he didn't know that.

“Your welcome,” Was his answer before he turned to the rest of the guys and started talking.

“Hey, where'd you get that?” I asked Dani nodding to the Monster in her hand.

“Outside in the hall. You were with me, remember?” She answered nodding towards the door.

“Oh yeah. God I would kill for one right now,” I said.

“So go get one,” She said.

“What do you want?” Ryan asked.

“She wants a drink,” Dani said.

“What kind of drink?” He asked eying me, probably trying to figure out how old I was.

“A Rockstar from the machine outside,” I said.

“Okay, just wondering. I mean I'd offer you something from here, but I don't know how old you are,” He said motioning to the many bottles filled with alcoholic substance.

“Hell half of us aren't even old enough to drink it,” Spencer said making us all laugh.

“Well good guess, I'm only eighteen. And that's fine. I'll just go get it myself,” I said getting up.

“I'll come with you,” Brendon said getting up and starting to wake towards me.

“That's okay. I can handle walking down the hallway myself,” I said, but inside I was saying the exact opposite.

“I'm sure you could. But the thing is, when you leave the room, they'll think your done visiting us and won't let you back in when you try. So if I come with you it will be a different story. Plus I need a Red Bull like now,” He said and led me out the door. He nodded to the security guard who did the same and we walked down the hallway.

“So your eighteen eh?” He asked.

“Yup, my birthday was last month.”

“Cool. It's a fun age. Well, I actually wouldn't know. I guess it was fun for me because I got to tour with my band,” He said as he put money into the machine and waited for the can to come out.

“It's okay. I mean it's fun, but-”

“It could be better,” He finished my sentence before I could and looked at me. I made eye contact and then broke it, turning to put money into the machine for my drink. When I pulled the drink out and stood up, we were so close I couldn't help but look at him. As I did our eyes met and I gazed into his chocolate brown ones.

Everything happened in a flash I didn't even notice him lean in to kiss me or even object when he did. I just let his soft lips press to mine and supported myself against the machine as I enjoyed every moment of the mind blowing event I could before my mind had a chance to process what was going on. But it did, and way too quickly. I pushed him away and stepped to the side.

“We can't. I have a boyfriend and I barely know you. It's just wrong,” I said.

“I'm sorry. I don't know what happened. I wasn't thinking. Please don't hate me for that,” He said, his face turning bright scarlet with every word said.

“It's okay. Just don't do it again,” I said, but even as these words left my mouth I wish they hadn't. Truth was, I could careless about Travis. I mean he's my boyfriend but it was more like friends with benefits. We barely talk about anything and the only time we really get along without any problems is when we're in the bedroom. And as I sat there and talked to Brendon I just stared at those full lips and wanted so bad to kiss them, but I had already denied him. And I knew if I tried now he would just do the same to me. Or would he? Whatever, I wasn't about to give it a shot.

I don't know how long we sat there, mostly in silence but sometimes talking, and I don't know how we got so close to each other. But when we stood up to go back to the room, he was once again right next to me. And it was as if on reflex, I pushed him against the wall and crashed our lips together.

He pulled away after a few seconds. “What about your boyfriend?” He asked

“Fuck him,” I said reconnecting our lips in a fiery kiss.