Status: Finished

But It's Better If You Swear to Shake It Up.

It's baby making time!

Brendon's P.O.V.

“Can I hold him?” I asked as I looked down at my tiny little god son. Something about calling him that made me feel so happy. I don't know what it was, but babies have that affect on me.

“Of course. But you have to sit down in the chair. I'm not trying to treat you like a little five-year-old kid, it's just precaution. Plus you're known for your little outbursts of energy,” Angie told me smiling.

“Uh, I'm hurt. How could you say such a thing Angie?” I asked as I went to sit in the chair.

“I'm sorry, Brendon. I guess the bitchiness from the pregnancy hasn't worn off yet. Oh well, will you ever forgive me?” She asked as she handed Jacob off to Jon.

“I guess so. Just quit you're shit soon,” I said as I held my arms out to receive the little bundle.

“Good,” She laughed.

I looked down at the baby in my arms and he stared right back up at me. I leaned my face down close to his and kissed the tip of his nose. He lifted up a hand and squeezed my nose. I had to shake my head to get him off because he had such a good grip on it. I laughed and moved my head back.

“Hi little guy,” I said smiling down at him.

He grabbed hold of the index finger of my hand.

“What are you doing? Wow, you got a good grip. You gonna be big and strong like your daddy?” I asked him as I wiggled my finger.

He made a little gurgling noise and a slight smile found its way onto his face.

“I take that as a yes,” I said laughing.

“He's so adorable. And small. Aren't you scared to break him?” Cali said from beside me as she and Ryan leaned in from both sides to admire the little boy.

“No. If I was worried about breaking every little thing I held, I wouldn't be able to hold you would I?” I asked her as I turned my head to look at her. She smiled and kissed me softly on the lips before she ran her hand down the side of his face.

“Okay, one of you guys needs to switch. Visiting hours are almost up and Kara still wants to come in,” Jon said.

“I'll go,” Cali offered standing up.

“I'll go too. I'm starting to get tired, so I think we're going to just head home,” I said getting up and handing Jacob to Ryan and walking over to hug Jon.

“Bye man,” He said.

“Bye. Congratulations again, he's beautiful,” I told both him and Angie before turning to walk out the door behind Cali. I gave Kara a hug and kiss before we left to find our car.

***************

“He was so adorable,” Cali said as we both plopped down on the couch five minutes after we had got home.

“You've said that about five times,” I said laughing.

“I know, but it's so true. Don't you just love babies?” She asked looking at me.

“Yeah,” I told her.

“Have you ever thought about having one of our own?” She asked me after a couple of minutes of silence.

“I don't know. Have you?” I asked her.

“Not a lot. But seeing you with Jacob today made me see what a great dad you could be, and I've been thinking about it since,” She said.

“Fuck, I probably scared you away now. I'm really not crazy, I was just-” She started after I didn't answer for a minute, but I cut her off.

“It's okay. I mean no girl would usually ever admit to thinking about stuff like that. And it's just natural since we've been around two people who are totally in love and happy with their newborn. Just because I've never thought about it before doesn't mean it couldn't happen,” I told her.

“So does that mean you're actually considering it?” She asked.

“I might,” I said smiling.

“Well, shouldn't we wait a little bit? I mean we have only been together for about three almost four months,” She asked.

“We can. I mean just because we want to doesn't mean we have to have a baby right now. But it might not hurt to get the process going a little bit quicker,” I said scooting closer to her.

“Oh, and how are we to do that?” She asked.

“I don't know, maybe like, this?” I said placing a small kiss on her lips.

“I think that would be a good start,” She said as she leaned in closer to me.

"Well guess what," I said inching closer to her.

"What?" She asked.

“It's baby making time!”