Status: Finished

But It's Better If You Swear to Shake It Up.

Secrets?

Kara's P.O.V.

“I thought we came out here so you could smoke?” I asked Cali as I watched her sit down in one of the chairs on the back porch.

“I would, but I quit last year. I just wanted to get out of there before Brendon decided to kick Spencer's ass,” She said. “But if you smoke, feel free to light one up.”

“I would, but my cigs are inside. And if I go in there in search of cancer sticks, Brendon will probably kill me instead of of just kicking my ass for “fucking” his friends. I can't fucking believe him. I'm eighteen and he's treating me like I'm ten!” I said pacing around the porch.

“Here,” I heard her say and looked over to see her holding out a cigarette for me.

“Thought you didn't smoke?” I asked as I took it and lit it up.

“It's been a very stressful week,” She replied calmly and I just nodded and inhaled the lovely toxins that swirled my brain.

“Yeah, I know what you mean. But that's what you get for getting involved with my brother. He's a fucking walking disaster at only the age of twenty.”

“Well, it's not an easy life. He's away from home so much and always surrounded by people he doesn't know all the time. He probably feels like he's missed so much that's happened with you the last couple of years.”

“I know, but that still doesn't mean he has to treat me like his fucking property.”

“I think he's just worried about you.”

“Worried about what? You'd think he'd feel better about me dating Spencer since he's a friend who he trusts. But no, because they're best friends, that just makes it horrible for the little sister to want to date him. It just doesn't make any fucking sense to me,” I said taking another drag from the cigarette to calm my nerves.

“It's an older sibling thing. My sister was the exact same way with me when I first got with my ex-boyfriend. It's like they feel they need to protect you because you're younger than them. And Brendon's feeling it big time because he just found you in bed with his friend and band mate god only knows how long after you had sex. He probably had it planted in his mind you were still a virgin,” She told me.

“Why is it that everyone thinks we're just fucking? Does it mean anything for you to know that we're dating too?” I said annoyed at everyone's accusations.

“I didn't know you guys were dating,” She said.

“Yeah we are. I wouldn't let the fucker in my pants if we weren't in some kind of relationship with him. Brendon might say I'm an easy slut, but the truth is he hasn't a fucking clue about me right now.”

“You two really need to talk a lot of things over, I can see that already,” She told me.

“I don't want to talk him and he quite obviously doesn't want to talk to me about shit,” I told her.

“You don't know that. He was just mad in there. I think once Ryan talks to him he should be fine. So you should try talking to him sometime about things like this.”

“Yeah, maybe,” I said. “Can I have another?” I asked as I waved my cigarette around in the air a little.

“Yeah, here,” She said handing me another.

“Thanks,” I said stubbing out my lit one and lighting the other. We sat in silence a couple of minutes before I decided to try and talk about something. I was a little curious about how she had gotten with my brother.

“So, how did you and Brendon meet?” I asked.

“I went to one of their concerts and we hit it off. So we started hanging out and it turned out like this,” She said shrugging.

“How long have you guys been dating then?” I asked.

“About three months,” She told me.

“And you live together already?”

“Yeah. And so what? You've been dating Spencer for what, a day, and you're already living with him,” She said laughing.

“That was a little different,” I told her laughing too.

“I'm sure.”

Just at that moment the back door opened and someone walked outside. I quickly hid my hand behind my back in case it was Brendon.

“Chill out, Kara, it's just me,” Ryan said as he shut the door behind him.

“Is he still alive?” Cali asked him jokingly as he walked over to sit next to us.

“Yes, they're okay now. But Brendon said he wanted to talk to Spencer personally, so I came out here to make sure every things alright. Which it looks to be,” He said sitting down.

“Are they coming out soon?” I asked him, looking at the door to make sure Brendon wasn't about to walk out.

“I don't know, but probably in a couple of minutes. Why, big brother doesn't know you smoke?” Ryan asked smiling.

“No,” I answered as I stubbed it out and put the butt in my pocket.

“Well then, we have a secret, don't we?” He asked laughing.

****
Narrator's P.O.V.

But little did they know, there were many secrets still to come.