Status: Finished

But It's Better If You Swear to Shake It Up.

She's my sister.

Brendon's P.O.V.

I couldn't believe what I was seeing. My sister and my best friend in bed together. They were sleeping, but now I could see Spencer starting to wake up and I wasn't going to hold it in any longer.

“What the hell is going on here?” Ryan yelled making Spencer shoot up in bed and causing Kara to open her eyes. I took one look at my sister like that and turned around and walked down the stairs. I sat on the couch with my head in my hands for a minute until I heard footsteps come in the room.

“Bren, are you okay?” Cali asked me.

“What do you think?” I asked her looking up.

“I think not. Do you wanna g-” She started to say, but stopped as footsteps came from behind her.

“Bren?” Kara asked me as she walked in. She was fully dressed, but her hair and make up were a little smudged and you could tell she had been up to something. It made me sick to think about it.

“What do you want?” I asked, looking away from here.

“I'm sorry,” She said, looking uncomfortable.

“No, you're not,” I told her.

“Yes, I am. I'm sorry we didn't tell you, it was a new thing,” She said.

“A new thing to fuck your brother's friends, I'm sorry, I never heard of it this thing before,” I told her, adding air quotes with my fingers while I said, "thing".

“Of course you're not gonna be fucking easy,” She said.

“No, because you're the only easy one in the family.”

“Brendon, don't,” Cali told me, but I ignored her.

Kara was about to answer, but Ryan walked in the room closely followed by Spencer. I was suddenly pissed when I saw Spencer walk in the room.

He looked at me and I saw fear in his eyes and something else I didn't know, but I wasn't concerned with that right now.

“I'm going to go outside for a cigarette, will you come with me, Kara?” Cali asked. Kara nodded yes and they walked out the door.

“Okay, who's going to start talking?” Ryan asked as he sat on the couch.

“Talk about what?” I asked.

“Brendon, don't be a jack ass,” Ryan told me.

“Don't worry about that, I think Spencer did that enough for all of us,” I told him.

“Bren, I'm serious!”

“Fine, but I'm not talking until he explains himself,” I said indicating to Spencer sitting on the couch across from the chair I was sitting on.

“There's nothing to explain,” Spencer told me.

“Really? Because I want to know what's been going on with you and my sister and for how long,” I told him.

“We're, um, dating, I guess,” He said.

“How long?”

“This morning.”

“And you're fucking already, that's promising,” I said, my voice dripping with sarcasm. He looked down at his feet and didn't answer.

I looked at Ryan and he gave me a pleading look with his caramel brown eyes, but I just rolled my own chocolate brown ones and continued staring at Spencer waiting until he answered.

“I'm sorry,” He said suddenly.

“Why the fuck are you all apologizing? Seriously, it's not going to do anything,” I said laughing.

“Then what the fuck do you want me to do? I can't apologize because you just fucking laugh and I can't explain because you won't be serious about it. Jesus, Brendon, there's really nothing I can do,” He told me.

I was taken aback. I didn't know what I wanted him to do.

“I love her, Brendon, that's the best explanation you're going to get out of me.”

“She's my sister.”

“I know that, and frankly, I don't care. Don't you understand, it's like how you and Cali were,” He said.

I looked at him and I knew he was telling the truth about loving her. I could see it in his eyes. I always knew something like this would end up happening. Kara always acted different around Spencer than she did any of my other friends, and Spencer always treated her extremely nicely. I guess now was just the time for it to come out.

“Okay. But I'm telling you right now, you hurt her, and I swear you won't be able to fucking walk when I'm done with you,” I told him.
♠ ♠ ♠
Chapter dedicated to iM_nOt_O_kAy, for guessing The Used- Pretty Handsome Awkward correctly.