Status: Finished

But It's Better If You Swear to Shake It Up.

No matter what, always and forever.

Brendon's P.O.V

As I walked off the stage I felt a pain shoot through my arm. This was deffinitely the toughest show I had ever performed, even harder than the first time we played for Pete. Our manager had wanted to cancel this show, but I had refused to let him. I had worn a long sleeve jacket so now one could see my arm was injured, but if they couldn't tell by some of my actions they were pretty absent minded. I hadn't been able to play piano, so someone else was doing that for me at the necessary times and when I grabbed the microphone off its stand, I held it with only my left hand the entire time. The first time I tried I couldn't bend my hand enough to get the mic close enough to my mouth and the audience wouldn't be able to hear me singing. So I made sure to keep it in my left. But my arm wasn't my only reaon why I was off focus during some of the songs.

I couldn't keep my mind off of Cali. Ryan had told me she would be here, and I swore I saw her out in the crowd during 'Lying is the most fun a girl can have without taking her clothes off', but there was so many people I couldn't be completely sure. And anyway, just because she came to the show didn't mean she wanted to make up. I guess I would just wait and let what was to happen unfold.

I was knocked out of my thoughts by Kara running from the back of the room and jumping on me. I laughed as I hugged her to me for a minute before placing her down on her feet.

"You guys rock!" She said as the rest of the guys filed in from off the stage.

"Did you just notice that?" Ryan asked placing his guitar down in its case, then laughing at her sudden burst of energy. "Is it genetic?" He asked me making me smile and nod.

"Guess so."

"Uh, no, I didn't just notice how fucking amazing you guys sound. But tonight you guys were extremely kick ass," Kara answered.

"Yeah, I'm sure we were. Oh, have you seen Cali yet, Bren?" Ryan asked me looking around the little area to see if she had been sitting there unnoticed.

"No. Are you sure she's coming?" I asked.

"Yes. I gave her details and directions. She's probably just outside waiting to get back here. Don't worry, she'll be here," He told me.

"Hope so," I answered quietly.

**************

It has been three hours since we have been off stage and I still haven't seen or heard anything from Cali.

"Brendon, come on, relax. I'm sure she'll be here soon," Ryan said trying to coax me up from my seat on the couch where I had been planted the whole time.

"I'll be right back, I'm gonna try and call her again," I said grabbing my sidekick off the table and walking out the door. But it wasn't any use. All it did was ring until the machine picked up. I didn't understand why she didn't want to talk to me. Had I really been that horrible last night?

I snapped my phone shut and forced myself to get up and walk back into the room, plopping my ass right back down on the couch to sit in the same trance-like state I had been in for the last two hours.

"So, how are we going to celebrate Ryry's birthday this year?" Jon asked. I didn't know why he bothered, Ryan's birthday wasn't until the end of the month. I guess he was just that desperate to get some sort of conversation going.

"I don't know. What do you think we should do, Bren?" Ryan asked as he came over and sat down next to me.

I just shrugged my shoulders and continued staring down at the sidekick in my hands as if expecting it to magically ring and end this slight depression that was wrapping around me. He leaned his head down and looked up into my face causing us to lock eyes. He pouted when he saw my expression and nodded his head toward the door. I nodded my head and he got up and walked outside, me following after five minutes later.

"No luck in calling her?" He asked as I sat down on the sidewalk.

"She's not answering her phone," I told him.

"Maybe she's not home."

"Where else is she going to be?" I said helplessily.

"I don't know. But she better have a god damn reason for not coming," He said. "Here try calling her on my phone."

I dialed the number and sure enough on the second ring she answered.

"Hello?"

"Where are you?" I asked.

"Brendon? Where are you calling me on Ryan's phone?" She asked.

"You didn't answer my question, where are you?"

"Uh, home. You did call the house, remember?" She said sounding slightly annoyed.

"Oh yeah, sorry. Are you coming out here?"

"No."

"Why not?"

"Look, I have to go. I'll call you back," She said and I could her voices and then the sounds of someone giggling in the background. I couldn't tell if it was a guy or girl.

"Who's there?" I asked.

"Bren, I'm kinda busy. Will you let me call you back?"

"Not until you tell me who the fuck is there," I said.

"It's the television jack ass. Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean I can't enjoy myself," I heard her huff and then she hung up.

"I'm going home," I said getting up and walking inside and grabbing my car keys off the table. I was about to get in the car and drive off when Ryan ran out to me.

"I'm coming with you," He said rushing over to the passangers seat and getting in.

"You don't have to," I told him.

"Yes I do. You're fuming mad and I can't let you drive off and do something stupid," He said.

I drove home and pulled inher our driveway. I got out and went to the door but it was locked. I had forgotten my key in my hurry to get out of there last night so I had to knock. I waited five minutes for Cali to open the door.

"What are you doing here? Aren't you guys supposed to be doing some show?" She asked, but I ignored and pushed my way past.

"No, our show ended about four hours ago. Where the fuck were you?" Ryan snapped at her as he followed in after me.

"I was there," She said.

"When?" I asked turning around to look at her face.

"I was their for the whole show. I left after I saw Brendon with his new little whore," She spat at me as she turned to walk towards the living room.

I grabbed her arm and spun her around. "What the hell is your problem?" I asked.

"The question is what the hell is your problem? I know you're a big famous rock star now, but do you really believe that when I'm not around you have to fuck the first thing that moves? I mean, we weren't even properly broken up."

"Tell me what the hell you're talking about and you might get an actual answer to that bull shit question," I told her.

"You know damn well what I'm talking about. I'm talking about the little slut hanging all over you after the concert. I walked backstage and saw you with some girl wrapped around your neck."

"You stupid bitch! That was my sister! She was hugging me and congratulating me on the great show!" I yelled her.

Her face lost all color as she looked shocked, confused, and upset. "I-I had no idea," She stammered as she tried to keep her composure.

"Of course you didn't. You didn't think to ask either, did you?" I said, starting to calm down and feel a little sympathetic toward her.

"Brendon, I'm r-really sorry," She said and I saw a tear escape down her cheek, but she quickly wiped it away.

I lost all my anger at that moment. She had this way of doing that to me. It didn't matter what she did, it hurt me to see her cry.

"Cali, don't cry, please," I said and wrapped my arms around her to comfort her. She buried her face into my shoulder so I wouldn't see her cry but I could still feel the moisture coming from her eyes.

"I'm so stupid. Why are you doing this? You should be pissed at me, yet you're comforting me? This doesn't make sense," She said.

"I should have introduced you to my sister when we first got together. She's a big part of my life and you should've known that. It's partially my fault," I said.

"No, it's not. I've been horrible to you the past few days. Why are you so good to me?" She said lifting her head up and looking at me.

"Because no matter what, I will love you, always and forever."